Biggest underdogs for 2017

>biggest underdogs for 2017
>shows everyone ONCE AGAIN the pinstripes are the best in history

No one has more rookies and they ARE ALL GOOD. How does a team historically get the best rookies?
>inb4 money
Money doesn't tell you a player will be good.

>Money doesn't tell you a player will be good.

But it does let you hire the best scouts

>the 2nd/3rd most valuable sports team in the world, and by far the far most moneyed team in its league has the best rookies.
>OP is shocked

>spend shitloads of free agents
>trade them for prospects
>also spend on international free agents
>some are good
HOW DID WE DO IT BROS

What makes baseball easier to scout than other sports, then? How many time did a "promising" rookie in the NFL shit the bed?

I'm not saying that baseball is easier to scout than other sports. Only that when you're an organization as wealthy as the Yankees, you can afford the best scouts, making it more likely that you're going to find talented young players.

Team is on the verge of the special run. It's going to be the late 90s all over again. Good times for all!

i just like that Sabathia looks like Forrest Whitaker's cousin

Not for RED SOX cucks! lol

Dodgers have more and better rookies.

>Dodgers have more and better rookies.

gr8 b8 but the yankees rookie is the triple crown winner right now

Dodgers have two rookies who are literally GOAT.

great time to be born and raised in DA BRONX

The Dodgers are just as rich as the Yankees and haven't won shit in years. The Yankees may have a lot of money, but they know how to use it.

this isnt the EPL dumbass, there's a salary cap.
pretty much any team that matters (all except san diego) spend the same amount on players

>LOL FUCK COMRADE SANDERS THAT COMMUNIST NIGGER FAGGOT FUCK YOU!!!

>THE YANKEES ARE ACTUALLY SPENDING MONEY UTILIZING THE CAPITALIST MARKET SYSTEM IN THE MAJORS???? WTF I HATE DRUMPF NOW!!!!

There is no cap in baseball.

I think he's referring to the draft cap and international signings cap, but those are recent additions to the rules and they can be broken if you want to pay the fine.

'No'

What are you talking about? They all wear caps

>they can be broken if you want to pay the fine
Doesn't that miss the point of a salary cap? Who is more likely to pay a luxury tax/fine, Athletics or Yankees?

soft cap where you pay double what you go over by
along with a bigger penalty if you go over it for 5 yrs straight
makes 0 sense to over cap and yankees have committed to not going over it for like the past 10 years
also few other teams go over except dodgers
really makes no sense to go over so all teams end up spending around the same amount of money

its gotten so high that even the yankees have started trimming fat to not go over it

NYY will not win the world series in the next ten years.

>tfw

well from a costs standpoint it stops making sense after a while

say you value a player in free agency at $5 million a year, but you are over the cap so you have to pay a 100% luxury tax, is that player really worth $10 million a year in total cost to you? most of the time he isnt

>biggest underdogs for 2017
There were many other teams competing for that, most notably the Twins, Rockies, and Diamondbacks, all of which were basement shitters last season

>being cocky when your franchises are complete garbage historically

I've seen more championships in my lifetime than you faggots have seen combined. The fuck out of here.

>mfw we've been shit for most of this decade and now that we're good again everyone is absolutely foaming at the mouth with Yankee hatred

Why are you all so /obsessed/ with us?

The dynasty is back baby

>pinstripes are the best

Ready to get swept? Hold tight, this is gonna hurt.

Yankees haven't won shit since their rebuild and when the Dodgers started to spend money. Yankees are not in a better position to win than the Dodgers, but they are pretty much top 3-5. Yankees have youth in Severino, Judge (25), and Sanchez (24). They also have a great farm system with Gleyber Torres, Rutherford, and Clint Frazier. However, they don't have in their prime stars that the Dodgers do apart from Chapman who is matched by Jansen.

Dodgers have Bellinger, Seager, and Urias. They have 3 great pitching prospects in Buehler, Alvarez, and White. They have Calhoun, and Verdugo who could also be traded for more talent. So youth is present, but they also have a guy like Kershaw and Justin Turner. It feels like the Yankees pitching might not hold out in the 2nd half of the season.

If Tanaka turns it around I'll do a 180 on that opinion, but that's the way I see it.

Money

>How does a team historically get the best rookies?

20 of the piss-smelling Yankees' World Series Titles came before the was an amateur draft in baseball. The team with the most money to spend simply signed all the best high school talent it could - out bidding teams for the top players.

All the Yankees' success stems from the fact piss-smelling NY city had the most people and therefore the piss-smelling Yankees made the most money.

One famous story is when they tried to sign Yaz. Yaz's dad said he wanted the Yankees to pay for his school or some such and the scout tossed his pen in the air, where it hit Yaz's ceiling. Yaz's dad got pissed and kicked the guy out - so they signed with Boston instead.

But yeah. If you were born in NY and root for the local team, fine. But if not, and you're a Yankees fan, you're among the most pathetic sports fans on Earth. Especially now in the 21st Century, when the Yankees are Boston's bitch.

If an mlb rookie sucks for 16 games he has the rest of the year to shape up. If an nfl rookie does it hes fired

Nope. It's not. Sorry faggot. The AL East is Boston's now. Enjoy your small lead in June.

It didn't look that way this week

What a dumb analysis

what, baseball is much harder to scout than other sports, mlb draft is practically a crapshoot after the first few picks, and even those are far from guaranteed to be good players. Baseball players often take far longer, until their mid 20s, to really show their true potential also, it's not like other sports that are more about athleticism where players show their potential much earlier

Anyway, richer teams absolutely have an advantage not through the draft but with international guys, they can afford to throw more money at all the dominicans and venezuelans and cubans.

Also

>chapman is matched by jansen
What is no

How is anything in that statement false

even if the >yaks make it to October, they're getting their skulls crushed by the Astros tbqhwyfam

I didn't say it was false, I said it was dumb

Well usually, but yeah not this year. Jansen has been on another level.

I miss Hideki-senpai ;A;

Both of these franchises are owned by groups of wealthy as fuck people and corporations. There is zero reason why the people who own the A's can't invest more money in to them aside from greed. No one who owns a MLB franchise is going to be sleeping in the streets if he brings his spending up to the level of the Yankees.

shit franchises BTFO

Yankees have 6 players with 10+ HRs

>Judge: 21
>Gardner: 13
>Holliday: 13
>Castro: 12
>Sanchez: 10
>Hicks: 10

Daily reminder that if you're not in the tri state area you aren't a true Yankees fan

Ladies and gentlemen, your ALCS matchup 2017-2021

Born an raised in da Bronx I'm a true fan of the bombers

>yaks
>underdogs ever
Don't talk back.

>yankees are 4-1 against boston this season

why do the red sox always get raped by the yankees in years the red sox are supposed to be good

Because the red sux lol

What's the third state in the "tri" state area anyway? Connecticut?

dose constazza stil work theer???

larger sample sizes make scouting easier than most sports. Baseball is a statistical game too then you can look at bat speed, fielding, etc...

CC is fat and the Yankees suck lmao eat shit jew york :^)

Its North New Jersey/Lower Hudson Valley of New York/western half of Connecticut with Hartford being the mark for end. Yankees/Mets dominate there as well as the rest of New York State, and Northeastern Pennsylvania because they are closer to NYC than Philly or Pittsburgh

>wankees

>tankees

>spankees

I'm a Red Sox fan I DESU I can't really say much bad about this new Yankee team. For the first time since the mid-90's you're much more built than bought and Judge is an awesome player. I do think you'll dud out a bit in the dog days of July and August but you've already blown away all expectations with your start to this year.

>blankees

shit team not even american