Unironically, all "(c)rap" memes aside, this shit was sad

Unironically, all "(c)rap" memes aside, this shit was sad.

The guy was only 21 years old. Clearly had some talent and this is coming from someone who kind of hates rap music. But he blended genres extremely well for someone who had barely been making music for long at all.

>youtube.com/watch?v=8Mzf9XSz6bc
>youtube.com/watch?v=W3peC29XwOI

Listen to the above as a fan of any genre and tell me he didn't have potential.

Definitely one of the only artists in 2017 who was actually trying to go somewhere with something, instead of more of the same bullshit. The guy was more punk than pretty much any punk band in the current year.

What a sad outcome for all, man. Drug addict yeah sure, but someone who should have definitely continued making music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mOJtjMxNzZM
youtube.com/watch?v=yN3VeoqXFq4
youtube.com/watch?v=pHG1PUUNXKA
youtube.com/watch?v=b2f5kIZ9YuM
youtube.com/watch?v=44At9AQcBw8
youtube.com/watch?v=HkhOE9E_2cI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nigga got "Die Young" tatted on his forehead

I'm a Peep stan, and yes, I am sad, but honestly he wouldn't regret a thing he did.

Yeah, it's kind of fitting that he died young. He is immortalised as a youth, which is the overall sound of his music. It's about youth. Difficult to even imagine the guy getting old anyway.

Was he really a rapper? Most songs he isn't even rapping.

His biggest mistake was putting "lil" in his name.

>giving exposure to snownigger with zero talent
Music for people who steal energy drinks from 7/11, just like Suicide Boys. I thought Sup Forums has some taste
[spoiler]inb4 Fantano mod bans me for saying the N-word he would NEVER EVER say![/spoiler]

The majority of his discography is of him rapping. He sings his raps, but he raps.

Listen to Coke, Praying to the Sky, and Never Eat, Never Sleep.

This. I never understood why he get's called a rapper when he probably has less than 5 songs with him rapping in his whole discography. And he should have just gone by Peep. The amount of times I've heard someone say "I thought he was just another Lil Pump until I actually listened to him" is crazy

I was really into rap until a couple of years ago when I began to expand my tastes. I don't know if I grew out of hip hop, but what you just posted is BAD. Crap flow and shitty lyrics that sound like they were written by a teenager (maybe they were?). The beats were alright, I'll give you that, but not enough to save the track. I may sound like an old man, but that's how I feel about this guy's music.

>The majority of his discography is of him rapping
>he probably has less than 5 songs with him rapping in his whole discography

One of you is a liar.

Depends what the other guy classes as rapping. In those songs he mentioned, he's not rapping, just fast singing

>fast singing

youtube.com/watch?v=mOJtjMxNzZM
Wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=yN3VeoqXFq4
Wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=pHG1PUUNXKA
Wrong

>uses trap beats
>unique
Yeah keep acting like you have any idea what you’re talking about

ITT: baby's first dead celeb

>Music for people who steal energy drinks from 7/11
Lmao

trap beats are done. played out.

You're out of touch, mate. I posted odd tracks that aren't even "rap" to showcase that he isn't a rapper. The guy ISNT a rapper. Once you understand that, then you don't look for conventional "rap" bs in his music. He has better guitar tracks in his songs than literally fucking ANY punk guitar based band out right now.

They all sound so stale

I'm not claiming the guy is a god either, but he's certainly attempting to do something new

>Implying trap sub bass isn't the new distortion pedal

It's quite literally high energy. Plebs will never understand this.

Hardly, but hes more experimental than most bands Sup Forums suburban faggots listen to

>Muh Radiohead
Lmao

Shit, you're actually right about Coke and Praying To The Sky, I wouldn't say Never Eat, Never Sleep is rapping though

See:Trap sub bass and is the new distortion pedal. This shit won't die anytime soon. It hasn't even peaked yet.

This is coming from a "dadrock" sort of guy. This shit is fresh and it sounds fresh (relatively speaking)

He's not even a rapper, he's a singer

youtube.com/watch?v=b2f5kIZ9YuM

Nigga you're WRONG tho
youtube.com/watch?v=44At9AQcBw8
he was both

>You're out of touch
Eh, you might be right about that. It could also be that his drug-glorifying behavior that I find extremely unattractive is preventing me from listening to his music with an open mind. I'll wait until the dust settles and give him another shot in the future.

his mothers instagram is sad

Is there any flaws with this song? I really like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HkhOE9E_2cI

He's singing in the song you linked lmao, how is that proving your point?

It's funny how you seem to think you're speaking knowledgeably about the most talentless, generic pop rap imaginable.

Bro, so what the fuck are you listening to now? Lmao. You think any musician from any era post 70's is any different in glamorising a """"degenerate"""" lifestyle?

Hypocrite as well then

it's only 2 minutes

The 808 sounds like shit

t. Plebian

Go listen to the Foo Fighters and fuck off. I am passionate about music, why would I overlook this guy because he's a "rapper"? He's doing more than most (he was)

Who the fuck sounds fresher than this sound in 2017?

Google cognitive dissonance

fresh? where the fuck have you been.
its been done to death for years.

>so what the fuck are you listening to now?
Certainly not to people who literally post videos of them doing drugs on the internet so that millions of teenagers will cream their pants watching it. That shit's cringe man, admit it.

I've been here the whole time, dude. You're so stupid it's unbelievable. "Done to death", bro, it's been around for what, less than 3 years really? Do you have any fucking idea how long distortion based guitar music was around for?

People won't go back to listening to music without trap 808 once it becomes mainstream (hint: that post malone track is still? number 1 in about 50 different countries)

You're a fucking moron

It's "done to death" to people who lurk soundcloud daily yeah, but not to anyone else

>blended the genres extremely well
his music was the blandest shit, the only reason we don't hate him is because of a different instrumentation, and not another generic le alternative rock band

Name your favourite musicians.

You're full of shit. They all undoubtedly had a worse impact than a relatively underground musician.

You're just an out of touch hypocrite, admit it

It's not about the impact they had. It's the behaviour in itself. My favourite musicians might have been degenerate drug addicts, but they didn't have to scream to the world every couple of hours about how much drugs they did.

Google projection. You literally just made up a bunch of stuff about me baselessly, then attacked that stuff.
You don't realize it, but the reason you did that is to protect yourself emotionally. You don't want my very simple criticism to stick, so you try to turn me into a stereotype you've built up in your head, so you don't have to deal with it. It's pathetic, and honestly a little creepy.

I like a lot of hip hop, but I don't like most trap rap, which is what I refer to as "talentless, generic pop rap" - that should have been obvious.
I don't like the Foo Fighters. I very rarely listen to Radiohead, and haven't actively in years, but I do think they're a good band.

Cry more, you whiny little faggot.

Of course they did you fucking fag
they just did it in a more subtle way

You do understand that in their day, they were seen as the same as you view this guy, right?

>hurpa durpa so sad I wish I could also do drugs and have tattoos and be a total degenerate supported by my middle class parents so sad he died :( :( :(

literally every lil peep fanboy ever

>you fucking fag
Why the homophobia?
>they just did it in a more subtle way
That's my point. This guy was trying way too hard and that's exactly what I find off-putting about him.

t. Numale saddo whos pissed his 06 era gay hair punk band didn't take off
Read what you're typing, you utter fucking faggot.
>nd honestly a little creepy.
Only confirmed homosexuals and women type like this.

>I like a lot of hip hop, but I don't like most trap rap, which is what I refer to as "talentless, generic pop rap"
Jesus christ, you're unironically one of the worst posters i've ever seen on this site

You should kill yourself, no joke

Shhh, if you make them self-aware then they might not do all that stuff
it can serve a Darwinian role

>Why the homophobia?
Saying "fag" isn't even fucking homophibic to anyone except complete faggots

Also, gays are fucking disgusting anyway dude, why are you so sensitive?

For someone who likes large cocks in his ass, you'd think you wouldn't be such a bitch

This doesn't even make sense. You're raging so hard that you may have given yourself a brain aneurysm. It's okay, sweet child.

>they just did it in a more subtle way
You have to be trolling.

You are the same retard who, had you lived in the 70's, been criticising Jim Morrison and Hendrix for having longer hair than usual and being "showy"

You're unironically a moron

Sup Forums is a LGBT-friendly board

Go listen to the Foo fighters and fuck off mate

It makes perfect sense. "fag" isn't really homophobic, it's used as a generic slur now. But I still find actual gays disgusting too.

You dumb cunt

No it isn't faggot

>if you're born in a first world scenario you can't be depressed
lol

I'm not the one who commented on your use of the word "fag." Keep your conversations in order, my retarded little buddy.

you just showed your card.
what are you, im going to guess youre about 17 years old?

>been criticising Jim Morrison and Hendrix for having longer hair than usual and being "showy"
Not really, their behaviour was secondary to the (good) music they made. Lil peep built his entire fanbase on his depressed, junkie, self-destructive persona, which didn't come off as genuine at all.

dude once something turns up in commercials and is number 1 in the charts, its fucking over. just a matter of time.

When you're essentially unconscious to what suffering actually is, I could see how you could convince yourself that your life is bad enough to warrant depression because society has literally any expectation of you.

I don't care faggot

t. No argument so instead just ad hom
Prove anything I said wrong you retard

>Not really, their behaviour was secondary to the (good) music they made
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You do understand why people went to Jim Morrisson shows right?

You're fucking retarded

I can't even imagine being this stupid

>warrant depression
>sorry, sir, your suffering is just an illusion because others have it worse
what?

I thought xylophones and whistling was fresh as hell until it started being used in tampon commercials.

This is just lo-fi hip-hop minus the weebs and plus shitty vocals.

>reading comprehension
I never mentioned anything about other people are going through; I in fact explicitly stated that you are going through something. It's just that the something you're going through is living with social expectations, and the only reason you think that is bad is because it's the worst thing you've ever lived with.

And that is quite literally how the mechanism for emotional reactions and depression work. Babies cry when they are hungry because being hungry is the worst thing they've ever dealt with. When you're older, hunger isn't the worst thing you've ever dealt with, so you don't cry about it (unless you're one of those people who unironically becomes "hangry" and throws temper tantrums if they haven't eaten in a few hours).

If you had a reference for what suffering is beyond living with an expectation from society, you wouldn't feel so bad about society expecting things from you. That's quite literally how it works. The entire point of cognitive behavioral therapy (which is the primary treatment for depression) is getting you to realize that you're doing it to yourself because you're overreacting.

Maybe you're a rape victim, or your parents were shitty, or you grew up poor, I dunno. I'm using the general (You), anyway. Regardless, life isn't that bad even if you are those things.

Source: I'm a rape-victim who had abusive parents and grew up poor, used the military to escape it and killed some children in the process, and is succeeding in therapy because I can qualify what "It could be worse!" means.

>clearly had some talent
huh
>coming from someone who kind of hates rap music

I see

You typed all of that up and to save time you could have just said: "I'm a massive faggot"

Furthermore, to say Lil Peep is just lo-fi hiphop is retarded

See what? Rap is fucking garbage. Which rapper do you like and I'll tell you why they suck.

Peep's (and other soundcloud rappers) style of hip hop is the only hip hop even worth listening to.

Why the fuck would anyone listen to people like Kendrick Lamar pretending he isn't sub 90 IQ? Lmao! Talking about how we izza was all slaves

Fuck that noise, that shit is history just like the shit he raps about

he's barely a rapper so the rap comments are stupid

You have to be 18 to post on this website, friend.

This is extremely low-quality bait. Either that, or you actually suffer from some sort of mental defect. No normal-intelligence, otherwise healthy human being would have this opinion.

WOW NICE RESPONSE BRO TOTALLY NEVeR SEEN THAT ?BEFORE

Jesus what a fucking homo faggot
>muh military
no one gives a fuck mate, you fought a pointless war for a bunch of old kikes

you weren't protecting your country lmao

t. Plebeian

I own 20k records some of which sell for more than 5k GBP each

Yet some fucking spanner on the net thinks he knows more because he read a Pitchfork review?

Get fucked you complete cunt

Nothing I said is wrong, either

>you shouldn't be depressed because it could be worse! just choose to not be depressed!
>life isn't bad because it could always be worse! isn't that comforting?

ok, thanks, life-cutlist

life-cultist*

I'm not at all surprised that you've been called childish before. And yes, the military is probably a bad idea, at least you figured that out.

All of that music and experience just to have objectively bad taste in music.

>just choose to not be depressed
Yea, that's literally how cognitive behavioral therapy works, which is the primary and currently best known treatment for depression.
>life could always be worse
The point is to realize your life isn't actually bad, and that you're literally just convincing yourself that it's bad. There's decades of medical research that support this, and recognizing this is the first step in successful treatment for depression.

t. Plebian

>things in your life are literally causing you to feel bad, so just constantly force yourself to pretend it's not bad
>literally delude yourself
why even bother living sober then?

That's neat, I already wrote you off, too.

You're literally deluding yourself into thinking they are bad in the first place. "...For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so..." isn't just some shit Shakespeare wrote, it is quite literally the fundamental mechanic of human emotional response according to the most recent research-driven medical knowledge available.

You can passively delude yourself into believing you are depressed by refusing to intervene in the automatic processes of your mind, or you can actively delude yourself into not feeling so bad about it by deciding how you want to feel about a given situation instead of allowing automatic chemical releases to dictate your personality and perspective. You decide which one gives you more agency and is more meaningful.

(((research)))

depression doesn't exist and i've been diagnosed with it before

it's a meme to syphon money for meds

if you can decide if something is good or bad for you, and if if my initial reaction to a situation is that it makes me feel bad and takes a lot of effort to decide it was a good thing then you're by definition deluding yourself and becoming a masochist.

right, and schizophrenia doesnt exist either, right? just because you get misdiagnosed it and people try to sell you pills it must mean it doesnt exist

No, schizophrenia exists but depression doesn't

Did you figure out that you were just low test instead?

uh, you do realize there's symptoms in schizophrenia called negative symptoms that are extremely similar to depression, right? doesnt make any sense to think depression doesnt exist but schizophrenia does. mental illness is all just chemicals, dude.

>depression doesnt exist
That's fucking hot, friend. I'm taking that for later.

>youre by definition deluding yourself
You're erecting a mental gymnasium to stay convinced that depression can't be a choice as a knee-jerk defensive reaction, and yet you can't accept that you've unconsciously framed things in such a way as to make you depressed?

Your "initial" reaction was based purely on instinct and designed to ensure your best chances for survival. To go back to the baby example, you cried when you were hungry because, instinctually, you realized it would get you attention from your parents and likely get you fed. In the same process, "you" (your subconscious, automatic mind) has passively learned throughout your life that negative reactions to certain situations got you a more positive survival-response. Your subconscious mind creates emotional responses and feeds them to (You) (the conscious part of you, your frontal lobe), and then (You) react to those internally constructed responses.

The problem with depression is when you have passively learned to treat things with negative emotional responses that do not require a negative emotional response in order for an adequate survival outcome.

The point of therapy and "just getting over it!" (which is nothing more than a way to sum up a complex idea in an overly simplistic catchphrase) is to recognize how you can consciously interdict in those situations so that you aren't feeling negatively when it has no survival benefit for you. Not actively interdicting in those passively-learned, passively-generated responses is arguably less agency and control than "deluding" yourself into not being depressed.

'I think actual gays are disgusting but I'm going to embarrass myself defending a soundcloudee who was literally a proud gay'

He was a bi and also so what? Lmao

Me thinking whatever about his music has nothing to do whether I agree with faggots being faggots

Stop being a sensitive gay faggot

lol a baby was crying he was hungry? what a loser why didn't it just tell itself that starving to death is enjoyable? oh, you don't find anyone interesting and everything boring? uh, just tell your mind every literal second that it could be better! i'm 100% convinced that the therapy your talking about is for people that were just sad or in a bad situation and could learn to get over it. if you literally are uncomfortable and bored all the time then it's impossible to enjoy it regardless what you say.

'I separate the art from the artist'

You're reading comprehension is being affected by your knee-jerk defensive reactions.

The problem with depression is when you respond negatively to something in a situation in which you responding negatively isn't going to help you. Crying as a baby when you're hungry and as a result being fed prevents you from starving. Convincing yourself that there is nothing interesting in life leads you only deeper into depression with zero improved survival outcome.
>im 100% convinced that the therapy youre talking about doesnt apply to me because i dont want it to!
The first step to addressing the problem is admitting that it's you. Depression doesn't have to control your entire life, and getting past it isn't impossible.

>just tell your mind every literal second that it could be better
That's actually how it works lol. Validity effect notwithstanding, you convinced yourself years ago through a very similar process that your life was boring and uninteresting. There is no part of the natural human instinct that makes you feel like society isn't good enough. That is entirely a learned response.

I'm not saying this shit is easy, you really do have to work hard on it. It's pretty difficult undoing 20+ years of passive self-indoctrination. But those stupid aphorisms about "Just think positively!" aren't entirely wrong. They aren't even mostly wrong. It's even part of the training that the military gives you to resist being stuck as a POW getting routinely tortured; to stay focused on something that isn't the negative so you can make it through.

If it works for literal POW's who are literally routinely tortured, starved, beaten, and may watch their friends be killed in front of them, I can't imagine that it won't work for pretty much anyone else.

yes, thinking positive things while getting tortured would help make it more bearable, i agree. but after that they can get over it if they can manage to stop thinking about it. in other words, they didn't have depression; just a very bad situation. if you constantly feel in a low mood even if the best things happen to you, then you have depression. a lot of people think they're depressed just because their life sucks but it's really just the situation. thinking a certain way can help depression become more tolerable but it still won't make you feel good.

You obviously have never been depressed.

wew....

I am literally diagnosed with major depression, and I am telling you what I learned in therapy from actual doctors.

You guys are doing exactly what I've been talking about - convincing yourselves that things are certain way they aren't.

baah I am so sad because some girl wouldn't let me stick my schlong in her, i listen to music all day long, im neet and i jack off to anime 3 times a day, my diet is shit and i never heard about workout... how could this happen to me im depressed :((( let's meme about suicide and shit lol memes hilarious lool

idk man, i'm pretty sure it's all just our genes that decide how our chemicals react to our environment that causes our brain chemistry to have people feel a certain way and that thinking a certain way won't change our brain chemistry.

rip little pepe, such a talented young faggot, didnt even get old enough for aids to catch up to him

there is absolutely no way you are older than 18

jesus christ this is embarrassing to read and i'm not who you're replying to. just stop, man.

lmao faggots

i mean i'm diagnosed with schizophrenia and i empirically know that it's all just brain chemistry that causes how things are perceived but ok whatever

well honest question why wont you just neck yourself? you're dangerous to society and you'll end up useless

because i have money and dont feel like it's bad enough and idc about society since people are selfish and rude anyway

The automatic chemical reactions are part of it, but you can literally manipulate how your subconscious reacts and what chemicals are being produced with your conscious interdiction towards automatic responses.

It's certainly not full-proof or a 100% turn around - I still deal with depression every day of my life. The difference between pre- and post-therapy me is that I'm not literally destroying my marriage and contemplating suck-starting my rifle anymore; most days, I'm actually positive and happy instead of flattened and agitated. I actually want to go out and do things. Yea, I absolutely still have days or even periods of weeks where I'm depressed, but I know how to pull myself out of it.

>youre dangerous to society
Less than 10% of anyone with a mental disorder is violent because of it, and less than 1% of those people are criminally violent.
>youll end up useless
So will you most likely, without even the excuse of mental disorder.

i havent read any studies that show you can rewire your brain to feel like something you perceive is bad is actually good. doesnt even make any sense to me. the difference between my mood on antipsychotics is big. without it, it literally doesn't matter what i tell myself i'll just have racing thoughts that don't allow me to convince myself that it's good. but regardless, i'm glad whatever works for you is working for you.

>tfw Peep was the only soundcloud artist I actually listened to