I can't really explain it in words, but I've grown up in a Christian background...

I can't really explain it in words, but I've grown up in a Christian background, but I've been learning some things about Jewish culture lately because I've been around a couple of Jewish friends, and I find it fascinating. Why is this religion so interesting to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMcHtSjtNBY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because JewGod is reaching out to you

>I've been around a couple of Jewish friends
dont let them tempt you. do not hang around with them any longer, they want to corrupt you.

they suck baby dick. not even kidding , look it up

aren't jews told that they're supposed to dissuade you from becoming a jew since "following all the rules is so hard" or something?

>t.

MY MAZEL SCHTICK BRINGS ALL THE GOYS TO THE YARD
AND THEY'RE LIKE, IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS
DAMN RIGHT, IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS
I CAN TEACH YOU
But I have to charge.

I have one half Jewish friend who's little sister has a crush on me.

>Why is this religion so interesting to me?

Judaism is pretty neat.
Pretty much, Jews have a collective responsibility to ensure they follow the Torah. So letting outsiders become part of that responsibility is risky.

t. Daniel Day Lewis

'crush' she is pretending to convert gentile

I'm on the same boat, user. And I do know a Jewish girl, but I have to keep all my interest in the culture to myself because I don't want to look like one of those weirdos with some fetish for jewish girls(akin to weeaboos having yellow fever and looking for asian girls only). Even more so considering that there are only a few Jews here in Brazil, and nobody outside of the community cares about them.

There's something about the culture and the community that attracts me, it's hard to explain.

Used to live Ultra-Orthodox. Ask me anything you want.

Also the keyword was "used" because not present tense.

Being Israeli, most Jews in Israel are culturally Jewish, aka have shabbat dinner for the family gathering, not really the religion, and same with other holidays.

Converting to Judaism is hard. Really hard. Could take years. If you just want to participate with Jewish culture just go over to your friend's house is not's a big deal desu.

All in all, being Jewish sucks because Arabs and right wingers hate you because you're Jewish, and leftists hate you because they think you're white/oppressing Palestinians. Just look at how people are responding to you in this thread, would you want that in real life?

I say keep your jewish friends but I really wouldn't wish this upon anyone non-jewish.

Also, it's worth noting that I didn't know she was a Jew before I got to know her, and I'm not in love with her or anything, although obviously I'd casually hook up with her if the opportunity arises

How open is the Jewish community to outsiders? And how would you react if a non-Jewish showed unusual interest in the culture?

Depends on which jewish community you mean.

Ultra-Orthodox/Orthodox - really nice, will invite you in for a meal, help as much as they can, and try to be as friendly and as good as possible to non-jews.

This is not the same for jews within the Orthodox community. Many times it feels like you're being spied on. "Oh you drove on shabbat", "Why'd you turn the lights off on shabbat", "Did you listen to music during lag b'omer"?

It's insane and a huge reason why a lot of people in Israel really dislike the Ultra-Orthodox communities.

For non-orthodox communities people are just normal people. Everyone's an individual regardless of what they believe. American jews are just americans, but Israeli jews are Israeli. Friendly, welcoming, pushy, loud, obnoxious, and aggressive.

Time and commitment. You shouldn't convert to Judaism unless you're REALLY sure you want to commit. If you want to get religious the Torah says you shouldn't discriminate against people who've converted, but again it really is a case by case basis and I can't speak for everyone.

Everyone who I know who's converted has really not had an issue integrating into the Jewish community.

I'm not familiar with the details, but I'm pretty sure you might be expected to learn hebrew/basic prayers.

It's not like a college level thing where you'd study your dick off for a test for there only to be one right answer.

Most of the time Ultra-Orthodox judaism revolves around different schools of thought. If you ever decide to see what Hassidim (Ultra-Orthodox) jews do with their time I recommend visiting a Yeshiva. It's very different from college learning where everyone sits in a circle and listens to the professor.

Usually Yeshivas are just yelling based on different interpretations and meanings, with each person having their own idea on what a specific phrase, verse, or passage means.

I'd expect the same from the conversion process desu, lots of open ended discussions and interpretations. I do know that you have to ask a Rabbi 3 times (and be denied 3 times) before you're even allowed to start the conversion process.

To answer your question I don't think you can be denied for just whatever. I think you need to be denied for a specific reason.

>I'd expect the same from the conversion process desu, lots of open ended discussions and interpretations. I do know that you have to ask a Rabbi 3 times (and be denied 3 times) before you're even allowed to start the conversion process.

Does this rule apply to a person who has hanged around one for 10 years or so? How far apart in time do the ask/denieds have to be from each other? Will they change this rule to include more/less time since converts will probably know this prior to converting?

I'm not sure if denying someone 3 times like that is historically a good idea. Let's say there's a situation where a person has hanged around one for several years, enough time has passed to where their parents are dying off and the orhtodox community are the only community they're starting to only have, and the person wants to "officially" enter the tribe and convert, but they're denied for it based on this rule. In a situation like this, wouldn't that be mentally bad for potential convert and make them feel like they weren't really wanted, and possibly turn them into an anti-semite?

First - Nice trips

Second - Depends on the Rabbi. The US has a bunch of different sects between Judaism. Assuming you've been hanging around a Rabbi and talking about conversion I think the process would go pretty smoothly, Reform or Orthodox.

Reform Judaism is basically Jews who love talking about how Jewish they are and make the Jew jokes but don't put any effort into it, so Reform Rabbi's make the conversion process really simple and make it almost like a law thing (aka you basically ask him 3 times in a row before you sit down to convert). Come in, say some stuff, sign some papers, and bingo bango you're a jew.

It varies by Rabbi because the process is vague, and therefore left to be upheld by the interpreter.

I googled it cause I haven't been religious in something like 7 years and I found this.

>"Conversion to Judaism is a deeply personal act between you, your rabbinic mentor and God. It is not uncommon for a person to be part of the Jewish community for many years before deciding they are ready to take this step. There is no timetable for your spiritual journey; it is a decision only you can make."

Aka - up to you and how simple/hard you wanna make it.

Well, I guess some people are more closely aligned with being satanists than other.

I've heard some practices like learning parts of the Torah are restricted to non-jews because of their spiritual complexity. Ahead of time I want to learn the OT/torah, but will this invalidate the conversion process?

Doubt it honestly, and any Rabbi that denies you for that shouldn't be considered as part of a community that you want to be apart of anyways.

Remember, you can always be involved culturally and welcomed without being jewish.

When I was religious if I ate meat I would have to wait 6 hours before eating any dairy product, and 3 hours if I ate meat before milk.

This wasn't written in the Torah 3 hours and hours it was an interpretation.

In my experience it's best to look more into Jewish philosophy.

This is an example of what made me love being jewish, and the kind of Rabbi's you should strive to associate with.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMcHtSjtNBY

it's literally christianity minus jesus. jesus had his head screwed on better if you read the old testament + new testament imho

>Why is this religion so interesting to me?
Because you're a self-hating cuck no different from the leftists that convert to budhism or islam

>leftists
>converting to islam

They're good people

You feel an affinity.
Who knows why.

you are trans jewish

you have a jewish brain born into a goyim body

I kinda want to become a jew just to make jewish jokes funnier.

Also Catholics and Jews believe in essentially the same god right?

Os she from the jew army by any chance?

I love Havana Nagila remixes

In the sense both are based on the covenant between God and Abraham, though the central dogma of Catholicism is Idolatry.

It was the first part of your Christian background which you were apparently not interested enough to realize. I find this fascinating.

even claiming that it's the same God, becoming jewish would mean spitting in his face. Jews are not saved
kys

>Jews have a collective responsibility to ensure they follow the Torah.
Yes Christians don't have a responsibility to follow the first part of their bible. Ten commandments = very risky.

>ten
>Professes Idolatry
>kys