youtube.com/watch?v=1dlJ9RKKbps
youtube.com/watch?v=uUsnsReD_8k
youtube.com/watch?v=jnqLJXDXz_w
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5R0ulokHE
5years.com/start.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'd have to say david bowie.

only a guess though.

I'm just going through entire discography of his after being blown away by Low.

This is little different.

Dude it's 67 what did you expect?

The Laughing Gnome is my "feel good" song, Bowie's laugh makes everybody's day better, hopefully it's on your version, otherwise it should be in Deram Anthology. On the other hand There's Is A Happy Land makes me sad as fuck, "being nostalgic for childhood the song", his saddest right after Everyone Says "Hi". Then there's Love You Till Tuesday which is just cheeky fun and somehow evokes vintage comedy tv shows. Finally Join the Gang is just dangerous.

Truly after Low this must be shocking, and that makes it fun and shows off Bowie's quality of diversifying himself.

After this one you MUST take on Space Oddity(which you will if you go chronologically), and be prepared for another shock, not so much in music, but in personality.

Well...

It only gets better from there

Anthony Newley or whoever else he was ripping off at that time

The Laughing Gnome was my childhood. I don't know why it gets shat on. It's just a fun little song

Low was the beginning of a new phase for Bowie it's a switch from his prior albums

Station to Station is kinda close too though

Okay not sure if anybody cares, but, I am right now at Space Oddity album
The title track is a classic at this point, for a good reason. But I think rest of the album is pretty strong so far, I am at Letter to Hermione right now, nevermind, we are on epic Cygnet Comitee now. I really like this track.
So I heard, I was drawn to Low as first since it has been the one most recommended one, so far I only listened to he classics in full "Ziggy/Low"

I have been missing out a lot. Ther is so much Bowie records to go over. This is gonna be a long night.

A piece of art

Save this one for last

Another note; I expected Bowie's voice to sound much younger form his newer albums.

His voice is very consistant throughout the albums, holy shit.

Cygnet Comitee was amazing. I don't think other tracks from this album can get on top of it, Janine's nice enough though.
I believe you user, I am stoked.

If you knew Bowie only for songs from Ziggy era and then listened to Laughing Gnome you'd probably understand.

Bowie changes his voice song from song, be it through being great voice manipulator or through technology like in Warszaw all six singing voices were his. His singing peak is Let's Dance, his voice in it is synonymous with sex appeal. When I heard Cat People for first time I became aroused.

He should go chronologically, it doesn't make sense to save Berlin Bowie for last, Blackstar and The Next Day are his last two albums for a reason.

INB4 SUNMACHINE IS COMING DOWN

"Station to Station" to "Let's Dance" should be listened to chronologically, really a great experience, as should Outside to Heathen, skipping Hours.

Early work can be listened to any way you want.

Are you sure? It might have to do something with switching from glam to other types of rock but there's a definite difference in his voice pre and post berlin

I never understand why Bowie was so popular. Is he the Beyoncé from Rock or something?

I agree with you on the Let's Dance part. his voice is incredibly sultry in that one. Loved Without You.

>He should go chronologically
definitely, shows you the best part about Bowie

His voice on Low sounds like the album of the OP

Wrong album

Incredibly energetic with a taste for experimentation and a great range.

The fact that he had great albums every decade for 4 decades should tell you something.

His music sounds good.

why would you skip Black Tie White Noise, The Buddha of Suburbia and 'Hours...'?

>why would you skip a shit album, an incredibly shit album with 2 or 3 good tracks, and a meh soundtrack

He gets better the more you listen to him.

have you tried listening to him?

>skipping Hours
because Sup Forums told you to right?

I love 'Hours...' even though many consider it to be the worst Bowie album. The only problem that I have with it is the production style. Other than that, the songs have always been my favourite, the B sides has a lot of interesting songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=yr9KvJFH6Yk
here have this Iggy interview
youtube.com/watch?v=jWjLU29Ys6s

Sorry guys, OP back here, I just now got to the final track of Space Oddity, life kept me busy and I had to take a pause, I am at the final track.

Just from the beginning of this track, I can tell he saved the best track for the last.

Memory of a Free Festival...yeah I like that one.
youtube.com/watch?v=7QkIC17__rk

Well then, Space Oddity was better than I expected, the album seems to be often looked down upon, it tends to get pretty low rankings on Sup Forums from what I've seen.

The Man Who Sold The World's next.

Opening track kicks-ass.
The line
>Then I ran across a monster who was sleeping by a tree
>And I looked and frowned and the monster was me

That guitar's amazing. I can see maturity in here right away. The song, is pretty much saying the hippie piriod's over.

>it tends to get pretty low rankings on Sup Forums from what I've seen.
dont take replies on rankings of Bowie's albums seriously.

When you're done with this and Hunky Dory listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=n49ma1fdiQc
youtube.com/watch?v=peTaHpOlZjo
youtube.com/watch?v=9y4HWS6iB3k

>I can see maturity in here right away.
I would disagree, but yeah compared to the earlier album it is.

I will totally listen to the interview, always loved hearing the artist himself, Bowie has so much interviews that it is hard to find the meaningful ones, thank you for giving me those.

All The Madmen's amazing. That bridge left a great impression. I'm actually loving this, holy shit this is so good.

Zane zane zane ouvre le Chien...
probably my favourite track from this one. Visconti did a really good job on this album. Mick Ronson work shouldn't be left unappreciated too. Funnily enough, it was Bowie in '76 who said that this period for him was the most drug addled fucked up one.

>“ More lucidly, David once explained that “With The Man Who Sold the World I wanted to work in some kind of strange micro-world where the human element had been taken out, where we were dealing with a technological society. That world [was] an experimental playground where you could do dangerous things without anybody taking too many risks, other than ideas risks.” On another occasion he described the album’s content as “very telling for me – it was all family problems and analogies, put into science-fiction form.”

I'm noticing that the pacing of The Man Who Sold The World is amazing, All The Madmen was so far heaviest song on the album, which was followed by little lighter but faster Black Country Rock.

Now I'm in After All. Which is much moodier, quieter song than the rest.

Running Gun Blues has some of the most violent lyricism so far I'Vve heard from Bowie and changes up the pace completelly. Much darker.

> Funnily enough, it was Bowie in '76 who said that this period for him was the most drug addled fucked up one.
I guess this explains a lot, at least he actually remembered recording this album..

Finished The Man Who Sold The World, that was amazing. I'll be listening to this for a long ass time.

I thought I'd overdone it on the Man Who Sold the World and couldn't bring myself to listen again, but now I want to hear it again as soon as possible.

No because it's a shit album you cunt.

Thursday's Child and Something in the Air are honorary exclusions

you're fast. are you listening to the Rykodisc ones?
youtube.com/watch?v=1dlJ9RKKbps
youtube.com/watch?v=uUsnsReD_8k
youtube.com/watch?v=jnqLJXDXz_w
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5R0ulokHE

This is one of my top Bowie albums, enjoy.

I only know Love You Till Tuesday, and I like it.

Unfortunately it seems that these weren't in the versions I've been listening to, I am alreadly listening to Hunky Dory, I always knew this was very different from The Man Who Sold The World, sems much quirkier, up-beat. Definetelly has melancholy, especially in its big well known single (Life On Mars).

Stuff like Kooks or Fill Your Heart really makes me smile very interesting change of pace, which is something I probably should expect from Bowie. Seems to be much more positively focused.

I can precisely see how The Man Who Sold The World and Hunky Dory created Ziggy Stardust. I hear notes from these two albums in that album, it is pretty fun and interesting seeing artist grow as you explore their discography choronogically.

All right what is Bowie doing with his voice in Rosalyn in Pin-Ups. I like it.

(I know this is a cover album)

oH SHIT fuck, my player somehow screwed up the discography on this one, Ziggy Stardust's supposed to be next.

I heard this one a lot alreadly, but now I may have changed outlook on it after hearing what came before.

kek, I expected an Aladdin Sane update.
PinUps, for me doesn't really work. The only thing that I like about it is that it makes me like Bowie's voice more. The songs are great, but the mixing, in fact the whole album still feels like a rushed one, even with Garson and Ronson playing in it.
>“The sleeve and marketing of Pin Ups initiated a brief phase in which David was referred to simply as “Bowie”. “Pin Ups means favourites, and these are Bowie’s favourite songs. It’s the kind of music your parents will never let you play loud enough!” ran the American advertising campaign. Despite its huge UK success, critical response was lukewarm: Sounds declared that David “used R&B as a prop, not a springboard”. In America Billboard was more accommodating, commenting that “There’s humor in this music if you want to take it as a look back in musical time.”

There's a great site for the Ziggy album, it's a really good read.
5years.com/start.htm