Will vidyashit replace capeshit?

Will vidyashit replace capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGnVhqhmip8
youtube.com/watch?v=5tWh4Z42SJk&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tWh4Z42SJk&has_verified=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If Assassin's Creed makes a huge success, then yeah, new wave incoming. Until Uncharted massively flops in the next summer, and then, bye for ten years again.

They're the same thing matey.

They got a commercial director to direct it.

Reminder that there is still a Minecraft movie coming out

only when Disney get on it.

>Will vidyashit replace capeshit?

This is just the beginning.

I can hear parents snoring in their seats already

>mfw I remember my dad taking me and my bro to the Pokemon movie, he was out in about 5 minutes.

Reminder that JJ Abrams is supposedly working on a Portal and Half Life adaptation

Why the fuck do they think this is a good idea? MK hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

it's not quite as popular as it was in the 90's but MK is still relevant today. the games still sell well and the most recent game (MK X) is played competitively in fighting game tournaments. ed boon (one of the two guys that created MK) even has his own studio that makes the MK games along with at least one other game (Injustice) that I know of, NeatherRealm Studios.

Probably not. Video game movies are still holding true to being utter shit. Most of them anyways. And I don't know of many (are there any) that are massive blockbusters.

What vidya have potential for greatness? A Grand Theft Auto anthology series where every movie has different protagonists and a different setting?

Grand Theft Auto already has a series of movies out, as in "all the gangster movies GTA ripped off."

How the fuck can you reboot Mortal Kombat? That's like doing a reboot of the Bible. Some things cannot be remade.

> That's like doing a reboot of the Bible.
They did do that, it was called the New Testament.

>the reboot will use Mortal Kombat X as its source material

how do christians defend having two different bibles ? just curious, not ahteist

No idea. I've never read either.

Just know there is an old testament (God hates fags, slaves are good to have, women should be treated like shit).

And a New Testament where god is a bit nicer.. still hates fags though.

Isn't MKX basically MK1, 2 and ,3 (ie the only good Mortal Kombats) condensed?
I mean yeah there's the time travel thing, which isn't that important other than as a reason to do a soft reboot.

Well basically New Testament is like a sequel set a couple hundred years after the original story that's about a Mary Sue protagonist who has all the powers and is God's son but also totally a human who has to suffer, and then he's super cool and has all these cool friends, and he could BTFO rabbis as a kid because he's so smart, and then he was totally poor and had to overcome adversity but when he was a baby he got gold and shit from kings and wisemen so he was totally rich and dressed like a dapper motherfucker and then he was smarter than Satan and you get the idea.
Wouldn't God be even more of an asshole in the New Testament for inventing Hell?

It's one Bible, its just the Old Testament (testament meaning a covenant between God and man), mostly irrelevant Jewish stuff that Christians kept to link their religion to a more established one and give it credence. Romans and Greeks respected ancient knowledge and weren't that into new ideas when it came to religion and philosophy.

The New Testament is basically the 4 narratives of Jesus's life, and relevant letters about the early Church.

Unlike the Quran which is more or less a single book, the Jewish and Christian Bibles are a collect of books deemed canon. The Christian Bible's canon didn't get set until like the 6th century, and even among Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants the number of canon books vary. The Jewish bible didn't get its canon until the medieval period and that's only for European Jews. Basically the Jews have always had a number of different scriptures and books some which everyone agreed was canon and others that only certain Jewish communities understood to be canon.

Nah. You would exhaust all of the adaptable vidyashit way before capeshit dies

you're kidding, right

Why cant Hollywood have original ideas and movies anymore? Is there no creative talent/lack of talent in the industry anymore?
>inb4 Muh cultural motive
its always been about money,

As blockbusters continue to plunge in quality & vidya grows in aesthetics & storytelling... yeah, I can see this happening. Specially when the VR becomes more & more accessible.

no, that's MK9
MKX is mostly a retelling of MK4

Bioshock for Rapture Civil War movie and a mini series of the aftermath.

Hopefully, I'd rather get vidyashit than capeshit.
Both suck but at least vidyashit has some variety.

oh, fuck that noise.

The New Testament is just upjumped fan-fiction?

No
What will happen is that we only get animeliveactionshit, videoGAYmeshit, and capeshit from here on out

Ed Boon is a hack and mortal kombat was never good

But there is nothing unique about GTA. It would just be crime movie with GTA as the title to draw in teenagers. They also couldn't with their juvenile societal "commentary and satire" either.

jesus, i actually found source

HAVN'T YOU SHAT ON ENOUGH SACRED SCIFI FRANCHISES YET JJ?

Who would you cast to play based Cage?

Tom Cruise

Unironically Chris Pratt

John Cena because fuck it.

That means jackshit, the brand hasn't nearly the strenght to support a movie. Fucking World of Warcraft bombed.

>Fucking World of Warcraft bombed.
Because the movie sucked ass.
Mortal Kombat can be a legit good martial arts movie like the 1995 one

Scot Adkins. dude is a legit martial artists.

also Catherine Wynnick as Sonya.
Lee Byun Hun as Liu Kang.

>Fucking World of Warcraft bombed.

Mike Mizanin

TEST YOUR MIGHT

I'm so ready for this

Yeah word of mouth hurted it, but objectively it didn't do as well as something that was THAT big few years ago should have.

Didn't it?

It made profit due to China.

Fucking chinks forgot about it.
Well it was saves by them, but my point still more or less remains.
Assassin's Creed is the onlybone I can 100% see making profits.

Diablo

Mass Effect. I think that would be a successful franchise especially if they went with the Renegade Shepard who slowly develops into a Paragon Shepard, but one who still makes decisions based on the greater good.

>Warcraft grossed $47.2 million in North America and $386.3 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $433.5 million. Given its $160 million budget, The Hollywood Reporter reported the film needed to earn at least $450 million to break-even.
And it only made that much because of Chink involvement though Legendary a Chinese owned studio who because insured Warcraft the largest release of any foreign movie in China.

Still it was objectively a failure. Even if a billion soulless Chinks saw it.

>That fucking filename

there isn't a World of Warcraft film.

just a Warcraft one

New Vegas mini-series would be cool if we got a protagonist of few/no words and shit like Deathclaws and Cazadors was left to a minimum
That or go full campy fun with it

This could be good if they make it like a legit martial arts film, except with demons and magic and shit. But knowing Hollywood, it'll be a PG 13 quipfest with shaky cam and a billion cuts every fight scene. Also, the director is some guy who directs commercials, I'm completely unhyped until I see a teaser or something.

Fucking KotOR

Because you barely watch them.

Nah, video games don't have the organization. Marvel has. One day it might replace capeshit. But we've got another 5-8 years of capeshit bubble to live through...

It should be a mix of MK's youtube series Legacy and what Rebirth was going to be.
>youtube.com/watch?v=XGnVhqhmip8
Best Legacy episode
>youtube.com/watch?v=5tWh4Z42SJk&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tWh4Z42SJk&has_verified=1

Boon is too much of a fag to let that happen.

kek, my dad tapped out of even high brow kiddy lore (prisoner of azkaban).

"that movie just kept going and going..."

Video games will never be art or good movies because they are already just fucking movie references with gameplay

based dads

Would a MK X movie include Leatherface, Jason, Freddy, Batman and whoever else is in there as characters?

Hell no, would be a copyright nightmare.

>he never played Planescape: Torment

>moving pictures are cheap tricks to entertain the masses and will never become an art form
>digital news will never replace printed media
>nothing new will ever catch on, the old ways are better

Raiden is kino

If I wanted to read a novel, I'd read a novel.

Extremely unlikely.

Video games don't have stories that easily lends themselves to movies. The very nature of video games are supposed to emphasize gameplay, not narrative. Only really shitty artsy games that want to be movies prioritize narrative and those stories are still a joke.

Say what you will about capeshit, but for outlandish it is, they are actual stories that happen to have art and are more or less already storyboards. There are genuinely good stories for dozens of characters that are ripe for film adaptations too. Batman alone probably has at least 100 comic arcs that would make for great films.

It's a shame about that illiteracy you suffer from though.

Not at all. PT is a great example of how ''''''games''''' can be art, but it's so close to not being a game that it's pointless.

>Why do you want to watch a film when you can have abstract shadow puppet theatre production???? FUCKING ILLITERATE!!!!

So, just like that, I don't want to read a novel when I want to be playing a game.

Also, Mary Sue antags suck.

Why does it need 450 to break even when it cost 160

I'd like to see what a Doom movie looks like.

user...

Almost certainly, as soon as the Marvel leads' contracts run out, I can see this being the next big thing. They need something else to leech off, there are only so many older movies to remake and comic book heroes to adapt.

The only reason is it had a £290m marketing budget.

It's just terrible enough to work

Lol that would be based