How the fuck can you say that Dexter was a good show?

How the fuck can you say that Dexter was a good show?

It was pure shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway
twitter.com/AnonBabble

some people enjoy things

It's edgy and has a charismatic protagonist

up until today this holds the record for the purest trainwreck you can imagine.

i regret it so hard i wasted time on it.

Come now, S1, 2 and 4 were pretty good.

I dont get it?

he wasn't even trying to hide

S4>S1>S3>S2 >>> S5, dropped.

Lilah, Miguel Prado and especially Lumen were stupid, inconsistent characters.

Started out entertaining then spiraled into such a mess. Happened with the books too though for different reasons.

>hur dur I don't feel anything
>two episodes later
>ohh it's good to get a BJ
>WTF I LOVE RITA NOW

>Start reading the books back in the day because I enjoyed the first season
>First one is okay, nothing special
>Then suddenly
>Goddamn ancient Gods is Dexter's dark passenger or whatever
>Robo-Doakes is fucking real
>Dexter travelling abroad and being absolute shit at playing spy with Deb's bf
>Writing is just generally shit
I gave up around the fourth one.

it was an ok show. it started ok, got so bad its good then got just bad but still a fun memory. it was a concept that had not been done before on screen

kino

tried Dexter Is Delicious, it was crap
>what do you mean character sometimes say things they don't mean or are wrong about

I was 13 when I started watching and the first 2 seasons were genuinely suspenseful. I couldn't know then that he'd never get found out and that it would end with him dumping his sister in the sea and going off to chop down trees.

What is hiding in plain sight?

it was fun to watch for a couple of seasons but then it just turns into shit.

basically gets worse the longer it goes on with the exception of season 3 -> season 4, atleast the acting of john lithgow makes it pretty good to watch.

Season 4 was easily one of the best seasons I have ever seen.

Seasons 1-3 were good and enjoyable.

Seasons 5+ just avoid and watch something else.

>seasons 1 & 2

Honestly pretty great

>Season 3

Step down from the others, but still decent & watchable

>Season 4

Still not quite as good as S1 & 2, bu has a memorable villain

>Season 5

Kinda getting old now, would've been fine if they'd ended it with Debra catching Dexter, but they leave it another season.

>season 6

Filler season. Kinda entertaining at a base level, but literally nothing of note happens for the characters.

>Season 7

Starts off ok, quickly fucks itself up with the Dexter-Debra romance and all the bad guy being sad about his gay lover or something?

>Season 8

Utter garbage

>Overall

It is a good show if you stop watching after season 4 and fill in the cliffhanger yourself

kino

Dexter is most realistic superhero
Breaking Bad is about most realistic supervillain.

Oh yeah, because killing so many people without getting caught or killed is super realistic

Google Chickatilo.

And when you're done with that google the most prolific serial killers and see that the one that killed a couple hundred kids in third world land got released from prison after a few years and his whereabouts are unknown. Second most is out there too. Those are jusy ones we know of.

The first few seasons were a pretty decent cop drama mixed in with a suspenseful thriller about a serial killer.
The acting was always hammy but it went soap opera tier from season 5 onwards.

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK*

>because killing so many people without getting caught or killed is super realistic

Have you ever read about real life serial killers or are you talking out of your ass?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway

It starts out pretty good.

I'd say it starts turning to shit whenever Dexter starts feeling emotions and falling in love with Rita.

That's when Dexter starts fucking up and the writers botch everything up.

It was pretty good for the first four or five seasons. It a had a quirky sort of charm to it, I think. It was best when Dexter was an actual psychopath and not a family man/autist who just happened to like killing people

>It was best when Dexter was an actual psychopath and not a family man/autist who just happened to like killing people

it had lines like

Ill put you on a boat to cuba
and it isn't cheating if you don't have a good time