Animal Collective = modern day Beatles?

>Panda Bear and Avey Tare = John Lennon and Paul McCartney (butt buddies who want all the fame and glory)
>Deakin = George Harrison (easily the most talented member of the band who does not get nearly as much credit as he deserves)
>Geologist = Ringo Starr (pretty good but mostly just there for the ride)

is this an apt comparison?

>thinking a band being like the Beatles is more about comparing them contextually rather than the music itself
Ween is the closest band to the Beatles because of HOW FUCKING GOOD THEIR MUSIC IS. Not because HURRDURR MY FAVORITE MEMBER IS UNDERRATED. Idiot.

For some reason I always compared Deakin to Ringo, but Deakin has an actual good solo album

sleep cycle is easily in the top 5 of all their stuff. it's fucking amazing

Does anybody like Anco on Sup Forums anymore?
I always see them get shit on

Ween is up there in terms of Beatles comparisons, now that I think of it. Musically interesting thanks to a fantastic ear and just playing a shitton, as well as working off harmonically and melodically interesting stuff as well, and bringing influences from just about everywhere. Other examples are probably Radiohead and Nirvana.

To be fair, Nirvana is probably the closest.

>comparing some shitty band to the 4 horsemen of rock

Deakin used to be Ringo but he btfo Geo with his album

>AnCo could have broken up after MPP and established themselves as the modern day Beatles who ended their 8 album streak of back to back classics with an Abbey Road-esque pop masterpiece
>instead they put out Centipede Hurts and Painting Shit
>the only good post-MPP AnCo project is Sleep Cycle

Why does everything have to be the next beatles

Quality thread

THE

Their last tour was fucking phenomenal tho. It's actually crazy how much better their PW material is live than it is on the record

AnCo are too independently creative for them to be compared to the Beatles.

Totally agree. I went to see them in 2016 and earlier this year and it was a blast!

The Beatles were good and AnCo are bad so no

>Panda Bear and Avey Tare = John Lennon and Paul McCartney (butt buddies who want all the fame and glory)
>Deakin = George Harrison (easily the most talented member of the band who does not get nearly as much credit as he deserves)

is this an apt comparison?

>he doesn't like Centipede Hz
die

Teenage Fanclub were (I guess are) the most analogous band.

Norman - writes slightly caustic Lennon-esque songs interspersed with beautiful love songs, plays rhythm guitar, in their younger days was more obviously the leader.

Gerry - bass player, exclusively writes melodic love songs that are occasionally overly twee.

Raymond - lead guitar. Earlier output is noteworthy for being a bit "awkward sounding" much like Harrison's early stuff. On the other hand, when he hits the target, its some of their greatest stuff despite there being less of it overall.

They gave a great NME interview once where they said "We're just like the Beatles, three of us writes songs and one of us is crap. We're just not sure which one".

I fucking love Teenage Fanclub, Grand Prix and SFNB are 10/10

*click click spark tsccccchhhhh*
*Pffffffffff*
*HOLDS BREATH*
*PASSES BOWL*
*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH WHEEZE UHHHHHH HEHEHE WHEEZE COUGH*
*STARTS CHOOKING ON OWN SPIT*
*CATCHES BREATH*
"YEAH UH MARY WEATHER POST PAVILION IS BASICALLY ANCOS SEARGANT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS BAND"