Do you have this in your country and thoughts?

>As a bicycle rider myself, I always give them ample space by diverging right by 1.5 m as required by NZ law when I pass. I do not begrudge them or wish ill fate to bicyle riders.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1AbLu5EZLk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciclovía
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/sep/22/bicycle-helmets-reduce-risk-of-serious-head-injury-by-nearly-70-study-finds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sweden has a huge bike path network.
It's not always that great in the cities (lot's of people walking on them) but for the most part it's pretty good. Not many of our paths are on the road though, they are mostly on the curb next to the sidewalk.
I ride 23 km to work everyday on my bike, no problems.

I live in a mountainous city, be a bicycle rider here is a completely shit. But most coastal cities have it.

1. Yes we do have it
2. I like it. A bicycle is a much more effective vehicle than cars in the city.
I cycle over 200 km each month to and from work and without the bikepaths it would be much harder.
>pic related, how they look in my city

Yes, but a little.

Most of towns were made in old days and population density is high.
So road is no wide in such a town. It's difficult to make a bicycle lane in old roads.
Most of the lanes are in a country side or new developed area.

bikes are usually for children and people who will never get a girl

No.
It is dangerous for your life to ride a bycicle over here.
Our riders are very rude and don't care for others safety.
If you ride a bycicle you must be fully prepared that you may end up with trauma every day.

'kek is the best city

No such thing here. Our urban "planning" is solely dedicated to cars if there is any at all.

I hate bicycles. Cycling looks dumb. I also hate cyclist. They have no traffic culture.

You even have an emergency lane for cyclists.

That's sad. Here everyone rides. Men, women, children and old people. I met my wife on the commuter path to work.
>pic related, everyone rides

Not having a big ass car is considered faggy here, riding a bike is considered being a super sissy fagit. I hate this country.

i write for us Greeks

she will leave you
you are not a man

Everyone hates them.

I take my bike to bike trails outside my city.

>You even have an emergency lane for cyclists.
Of course. The bike paths are just as important as the roads for cars here.
Hundreds of thousands of people cycle to work etc everyday in Stockholm, a proper path is needed. The emergency lane is great if you get a flat tire or something else that require you to stop. It keeps the rest of the path clear and you don't have to block the sidewalk with your bike.

I wish more people would ride them, same with trains. We're too small for cars

stop stealing our culture
thanks

Sidewalks are safe to ride. I'm not sure if it's against the law to ride bicycle on sidewalks but it's Russia hence nobody follows the rules.

>Do you have this in your country
Yes and it's very good
sometimes it's literally the only way of getting somewhere, this winter my entire city was shut down because of snow. Cars got stuck and trams and buses stopped going.
But bikes worked just fine.

We have these bike "lanes" in New York. Sometimes they're "protected" lanes, which just means that a row of parked cars seperates the bike lane from traffic. People still get brained pretty frequently here because bikers seem to think that the rules of the road do not apply to them or just flat out ignore the markings. Some hipster got squashed by a box truck in Brooklyn a few months ago because he thought he could overtake the truck on its right side while it was making a turn.

>all these helmets
holy shit why is your entire country such a bunch of pussies. if you wear a helmet here everyone will think you are american tourist

>not protecting your head
I don't see anything bad about wearing a helmet.
I don't drive my car without a seat belt. Why would I ride without a helmet ? When you are going 35km/h down a hill falling isn't fun.
Most lethal injuries on bicycles are from head trauma.

Helmets are pretty essential when biking during winter. But I guess you have no snow.

Yeah we do. Sometimes they're merged with bus lanes.
In my city cyclist don't pose that much of a problem, but I heard in Paris they're scum, but that's just because they're Parisians.
Fucking hell. There are no reason to even be in the middle of the road. If only 10% of cyclists are like that in the US, no wonder you guys hate them so much

Yes, but i don't think its neccessary
Only old fucks that dont have situational awaraness need a dedicated bike lane
ive been biking for 8 years and i never went "oh i wish i had a bike lane on that street"

>biking during winter.
i hate those retards most

Literally never see anyone wearing helmets here besides tourists, i dont know anyone who ever hurt their head either
yeah you're right Netherlands i s known for its Mediterranean climate. of course we have snow still no one wears helmets.every high schooler (age 12-16) bikes to school regardless of weather if then can manage so can you.

We have bike lanes here yes.
My work even offer a yearly bonus to everyone who cycles to work instead of driving.
To the others, helmets is not required and the usage differs from city to city. In Stockholm it's like 75% using a helmet. Here in Norrköping it's less then 10%. I never do.
But our bike lanes are great even in winter with the salt sweeper machine that clears all paths.

Only in some cities but most of the time its jacked by motorcyclefags or worse bike gangs.

We have a few but they're incredibly sporadic and often a street will have a bike lane, turn the corner or hit a stoplight and it'll just disappear pushing you into the street.
Australia has a huge car culture though and so anyone with a car thinks they own the road completely disregarding the fact that more cyclists means less traffic for them.
In the end more lanes need to be built and clearer laws put in place because at the moment it's almost up to interpretation.
It also makes no sense considering we have nothing but room here and so can quite easily expand roads to include bike paths.. instead some areas have just painted bikes onto what were once sidewalks, so now cyclists share the way with people walking which is just as stupid.
Also illegal to not wear a helmet which is lame as fuck especially since I got used to riding every day in Netherlands and not being an idiot.

Yes, in some parts

In some places, yes. I like them because they're usually NOT ON THE FUCKING ROAD and bicyclists who go on the road deserve to be hit, especially those jackasses who think it's super cool to ride at 15mph in a 35mph zone abreast rather than in a row.

Wearing a helmet

Stop being so insecure about your self you cuck.
No one gives a shit if you wear a helmet or not here.

No, we just cycle on the roads.

sadly no, and the few ones we have are hijacked by motorists or parked cars

nuke this fucking shithole my god

Hahahahahahahaha no
youtube.com/watch?v=e1AbLu5EZLk

Some places yes

>bike lanes cause vertigo
Quintessentially American

Our tiny little cunt is literally filled with it.

what the hell, those old ladies are insane.

Why didn't they hold a referendum to see how many people in that area support bike lanes?

>white guy cycling in Singapore
is it that common? I mean a white Singaporean

not if they keep getting hit by cars

err some places have bicycle path markings
most people just ride their bikes on any sidewalk even tho it's not allowed but no one has been punished for it yet
doesn't help that most bicycle paths are marked on sidewalks
but I guess I can understand it because most roads in towns are too narrow and even worse a lot of them have cars parking on the sides

albanian with inferiority complex

Cycling on most sidewalks instead of the road is illegal but most people know that drivers here don't respect cyclists one bit.

If you want you could travel the entire country by bike because there are so many bicycle paths here.

Did you finish this Eurovelo route from Ystad to Nordkapp already?

German tourist*

Oh wow I never realised how cool everyone in the Netherlands is. I bet they all wear leather jackets and listen to loud rock and roll music even when their mummies tell them to be quiet.

Very few of them.
I guess mostly because rinding a bike isn't that practical when it's winter 9 months out of 12.

It's illegal for them to ride on sidewalks here which would make sense if they had somewhere else to ride other than in the middle of the fucking road

Nobody wears helmets in your country because your country is filled with bike lanes you stupid underage fucking retard

We have more and more now in Miami. The cylists here are fucking crazy, they blow red lights and then complain about getting hit by a car. Even when they ride in a bike lane that attaches to the motorway, they will overtake another cylist by going out into the street - often not looking.

kek, in my country the cars behind the bike would go in the opposite lane to pass the bike, and the biker would have to take care if his own safety, not others. Also the whole area would be filled with loud honking sounds.

Pink = bicycle path btw

>It's not always that great in the cities (lot's of people walking on them)
Just hit them senpai. This is the single best lesson you can give these faggots who walk on bike paths cluelessly.
Some bruises, some scratches and a policeman giving them the ticket lasts for a lifetime.

t. /n/igger

Not wearing the helmet is proven to be safer on roads (helmets on bikelanes are pretty much stupid).

It's all about how car drivers move around you. Reverse psychology in action, car driver sees you without a helmet, he'll give himself bigger safety margin between the vehicle and your bike when overtaking.
And we're talking about actual studies not some anecdotal evidence.

In a crash you're fucked either way, so spare yourself the annoying rustling sound from the helmet.

Some places have this, which is good. Otherwise cycling is popular in melbourne and people are slowly warming up to it even if it's still a majority car city.

Also we have that dumb as fuck helmet law which doesn't entice people to ride bikes to work/the station.

I bet he was a tourist

>In a crash you're fucked either way
No. I crashed last year when my front wheel slipped on some ice. Went head first into the ground.
My helmet cracked in half and absorbed the impact instead of my skull...
Still had a bad bump on my head and a concussion but without a helmet my brains would have been on the ground...

>Still had a bad bump on my head and a concussion but without a helmet my brains would have been on the ground...
not really, roughly the same result, I had my shit flipped upside down numerous time and once hit the tarmac with my occiput. Just a concussion and broken glasses, nothing else.

Sure but they usually don't look as good as this one

>same result
Dude I work in a hospital.
9/10 head injuries we get is from bicycle crashes.
I don't know what kind of magic land you live in but when a human head hits the tarmac doing 25-30km/h with between 60-100 kg behind it the result is almost always the same. Bleeding of the brain and fractured skull. Something my uncle still suffers from after a crash in his childhood.

>Do you have this in your country
Yes. We invented it. They're all over the place in major cities. We even go as far as closing some main roads every sunday so people can go out and walk, skate, ride their bikes, etc...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciclovía

I want every single fucking cyclist to die in a fucking fire. I was this close to putting thumb tacks in the bike lanes in my city because they've been adding more of them and making traffic fuckinf unbearable. Every cyclist is a hippy and a faggot, no wonder you godless Euro trash like them so much.

try to beat our amount of bike lanes faggots

wtf then there is something with your geography or you are just mongoloids. we are bike country #1 and ive literally never heard anyone getting head trauma(unless they were hit by a car and would be fucked anyway)

>implying that bikes aren't faster than cars
>implying that only hipsters use bikes
>implying that cars are cheaper to use

I remember watching the same thing happen to a hippy here in LA, beat up Toyota was making a turn while the cyclist gunned it across the street. Incredibly, only his bike got trashed, the truck crushed his bake tire and missed the guy completely. Stupid fuck didnt bother asking the trucker for insurance, he knewhe was being a dipshit and carried his shitty smashed bicycle away.

Kek lazy fat burger is mad.

>Dude I work in a hospital.
And I"m a paramedic lol. 9/10 of head trauma is drunk people being drunk. In the last 3 years I had 10 bike accident tops, and that's still people being hit by car most of the time
I regularly do 100km trips to the countryside (chopping wood for grandma and general around-the-house stuff she can't do anymore) and I've yet to wear a helmet once.

I thought swedes are sane drivers.

Which city?

On paper I'm all for people riding bicycles but they all behave like cunts who think they own the road. I'm still safe around them of course because I'm not just going to hurt somebody but I'm pretty resentful of them.

We have cycle lanes along many roads in dublin. But they could do with widening them.

>I thought swedes are sane drivers.
In cars yes. On bikes, meh we have some idiots.
If you ask me it should be law on winter tires for bikes just like we have with cars.
Ice and snow is guilty of probably 80% of all bike accidents. The rest is drunk people on bikes (legal to ride a bicycle drunk here).
I have fallen my self and broken my collarbone. Always have studded tires now.

How was the rape? (assuming you're a kebab)

why do retards in your country cycle fast or not careful enough when the roads are slippery?

LA, I'd be fine if cycling was implemented correctly, but they literally have taken away an entire lane of traffic on two lane roads. No one ever even uses them anyways because the city is far too spread out and the bike lanes are often extremely detatched and disjointed and fucking dangerous.
I remember trying to bike once, this woman tried passing me on my left in a fucking narrow bike lane, then cut in front of me driving me into a parked car.

tl;dr Our infrastructure is trash and unsuited for bike lanes, and the cyclists themselves are fucking awful.

Oh, I assumed the green meant a location of a mosque because your cuntry is fucked lmao

Unfortunately yes

>being this insecure that you change the topic

They take out an entire lane of car traffic to put in a fucking unecessarily huge bike lane. It's just made traffic worse and literally no one uses it.

>If you ask me it should be law on winter tires for bikes just like we have with cars.
>(legal to ride a bicycle drunk here).
I'd start by taking care of drunk people instead. Creating bike legislation just ends up increasing the point of entry to for bike commuting, just like making helmets obligatory. The result is not less accidents but less people riding bikes which in turn decreases the amount of accidents.

Here in Poland the only bike legislation we have is if you want to ride with regular traffic (outside of dedicated bike paths) you need to have a an active front light (as in generating light), active rear light and a passive rear reflector. And it's fucking great, my city recently installed public bike network and bike lanes on warm days are full to the fucking brim.

Not the same user but I had to watch first hand a person have seizures and vomiting like crazy after his front fork snapped off all of a sudden.
I've seen gore and shit online but this made me sick..
Just a normal guy on his way to work who fell. It was in the news and shit, ended up with brain damage.. I always were a helmet after that.
>pic of the site I took

I wish. Portugal is too bumpy for bycicles. especially Lisbon

Joke's on you I'm not even the same dude

heheheheh

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/sep/22/bicycle-helmets-reduce-risk-of-serious-head-injury-by-nearly-70-study-finds

Thank you mate. I don't know what retarded "evidence" the other guy has but without a helmet your head is fucked if you land on it.

>women complain about make-believe issues
hmmmm...

The biggest cancer here are cyclists using sidewalks instead of the road when there is no bike lane, I swear one day I'll "accidentally" push some faggot ringing at me right under a bus.

And this "faggot" will "accidentally" push you into jail for vehicular manslaughter.

There's some truth to biker's words, riding a cage makes you retarded

As a cyclistI can completely understand you.
If I'm forced onto the sidewalk I take it very slow/ or walk. I never ring on the pedestrians.
But it's also a problem the other way around. People walk on bike lanes all the time. Often with headphones so they don't hear the bell.. Makes me wanna kick them in the back of the head.
I wish people could just look at signs and shit.

There's no bike lanes here and cyclists are the worst cancer of the streets
I secretly hope someone snaps and runs them over

We copied that. We do that every sunday in avenida las americas.

The difference is that the cyclist is the person who is breaking rules and endangering other people, not the other way around. Sidewalk is for pedestrians.
>But it's also a problem the other way around. People walk on bike lanes all the time.
Yes, but two wrongs don't make anything right.