Why is it a bad thing to have chickens in the suburbs? Most people wake up at 6 am in the morning to go to work

Why is it a bad thing to have chickens in the suburbs? Most people wake up at 6 am in the morning to go to work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9WykxlaB_xA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alright OP. I'll participate in your strange thread. Why would owning chickens matter? A henhouse small enough to fit on land that is still truly suburban would not stink to high heaven like the big ones do, and you can get roosters that don't crow.

A small population of 7 hens don't stink, I mean you've gotta clean out the house as you would with a kitty litter box but or cleaning up the shit in your back yard that your doge has left as "gifts" but its no different.

I'm woken up by storks every day I see no problem with this if the chickens are happy.

In Cantonese chicken can refer to prostitutes. Is this what OP means ?

I once had 3 chickens in my bathroom for a month.
Free eggs for a month, i fed them leftovers from my meals and after scattering some cat litter dealing with the poop got easy too.

Then christmas came and there were 3 less chickens.
I miss the free eggs.

Neighborhood cats and dogs will kill your chickens

I get off at 6am...

Because most of the people who keep chickens are filthy hippies, and they don't clean up after their animals and it makes their yard smell like death - particularly when it rains and then gets hot. Have 2 neighbors with chickens. 1 set are filthy hippies, and their yard smells like corpses are rotting in the open. Other set are normal people who clean out the coop every couple of days and there is zero smell.

Its much better to keep the chickens out in the open during summer. Theres almost zero smell then.

i knew nothing about this until this thread.
still, why would you do it if the costs are similar to store-bought?

muh fresh eggs. It's really pointless.

We had a neighbor with five chickens, they were all killed by a hawk within 30 days

Not even close. Proper egg-laying chickens give you an egg almost every day. You can feed them with leftovers, chickens are omnivores, they eat pretty much everything.
You can even let them breed, grow up and butcher 'em for meat later.

That just means that your neighbour is incapable of building a non-shit coop.

Never had that problem.

There's not much difference if anything you get too much eggs if they are laying.

Good for meet if you breed them, they pretty much eat anything.

Being an aussie, how do you even keep your chickens safe?
You have like the most hostile wildlife in the world.

Chickens in suburban/urban areas in the UK & Ireland are traditionally associated with wartime rationing.

Irish/British people in non-rural areas would have had chickens in their gardens well into the 50s.

Because chickens's, they eat everything.

Including sneks, mice, deadly spiders and so on.

Release them into the wild.
>Chickens become one of the top predators in straya within years, competing with housecats

Nevermind that. Straya has bad history of dealing with flightless birds.

Aren't chickens the closest living relative to T-Rex? How can Emus even compete?

Why doesn't he stop playing with his food and finally finish Game of Thrones?

This is the most Old World thing I've read in weeks. Never change, Europe.

In my city (Wichita) you can have 3 chickens inside city limits without a permit. You can not have a rooster though.

Do they eat coq?

TICK TOCK WAGIES

youtu.be/9WykxlaB_xA

Why did you have them in your bathroom fella? Did you keep them in the bath?

I was woken by storks once when I was camping. It was at like 3 am and it was terrifying

He doesn't know how to end it

>3 chickens in my bathroom
shu shu

I was living in a rented apartment at the time and didn't have a garden. So i improvised.
Bathrooms are the easiest to clean.

Cockroaches don't exist in the region im living in.

>Google knows