How many PhD's do I need to make music?

How many PhD's do I need to make music?

Is his doctoral dissertation worth reading? I remember it being pretty short.

"Abstract: The information age has been marked by complex advancements in the technologies of social management. Many of these advancements have been discussed in recent political theory. However, a thorough engagement with their mechanism and historical resonance remains necessary in order to substantiate such discussion. In this dissertation, I situate and analyze the increasingly informatic, molecular, and distributed technologies of power characteristic of "control societies" on a throughly substantive level. My research substantiates a number of claims made in recent political theory regarding control societies, and indicates that only a politics of positive feedback is adequate to the mechanism of such societies."

Hmm.

musicians and dissertations simply don't mix

tl;dr go for the touchdown

holy fuck what a mess. im glad im a stemfag

>implying STEMfags are good writers

me smart me stem. help world, get big pay get good wife.

John Maus wishes he could nail the aesthetic like Ariel does, but in the end he just creates boring music.

give him a break, he's autistic

What are some musicians with PhDs?

I know of Brian amaya from Queen and Dexter Holland from Offsprong

I think holly herndon is currently working to get one.

Tim Hecker

Greg Graffin of Bad Religion

Dan Snaith has a doctorate in mathematics or something

the problem with philosophy is that brainlets think anyone should be able to read an academic paper in the field without the prerequisite knowledge (and attribute a failing of their own understanding to a failing of the paper itself), whereas with say, a physics paper, it would immediately be understood that the content is outside of one's parlance

Greg Graffin (from Bad Religion) has a PhD in evolutionary biology.
He lectures during the year and goes on tour with BR over summer.

how rapid development of information technology, internet and social media influence societal change and power dynamics essentially

just one

Dan Snaith of Caribou has a PhD is math.

Is he actually autistic?

No he's a super genius.
This and how it ties into the structure of society itself and different academic disciplines

Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilized Irrespective
of Necessity: Problems with Using Long Words Needlessly
DANIEL M. OPPENHEIMER*
Princeton University, USA
SUMMARY
Most texts on writing style encourage authors to avoid overly-complex words. However, a majority
of undergraduates admit to deliberately increasing the complexity of their vocabulary so as to give
the impression of intelligence. This paper explores the extent to which this strategy is effective.
Experiments 1–3 manipulate complexity of texts and find a negative relationship between complexity
and judged intelligence. This relationship held regardless of the quality of the original essay, and
irrespective of the participants’ prior expectations of essay quality. The negative impact of
complexity was mediated by processing fluency. Experiment 4 directly manipulated fluency and
found that texts in hard to read fonts are judged to come from less intelligent authors. Experiment 5
investigated discounting of fluency. When obvious causes for low fluency exist that are not relevant
to the judgement at hand, people reduce their reliance on fluency as a cue; in fact, in an effort not to
be influenced by the irrelevant source of fluency, they over-compensate and are biased in the opposite
direction. Implications and applications are discussed. Copyright # 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

None. Just listen to every album ever made. And learn an instrument or three.

You don't need a degree to make music. There are Literal retards who make music.

see jazz