Why did they want the map to Luke? What was it to them? What was their goal? What was their end game...

Why did they want the map to Luke? What was it to them? What was their goal? What was their end game? How were they able to form?

I'm not a Sup Forums fag that thinks the nazis were good guys and shit but why is Hollywood so obsessed with nazi allegories, and they always portray them as loud mouthed obnoxious psychopaths

hmmm... it's almost as if Hollywood were run by a group of people who were targeted by the Nazis for their influence on culture.

Yeah, I see what you mean, I don't know why they keep going back to that trope. It just reeks of laziness.

I'm not a Sup Forums fag either but the nazis are a convenient boogeyman throughout history, desu.

>Why did they want the map to Luke?
To kill off one of the last Jedi Masters
>What was it to them?
A way to find Like
>What was their goal?
The eradication of the Force users
>What was their end game?
The complete removal of the Force from it's noxious influence on galaxy politics
>How were they able to form?
How did ISIS form?

they wanted to kill luke, or adam driver at least
>i will finish what you started
he wanted to finish the jedi holocaust that vader and sheev started
how they were able to form i have no clue they are just there because disney needs muh iconic imagery
>member stormtroopers
>member tie fighters
>member the death star

how is there a map to a dude, dudes can move can't they?

>The complete removal of the Force from it's noxious influence on galaxy politics
They're more than happy to use of force users to achieve their goals.

Really makes me think

*to make use of force users

Kylo Ren is like the closeted gay politician who uses rentboys in airport bathrooms. It's clear he's justifying his use of the Force to get rid of Force users

>To kill off one of the last Jedi Masters

Yep.

>A way to find Like
Yep. *Luke?

>The eradication of the Force users

Impossible. There are countless force sensitives in the universe born every day and thousands of different groups who use the force in their own unique ways.

>The complete removal of the Force from it's noxious influence on galaxy politics

Not really. They're just afraid of the Jedi and what they represent.

I'm pretty sure Snoke just wants him dead so he can't raise another Jedi army. Kylo Ren, though, seems to want it for ulterior reasons we don't know yet.

Snoke is most likely a force user
all sith empires had the eradication of jedi as an objective, just as jedi have always wanted to destroy the sith for good tbqhfam

There is no why

>Why did they want the map to Luke? What was it to them?
Nothing.... Everything

they should've just kept destroying everything and terrorizing the galaxy until Luke showed himself.

> just as jedi have always wanted to destroy the sith for good

Except they did. The Sith are extinct.

Why did Like make a map to himself?

Regarding the map, it's not "they", it's just Snoke. The First Order is just his tool in that respect. They want to control the galaxy and finding Luke is Snoke's goal so Luke can't possibly impede them. So I doubt it's anything to the collective First Order.

As for how they were able to form, I'm sure there's some BS explanation somewhere.

Kylo Ren wants to become more powerful than Vader and defeating his son seems like a good place to start

>in the universe

>In a GALAXY far far away

Not a universe.

I think Luke is guarding something even more dangerous. It's the only thing that explains his dogged absence in a satisfactory way that moves the plot along.

they're not just nazis they're also the british empire

who else do you want them to be an allegory for? these movies arent complex, they're ultimately kids flicks. we all understand nazis = bad and they're pretty safe villains to go with.

Kylo never says his goal in finding the map is to kill Luke and it's even hinted that he has personal reasons that could impede with Snoke. I think he more wants whatever Luke is near or guarding.

>DUDE READ THE BOOKS LMAO
I fucking hate this movie

Luke is guarding the first Jedi temple. Except it's gone dark and in the process of guarding it, Luke's mind has gotten fucked with over the years. That's going to be a big source of tension in the plot. They've been exploring the mind-warping capabilities of Sith artifacts in the novels recently and that must be for a reason.

Except it's impossible. There will always be sith artifacts and temples remaining throughout the galaxy. Any force sensitive asshole can stumble upon them and start his descent into the dark side. From that to welcoming the sith ideology/goals and teaching others is just a small step. Sure, they might not become very powerful, but it's a start and it can happen anytime.

Luke is probably super powerful now so that would be a way to explain why he doesn't run around kicking everyone's ass going forward. There has to be a reason he lets Rey shoulder that burden as protagonist.

books arent canon

you think you retards would have learned that after the EU

Its almost like they're stock villains or something.

The more important question is - is Snoke really Mace Windu?

Why are you calling me a retard? I just said there's probably an explanation somewhere but that it's probably bullshit. Having it stuck somewhere in the novels is bullshit.

But yes, the books are canon. They seem to be stressing that more with the ones related to the sequel trilogy. Rian Johnson was confirmed to have a hand in at least one.

A sith lord?

No he's a rakatan, it's been basically confirmed. Even though he doesn't look like one at all, but that's Disney for you, they just love to ruin everything. Even old Star Wars vidya isn't safe.

just as disney has proven that they don't give a shit about good ideas from the EU and would rather play it safe with unimaginative plots and characters

really makes you think

>Aaaaaaahhhh!
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
That would make sense tbqhfam

This pic is kino

>
>just as disney has proven that they don't give a shit about good ideas from the EU and would rather play it safe with unimaginative plots and characters

Hilarious, since they are copying everything from the EU anyway. I think that's actually the reason they made it into "Legends" in the first place.

You'll learn all these exciting details in 20 different spin-offs, prequels, novels, and cartoons

Snoke is probably the source of darkness Sheev was looking for on Jakku that took over a body.

>Except it's impossible.

It isn't.

>There will always be sith artifacts and temples remaining throughout the galaxy.

Considering the amount of time they laid low and nothing of the sort happened, I doubt that'd happen. After the fall of the Sith Empire the Jedi likely collected and destroyed the vast majority of Sith artifacts and let the temples go to ruin.

>Any force sensitive asshole can stumble upon them and start his descent into the dark side

See above.

>From that to welcoming the sith ideology/goals and teaching others is just a small step.

You need an actual Sith Lord to learn those things. And all Sith Lords are dead. They're extinct.

But we know literally all of these answers except how they were able to form like they have.

he can guard that temple all he wants, the first order will just take the galaxy.

I think Snoke is just a fake and isn't even a force sensitive. Literally a badguy equivalent to the wizard of Oz. He probably has knowledge of the force, but can't actually use it himself.

>How were they able to form?

You do realize that the Battle of Endor only represented like 10% of the Empire's strength right? They control hundreds of systems and have ships and people stationed all over the galaxy.

They lost their leader and major seat of power but there was still a shitload of Imperials out there. Not that hard to re-organize.

no, they're fucking not

the new trilogy isn't anything like the EU

unlike TFA, SW Rebels is actually good and that's mostly because it has the Clone Wars people making it and because it brings in characters from the EU

user, that would be too unique and interesting. They're already paralleling him with Palpatine and put emphasis on him manipulating Ben Solo, probably through the Force. They also hint that he's possibly used the Force to give Kylo false visions to set him on his path.

So Return of the Jedi was entirely pointless in order for this movie to exist then? Well, shit I could've figured that out, user.

>Impying

It wasn't entirely pointless. It shifted the balance of power completely with the Rebels being the new government and the Empire being the "rebels".

I'm just saying if you want a logical explanation for the First Order forming it's there.

Yea but they shit on that new status quo (which would have been interesting) by making the good guys a small resistance group, again.

I love how in the original star wars trilogy you literally never see the empire act aggressively towards anyone except the rebels.
They're so evil but apparently they only kill the people trying to destabilize the galaxy.

SW Rebels is fucking garbage, inferior in every way to the Clone Wars.

>it brings in characters from the EU
Yeah, just the characters. Not their stories. Like I said, copying. The protagonist of Rogue One is named Jyn Orso for crying out loud. They just take EU characters or concepts and retool them a bit because they are creatively bankrupt.

They turn Luke's Aunt and Uncle into skeletons, they're clearly evil

Lol no its Darth P

Korriban and Malachor still have plenth of intact items and temples (some hidden), unless Luke cleaned them up himself.

It's possible to learn the ways of the Dark side without a Sith Lord.

Alderann says hi, oh wait no they can't those billions of people got blowed up to prove a point.

>How did ISIS form
By funding from governments looking for an army to fight proxy wars in the mideast to protect oil and mineral interests

>Korriban and Malachor still have plenth of intact items and temples

Malachor had one temple, and the only removable artifact it had was taken by the Jedi/rebellion. The rest of the temple is a superweapon that cannot be activated without said artifact.

And the Jedi probably raided Moriband when the Sith Empire fell and took any artifacts that had recorded knowledge of the Sith.

>It's possible to learn the ways of the Dark side without a Sith Lord.

Indeed. But you need a Sith Lord to learn the ways of the Sith. And there are no more Sith Lords.

Because a galaxy far away is actually nazi germany

Fair enough.