Why does everything they did after this range from mediocre to terrible?

Why does everything they did after this range from mediocre to terrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/artist/orchid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It, along with the whole band, became horribly dated when My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy came in the picture.

objectively wrong
just leave this board and dont look back

but dance tonight sounds pretty much the same (only a clear improvement imoo)

but their best album is dance tonight.....

reminder that pg99 > orch

>middle school screamo

What

Except for the fact that it was right. Screamo is a one-track pony; it thrives on its edginess. MCR and FOB actually took that already dull post-hardcore sound and improved on it, combining elements of Alternative Rock, Midwest Emo and Pop. They reinvigorated that genre into something worthwhile, which rendered Screamo bands all but obsolete by the early 2000s.

What the hell are you talking about dude

>Screamo is a one-track pony; it thrives on its edginess
I fucking hate Sup Forums. I'm not even a fan of screamo (Chaos is Me and perts of Dance Tonight are the only records in the genre I like) but this is such bullshit. Why do you faggot feel a need to label everything that's even slightly aggressive or high energy as "le edgy"? You deserve all the soyboy and numale memes.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about my post.

WHAT!!! ARE YOU FUCKING NIGGERING ME?!?? I HAVE SAID THAT ADJECTIVES LIKE "EDGY" AND "CRINGEWORTHY" ARE SO OVERUSED AND SHOULD BE BANNED FROM DESCRIBING MUSIC FOREVER! AND THE ONE FUCKING TIME I USE THAT WORD FOR A LACK OF A BETTER TERM, I GET THIS DISGUSTING POST THROWN UPON ME!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!!!!! NEVER TALK TO ME OR MY FAMILY AGAIN, DISGUSTING CHERUBIM!!!!!

Macabre. Happy now, faggot?

I laughed

*trick

: (

when did orchid get so popular
rateyourmusic.com/artist/orchid

i've never really understood the need for variation, especially in such a genre. it refines this mood to a T, and then some. some of the best records out there are very one-note-- aint bad. seems to me an insult here to deal with this material and slap some dynamics where it doesn't work

its more that rym has

this is the worst post ive ever seen on mu
go listen to what screamo evolved into during the mid-2000's as it went into more post rocky directions with city of caterpillar, envy, funeral diner, etc.
youre argument is plain wrong because screamo continued to evolve to become bigger and better

Its obvious b8 my nig.

orchid pushed basic emotional hardcore to its limits and perfected it

Are you talking abt what orchid did or screamo ?

Best screamo

Post-Rock itself isn't that enticing. Unless multiple instruments are used to enhance the pseudo-elegance of a work, any band can easily attempt a "Post-Rock" atmosphere to invoke authenticity in their otherwise mediocre personalities. Heck, I'd argue that rock music in and of itself has lost its luster. To be honest, there's only so many ways to play some heavy, distorted lick and protrude to the world your inner "anger" using as much cryptic clichés as possible before it just gets all muddled and repetitive. That's the whole problem; rock in general has now exhausted its course. Screamo bands aren't an exception. They only fall in its stereotypes instead of relinquishing them, like a druid corrupting a soul only to be vanquished by the razor of centaurs.

Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance at least made emo/post-hardcore more interesting, by combining it with pop and Alt. Rock, sustaining Rock's longevity in the 2000s. Could the same be said for City of Crass Pariahs or Stay-Away-etia? No.

Just a little bump to get my post up there.

because most developers fuck everything up

Developers? As in they were the pioneers?

Those spongebob vocal-having mother fuckers?

Nah, i'll still to orch thanks,

what the fuck.

Dance Tonight! and Gatefold are fucking phenomenal.

no but Pg.99 is still great.

~classic~ image.