ITT: Great /dad/core albums

ITT: Great /dad/core albums.

good choice satan

Here's another.

Rainbow - Rising
Dio - Holy Diver

Went to see ELO with my dad this summer on a whim, glad I did.

Rust Never Sleeps
Highway to Hell

My mom likes the Eagles. My dad doesn't have any discernible taste in music

This album is such an easy listen, but in a good way

Everyone likes ELO, they just don't know it yet.

Boston is fuckin dogshit

lovely album

ELO is such an underrated band. You can't really go wrong with em.

SERPENTS O THA LAAHOOOOWWWRD

so you're saying you get a peaceful easy feeling from listening to the eagles?

bad opinion

The problem with Bosten is that it's almost too classic. Every track is the epitome of rock of that era.

I think it's a great album and enjoy listening to it. Pretty chill music

Rush is god-tier dadrock

patrician minus Home at Last

trash

>The Last Resort

Daily reminder that Queen is a good band

>t. probably thinks BR is the best song on that album.

nah, it's Seaside Rendezvous

My mom went to Slippery Rock when this band came to campus and apparently she was really hype because one of their albums had an image of a guy wearing a Slippery Rock sweater from that performance or something. Anyone know what album it might be? This would have been late 70s or early 80s

>patrician minus Home at Last
thats the best song on the album.

Jeff Lynne had the chops to be in a group with a Beatle, the Caruso of Rock, and the King of Folk, I'm not sure I'd call them underrated

both my parents are hardcore Eagles fans so I've been stockholm-syndromed into liking them. I saw them live with my family a few months ago.

While I prefer 39 and I'm in Love with My Car, that is a good answer.

It's an okay song, but it goes to long. Every other song is a solid or perfect length. That track just goes two long. Cut a minute off it and it'll be better. Seriously, what happens in that last minute or two that doesn't in the first 3.

maybe it does go so long but too me, it is melodically the best song on the album. so that makes up for a bit extra because its so good i could listen forever.

Our parents are exactly the same. Also I love the Eagles.

>trash
Absolute moron.

I don't think it's a bad song, I just think the length takes away from it. Like when compared to a song like I've got the New (which is like 30 or 29 seconds shorter), they used all 5 minutes of that song to kind of take you on a journey. I also love that angular rhythm to it. Like there is more development in the first 3 minutes than in all of Home at Last. Again not a dig, I just wish they cut that track a bit.

Rush is trash, 2112 is the best song and Hemisphere's is the best album but outside of that they aren't anything special. They get far to much love and are like the most sterile prog band ever.

Actual real-life Slippery Rock grad here.

I actually own the album you're talking about on vinyl (as well as Boston I) but I'm not 100% sure which album it is, but I actually think it's Kansas- Leftoverture. I can check when I'm home in a few hours.

As you can imagine, I was pretty hype when I opened it up and saw that sweater. Small fuckin world.

Rush has a perfect aesthetic.

You might actually be right about it being Kansas, thought it was a Boston album, thanks for offering to check

wut

I'll screenshot it and throw it in this thread later, it'll be 2am EST or so!

nah, Sabbath is far from being dadrock

>no Springsteen in the whole thread

this isn't a "listenable but mediocre albums" thread

i fuCKING KNEW I WOULD FIND THIS HERE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ya'll crackers don't even know

J. Geils doesn't get enough props this album is the fuckin shit

Based title track, one of the sexiest songs ever. I don't love the entire record but I enjoy it.

how is that dadcore retard

nah

this is like the album of choice for all aging millenial hipster dads