Name ten musical artists better than The Smiths

Name ten musical artists better than The Smiths.

Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egVtHfhWqrw
youtube.com/watch?v=7vodRW5H3eY
youtube.com/watch?v=J_36x1_LKgg
youtube.com/watch?v=aiw8CTK2o_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you selected a random list of reasonably prominent artists, on average about half of them would be better than the Smiths.

can we all agree, now that the dust has settled, that
mim > s/t = tqid > shwc

The Smiths is literally a ripoff of The Feelies.

Hatful of Hollow is their best, I consider it the more finalized version of their self-titled.

Fat Larry's Band

>namefags in charge of having good opinions

fuck off

Now go cork yourself in the bottles of dragons.

Marr > Rourke > Moz > Joyce

my young black man are we really resorting to Encyclopedia Dramatica memes?

absolutely not

you would be lucky to get even one.

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

They sound absolutely nothing alike. They're not even from the same continent, and almost nobody knew about the Feelies when the Smiths debuted in 1984.

Seriously, tell me how you got this opinion. I'm genuinely curious.

mindless contrarianism

nirvana
pearl jam
hootie and blowfish

You're right OP

*cough* Marr made it all *cough*

tbf Morrissey has a nice voice, but the guys a prat and only a few of the lyrics were good.

delet this immediatly

>only a few lyrics of his are good

t.brainlet

Possibly the worst band to exist

>Encyclopedia Dramatica
>Reddit
pick one

The Beatles
Tim Buckley
The stooges
The velvet underground
Talking Heads
Neil Young
David Bowie
John Coltrane
Bob Dylan
George Harrison

entry level bands

so are the smiths faggot

I only need to name one band.

obscurity=/= quality

Also don't pretend the Smiths aren't entry level

I found out about literally all of those bands before the smiths

tvu, bowie, coltrane and talking heads are the only ones better than the smiths anyway

eh.. I'd say the smiths are about the same level of obscurity of most of them. I definitely heard of them before coltrane, buckley, and the stooges (or at least around the same time)

Agree with the second statement doh

It's funny how "entry level" bands are nowadays obscure to normies.

Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Charles Mingus
Bill Evans
Thelonious Monk
Max Roach
Wayne Shorter
Herbie Hancock
Art Barkley
Eric Dolphy

Didnt even have to try

jazz is shit

*jazz is the shit

t. has been listening to jazz for 3 months

Hasnt nothing to do with what OP asked.

all their songs sound the same

Well I can certainly name one

Kanye West
Michael Jackson
John Coltrane
Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
Miles Davis
Talking Heads
Chuck Berry
David Bowie
Radiohead

kek, that is always the response when you get btfo easily

t. has been browsing Sup Forums for 3 months

sorry pleb, nobody likes your Sup Forumscore soy shit

The Smiths were a very good band user. However all of these artists are unequivocally superior:

1. The Beatles
2. The Grateful Dead
3. Miles Davis
4. Radiohead
5. Talking Heads
6. David Bowie
7. Bob Dylan
8. Michael Jackson
9. The Beach Boys
10. Prince

it saddens me to see how entry level and similar everyone on Sup Forums is. it really goes to explain why theres never any good discussion

>Sup Forumscore soy shit
>the smiths aren't the poster child of this with morrissey posts on this very board 24/7

>he unironically thinks the smiths are not entry level

No, I do. My comment was unrelated to the OP

>beatles fans in charge of good taste

lmaoing @ your life

both are cancer

just because i have the ability to tell you why the beatles are a better band than prefab sprout doesn't mean i've never heard of bands like prefab sprout. quit being a faggot who treats music like a social commodity where the more obscure bands are automatically better than the "entry level" bands because knowing about them makes you exclusive and elitist. in fact kill yourself if you unironically think that

the beatles are the best studio band of all time by far user. you genuinely don't know shit about music if you argue that.

It's got nothing to do with obscurity my dude, it's that fact that the list could be switched out with the top 10 for literally any other person on Sup Forums and no one would tell the difference :)

i mean it's like someone saying 'list the top 10 composers'... the top 3 are literally bach mozart beethoven and always will be. it's hard to deny certain bands when we're talking about goat-tier status and the smiths are really good so it takes a goat-tier band to beat them.

the real problem is the question OP is asking just doesn't open itself up to the diversity in response that you're looking for.

Björk
Joanna Newsom
Talk Talk
GOD
Fela Kuti
Erykah Badu
Sufjan Stevens
John Coltrane
Dead Can Dance
Jim O Rourke

I could name 25 more before the Smiths are even considered desu

maybe if you moved past listening exclusively to pop rock and the occasional baby's first jazz musician you would understand ;)

including big tent names so that there's no debate:

Joni Mitchell
Velvet Underground
Brian Wilson / Beach Boys
D'Angelo
Burial
Zappa
Neil Young
Wire
Q-Tip / ATCQ
CAN

People I'd consider on the same level as the Smiths: Kanye, Arcade Fire, Magnetic Fields, Pharrell, Elliott Smith, Björk, Nick Drake, Leonard Cohen, Talking Heads, Television, Daft Punk, Kate Bush

good taste

samefag

lol

btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=egVtHfhWqrw

youtube.com/watch?v=7vodRW5H3eY

youtube.com/watch?v=J_36x1_LKgg

youtube.com/watch?v=aiw8CTK2o_Q

vrilliant

it's literally impossible to know any of these artists exist unless you are a musician or legit music head with a respectable range

what did he mean by this

Do you think posting obscure pop rock proves your point? By your own words you should kill yourself if you do :p

they are all deeper cuts in their respective genres. particularly videos 1, 2, and 4. very few people know about the method actors but they were once considered by some reputable english rock critics as the best american post punk band. playa fly is a memphis rapper from the 90s who is imo one of the 3 most underrated southern rappers from that era. martha argerich is a great ravel interpreter but entry level classical listeners won't know shit about that piano piece. most music majors don't know much ravel beyond bolero and maybe gaspard de la nuit. kurt rosenwinkel is one of the best jazz guitarists alive but the faggot user who called me entry level probably hasn't heard that track.

the point is a single person who knows all four of those musical works isn't entry level. it's literally impossible.

u mirin user? thought u knew your shit huh? next time don't fuck around.

No I just find it a bit sad that you think this is some 2 sided dick measuring contest, when in reality I'm just making fun of you for being a loser XD

Holy samefag Batman! You really are sad

Oops meant to tag this. No one would type this out about anyone but themself