I like how Ash has gone from one of the best characters in horror movies...

I like how Ash has gone from one of the best characters in horror movies, to one of the best characters in horror television without even trying. Goddamn is he amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YzhcHk4gNM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw I still haven't started watching this

thanks for reminding me op

The first season is great in fits and starts, but the second season is remarkably solid, every single episode.

>It was a ruse the whole time.
>We were even told what was going to happen weeks ago.

brava raimi

What has happened in S2 so far? Is Lucy still in it looking fine along with the cop with the really perfect tits?

Yeah, but Lucy died her hair pink for mysterious reasons.

What happens in Jacksonville stays in Jacksonville.

Tbh if you told me a couple of years back Evil Dead would have a renaissance at all I would have bet 100:1 it would be complete and utter shit.

No way could they deal with an aged decrepit Ash. No way could they keep the comedy aspect without seeming stilted.

They seem to have solved a bunch of issues with reviving dead franchises and updating them and they don't even have solid components to do it with. Pablo and the girl are horrible fucking actors. They're entirely carried by the comedy, Bruce and (this season) Lucy.

>tfw plot is so stupid you didn't expect any plot twist, yet it occured and because of it was truly unexpected

>the cop with the really perfect tits

She got the Deadite

You forgot the (criminally underrated) remake.

Bruce Campbell is a god.

You say that like the plot in the original three movies wasn't stupid.

How is it that hand puppets make everything better?

I thought it was shit. Sorry.

That hand puppet is going to make the producers more money than the show has.

>the cop with the really perfect tits
That cop got a name user?

Ash vs Evil Dead isn't very great. All they've done is Flanderize Ash. It's not gutbusting. It's lazy.

They really forgot through the first season why they even put her in there.
She was really hot, though.

It's pretty insane. On paper, the very idea sounds completely idiotic, yet, it's actually amazing. I'm thirty years old and somehow I need to own that fucking puppet now.

that already happened in the movies, broheim.

Dunno, but the fight scene got me weird wibes.

Do I need to watch the 3 original movies to enjoy the show?

You don't even need to watch season 1, because it's complete garbage.

No. You need to watch the 3 original movies to be a complete human being.

Do you like eating pizza without the toppings?

Are they all good? Don't make me waste an evening

That's weird. I enjoyed the hell out of season 1. Meanwhile I'm 3 or 4 episodes behind on season 2.

Just watch 2 and 3. Or just 3. 2 is a remake of 1 with comedy added in. 3 sums up 2 at the start.

I don't even need to watch the original? Weird

First one can be watched to be technically appreciated, as these guys had a budget of single pizza delivery. It is less funny, more serious and scary. Works poorly.

The first one is enjoyable for its campiness. It's not a great movie by any means, but it's fun as hell to see Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell back when all they had going for them was enthusiasm and about five gallons of red corn syrup and creamed corn.

The Evil Dead 2 is legitimately great horror, especially in retrospect when you realize that the comedy arises from how traumatized Ash is.

And Army of Darkness is one of the most solid action comedies ever made.

I just watch the entire trilogy in prime 35 millimeter print at a local horror festival. Shit was even better than I remembered. First one's straight low budget horror, second is perfect 80s horror with a side dish of comedy, and third one's just pure comedy gold with horror elements.

But yeah the "canon" is all over the place since Evil Dead 2 is either a retelling of the exact same events of Evil Dead or Ash is such an asshole that he took two different groups of friends to camp out at the same demon infested cabin

BRB downloading dont tell the cops

>Ash is such an asshole that he took two different groups of friends to camp out at the same demon infested cabin
I feel like we can't rule this possibility out

Only because the show made him The Joker.

>starts whispering into walkie talkie

How are the remakes of Evil Dead?
I assume they're disowned by the community

is it really that good? it looks silly

Evil Dead (2013) isn't really a remake in any sense since it boils down to "different group of assclowns stumble on the Necronomicon cabin"

Remake takes itself too seriously, but it's quite spooky.

Deadites were too hot, too

When this one was all like "Come over here pretty boy and let me suck your cock" I would have totally taken her up on it if there wasn't a 2000% chance that shit was going to get bitten off

>Deadites were too hot, too

Seek help

>skipping ED1

But then the Cheryl episode won't have as much impact.

Man, still can't believe they got the same actress to play Cheryl 35 years later. So awesome.

He's not alone.

>tfw no professional makeup artist gf

>Remake takes itself too seriously
No it doesn't. It purposely laughs at itself with its over the top antics throughout the entire movie.

I hope they make an Evil Dead (2013) 2 at some point, it did make a shitload of money.

Not sure how they would top the first one though, not because it's some masterpiece but because of how fucking nuts it goes during the last act.

is it worth a watch?

no, but do it, I watched them after S1 and they are really great. I personally most liked the first one, it is original take on traditional horror story and the humor is very subtle.

youtube.com/watch?v=YzhcHk4gNM4

>Pablo never got one last Ghostbeaters cheer

Sure. Lots of gore, nice practical effects and Jane Levy is lovely.