Why does Sup Forums no longer have a collective good taste?

why does Sup Forums no longer have a collective good taste?

I remember back in pre 2010 this place used to basically be the arbiters of what music was good.

the collective taste of this place has diminished so far that half the board can't even explain in detail what they like about the music they like beyond "man this is lit bro"

Sup Forums was never one person you fag.

sounds like a problem of literacy
blame stemshits

There's more people here now, that explains it. Though i remember threads being faster back in the day.

no. but the users were more intelligent and musically understanding

Sup Forums was never good

This. Anyone who thinks Neutral Milk Hotel and Radiohead are some genius underground normie repellant bands truly has no taste in music.

Better because scaruffi-fantano-Sup Forums drones are pathetic

I think it's because of the stagnancy of the Sup Forumscore albums themselves. Many of them constantly get shilled here with very few threads that bring a novel perspective on these albums, which makes them utterly tedious. I think that Sup Forums should have some official nomination to elect new albums that either have received huge critical acclaim, are underrated gems hidden by the fabric of time, and/or albums hated before by both fanatics and music critics that soon garnered critical acclaim due to a change in perspective. That way, we'll have some fresher albums/songs/music to discover and discuss. Also, elitism needs to be toned down seriously, especially with the influx of invasions from other boards recently, and the insipid shit-posts derailing threads.

Everyone hopefully either left or realized the whole charade was retarded.

People who unironically think NMH & Radiohead are genius artist need to listen to more stuff. There is so much music to listen to... so much hidden gold out there and people gravitate toward mediocre artists and prop them up on pedestals. I don't get it.

>I don't get it.
it's simply a matter of sheep following the herd.

>explain in detail what they like about the music they like
How do I learn how to do this?

>thing becomes more popular
>thing decreases in overall quality

And no one was surprised.

Sup Forums has been getting more and more popular attracting each time newer members and now they have taken over the site

Beyond Sup Forums, don't you think this says alot about the mindset of most societies in the world?

All the trips died and Sup Forums ditched elitism for irony

>think that Radiohead isn't the best band ever existed
>don't be able to name a better one

the more oldfag that you get the less you post. we're still here though

pre 2010? Sup Forums wasn't even a year old then you dolt.

>why isn't mu a circlejerk hivemind like it used to be?

but NMH actually is good though. not radiohead.

POST THAT SOY REPELLENT BOYOS PIC UNRELATED IM ON THAT GAY SHIT WEEWOOWEEWOO BE NICE TO GRIMES OR GTFO

james that you?

and he shitted

Newfag

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, a True Star is better than anything Radiohead put out.

Literally who?

please don't lump the rest of us in with the engineers

Same

the alt right ruined Sup Forums

it's because they give all the niggers in school computers now

Whoa look at that

heh wewlad

Piero Scaruffi on the topic of Oingo Boingo:
>...but defining their sound was Little Girls, an exuberant ska wrapped in an electronic patina with modernist vocals à la XTC and a touch of insanity

Piero Scaruffi on the topic of marriage:
>Why are there age limits? Why is it illegal to marry a 12-year-old?

Some typical Scaruffi ratings...

>She's young too. Ella Guru
Trout Mask Replica (Captain Beefheart)
9.5/10

>Just to show that little girl, there's something more that you desire
Lorca (Tim Buckley)
9/10

>Show me the way to the next little girl (Oh, don't ask why...)
The Doors (The Doors)
9/10

>Little girls in their party dresses
Loveless (My Bloody Valentine)
9/10

>My little girl was born on a ray of sound […] I'd exchange my soul for her, There's no antidote for her
Y (The Pop Group)
9/10

>Stay with me,my five year old
Atomizer (Big Black)
8.5/10

>Little girl, I wanna marry you
The River (Bruce Springsteen)
8.5/10

>We see in the back of the City Hall mind, a dream of a girl, about thirteen…
Absolutely Free (Frank Zappa)
8/10

~~~POWER GAP~~~

>I'd rather see you dead, little girl...
Rubber Soul (The Beatles)
5/10

>hurr durr I was an obnoxious tripfag for years look at me!!!

I generally don't trip anymore (as well as being too busy for this board) but it's fun to see who shows up.

this.

one track better than 8/9 perf discog and extraordinary live performances

from what I remember around then (which might be selective) - mu used to be very limited. Now things seem a lot more diverse - I've discovered a decent amount of music from lurking the genre generals. Half the board is memerap but one has to take the good with the bad.

yo does anyone here remember Lazare? I hated that faggot

It all comes down to opinions. I gave an example of an album better than any of their albums in my opinion and now you want more. Just listen to whatever tickles your fancy m8.

we kicked out all the tripfags who were willing to stick their necks out and show off their superior taste and got stuck with stupid shitposter tripfags and redditor crossposters.

>implying neo-Sup Forums isn't just a circlejerk over the same 5 soundcloud rappers

neo-Sup Forums is death grips and kanye, you're thinking nu-Sup Forums

Sup Forums was ruined way before the alt right came to be you retarded leftwing newfag

Seems like there's no one here. I regularly see the same posts across multiple threads, people repeating opinions posted in other threads recently, the same things always posted in response to the same topics. Really seems like there are maybe 20-30 regular users.

kek

Sup Forums has been moving pretty slow recently. You're likely correct.

Sup Forums was never good but at least it was *our* shitty board