ITT: Bands with only one good album

ITT: Bands with only one good album

One good one, six great ones, and 2 mind blowingly amazing ones

You're out of your fucking mind if you think that's Swans' only good album, OP

That's some low quality b8 right there

What are the amazing ones to you? I personally think their earliest albums are untouchable, better than most music period, but The Great Annihilator is also a standout.

Greed and The Seer are their greatest albums. Fucking fight me.

>only one good album
>posts their worst album

>their greatest albums are their sell out albums
Yeah, no.

i feel like pic related is one of the albums that someone jokingly said is good and everyone just rolled.
Fast forward three years, it became a meme

I can't stand The Seer, too indulgent. Greed is good but I don't care for the more industrial sound of that period

>Swans
>Sellouts

How? They clawed their way up from the fucking No Wave scene to being on a major label and having videos on Mtv, then said fuck that and went back to being independent.

Lol, how can one man be so wrong?
Soundtracks should be one of those things preserved by world government as a testament to humanity for the future.

They sold out when they tried to pander to the third wave post rock crowd with The Seer and Co. It's literally (literally) top 40 garbage.

So if a record is successful it's garbage? Their reputation had grown a lot since they broke up with the internet circle jerking them, plus their inescapable reputation from their early days. Honestly Sup Forums and shitty music journalism is probably more responsible for making hipsters buy their records than any pandering on their part.

I don't care for their new music but I don't think Gira is even capable of pandering. And it's not as if the new music is any more accessible, it's pretty retarded to call albums with 25 minute songs based on one riff "literally top 40 garbage".

but this is their only good album

this
and public castration. the only albums of theirs that actually create an atmosphere

>their least accessible albums are sell out ones

>then said fuck that and went back to being independent.

It wasn't so much a wilful rejection of the mainstream so much as it was being almost ruined by the cyclone of misfortune surrounding the recording of Burning World. Seriously, first-run Swans had some of the worst luck of any band I know.

>pic unrelated

>Greed
Children of God is a refined version of Greed. Can't argue on The Seer though.