Why can't Europe's retarded brother be normal for once?

Why can't Europe's retarded brother be normal for once?
Why the fuck are American teams named like this? Do they want to appeal to 13 year olds? Imagine a conversation between grown men using these team names, it just sounds awkward.
"Magic surely showed the Wizards their place! Are you going to watch the Solar Bears play against the Gladiators tonight?"
>Pirates
>Raiders
>Giants
>Tigers
>Raptors
>Bulls
>Magic
>Wizards
>Rockets
>Grizzlies
>Pelicans
>Devils
>Penguins
>Sabres
>Panthers
>Wild
>Stars
>Ducks
>Sharks
>Jaguars
>Titans
>Bears
>Lions
>Vikings

Other urls found in this thread:

deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2015/11/02/actualidad/1446465554_459494.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premiership_Rugby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>please notice me big strong Americans

It perfectly fits their behaviour though. Big overweight crying manchilds

I mean, all american teams being franchises you can't name them anything else. What if Golden State BC got moved to Nevada? What would you do then? The problem resides in more than just naming.

Also, most europeans do it too in basketball which is pretty funny, definitely doesn't help the sport grow

The teams wanted an identity other than ________ FC and a lion with crown on a coat of arms logo

Get off your proxy, Iran

>here is an unrelated Sup Forums image in my sports thread, am I fitting in yet?
It's always the non-countries that try the hardest

>implying young boys fc is better than that

Iran is the most relevant country in the world that is not controlled by degenerate hook nosed circumcised racemixers
t. not Iranian, just Sup Forums

they instead want the identity of an animal which changes colours and goes from city to city

>let me flagpost instead of answering op's question! xD

At least they are named the same way for a century

Additional bonus: No relocation

Name them after historic events, locations or presidents
The Jeffersons doesn't sound as autistic as "Titans"

>Pirates
>Giants
>Tigers
>Bulls
>Penguins
>Bears
>Lions
>Vikings

these are all cool names though with a rich history. You see, unlike in Europe, we have more than one sport, so we can't just use the city name to differentiate between teams, we have to create a different team name for each sport.

>OP is literally flagposting
>hurr stoopid Americans xD
Newsflash, I don't give a shit about you or your smelly Caucasian friend. You really think Americans care what some irrelevant European shitholes think about our sports teams?

>brother

Obviously a disappointing son

you clearly give a shit enough to talk trash about his country

>Young boys is a swiss club
>The Vatican is guarded by the swiss
Gee, I wonder why they're named like that

Redskins and Raiders is the only good name

Yeah, because that takes so much effort. I didn't realize I was completely emotionally invested every time I called an Indian a poo in loo or a Portuguese a moor. Try harder.

>Pirates
>Vikings
>Tigers
>Lions
>US of A
Go away, satan trips

It makes perfect sense, I can't imagine the Minnesota Football whatever the fuck
No one in the US cares what the rest of the world thinks

Europe BTFO and confirmed no culture.

Americans play every sport. You guys enjoy poverty kick

Sure, Reza

>projecting his own inferiority complex
Yeah, living in a larger country definitely makes you, as an individual, "relevant"
Especially when you take into consideration that you are not even owning your country

Arsenal are known as the Gunners, Chelsea are the Blues, Man U are the Red Devils
I don't see the problem

Arsenal and Chelsea are fine
Man U is cringe (I have to bear that this is the club everyone follows here because of Mikey the Aryan)

The Vikings got their name from the rich Scandinavian history and culture in Minnesota (of course now it would be more appropriate if they were called the Somali Pirates)

The Bears and the Bulls both got their name from the Chicago Stock Exchange, hence the term "bear" and "bull" markets.

>continues to spout Sup Forums memes because he has nothing else
I mean more power to you I guess. Just seems sad on a sports board though

So what exactly is your fucking problem?
Why can't teams have nicknames?

>he has non-Sup Forums memes saved on his hard drive
I have to post something, it's the basic rule of imageboards, if you don't post an image with your post then your post ain't worth shit.

Most of them are really juvenile

Sports are juvenile. Get off your imaginary high horse

>sports are juvenile
This is true, in fact I pretty much only watch the national football team play.

Juve are referred to as The Old Lady, Real are also called Galacticos. There are cooler names with European teams than just (INSERT_PLURAL_OF_ANY_ANIMAL_OR_OBJECT)

You could do that if your teams were actual sport clubs instead of semitic franchises

> FC Barcelona (Football, Handball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Futsal, and some other meme sports)
> FC Bayern Munich (Football, Handball, Basketball)
>Real Madrid (Football, Basketball)
>Olympiakos (Football, Basketball)

>Football Club Barcelona Basketball

Makes sense.

>Support a team from childhood
>Owner of team send you a big FUCK YOU and move the franchise to the other side of the country
>Years of devotion thrown in the trash can

Now that is retard.

It's a little easier to move around because we weren't dumb enough to put a team in every village with 1,000 people.

>Galacticos

Wasn't Merengues?

Tbh it's actually called Lassa, the name of the sponsor, because they're cucks and also bad as gonorrhea at basketball

>Devoting your time and life to a sports business
Now that is a retard

Yes.

Los merengues or los blancos.

Los Galácticos was just an embarrassing meme in the early '00s.

>not Panathinaikos

we have the most sports departments in europe

That's literally one of the most disgusting pictures I've ever seen.

>semitic franchises
?

Aren't half of UEFA clubs owned by Jewish Russian or Muslim Arab billionaires anyway?

But you cannot into win in any of them, senpai

Not mutually exclusive

This Armenian poster is still SEETHING that his shit team isn't gonna make the WC

Mostly the English ones (add american tycoons to the list).

There's Paris Sheikh Germain, AChina Milan and a few more here and there. We have Valencia and Malaga under sheikh/chang rule but that's it. It's mostly the EPLEL, desu.

no, they are owned by chinese

and Espanyol and partially Atletico and Villareal, I believe Real Sociedad also and some others I'm probably forgetting

Because of newspaper headline writers and fans

People wouldn't want to write "New York Baseball Club Wins" because it takes up a lot of space.

So they came up with nicknames (Yankees/Yanks)

It stuck and frankly it gives the teams an identity than generic 'City Name FC'

>they literally know the names of the capitalists of irrelevant sport teams

Don't know about Espanyol (I doubt it desu) but not Real Sociedad. Atleti and Villareal have foreign investors but they don't control the clubs.

do you live under a rock?
why do you think Espanyol started to invest big in the market lately?
deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2015/11/02/actualidad/1446465554_459494.html

dumb frogposter

Its really not a big deal, faggots. Theyre just sports teams, not an army.

also
>Wanda Metropolitano
>not chinese control
and Atletico and Villarreal youth is full of chinese
with Real I probably got mistaken by the sponsor

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."-Bill Shankly

Samsung surely showed Fly Emirates their place! Are you going to watch the Chang Beer play against Sprint tonight?

olympiakos is only good at corruptball and water polo

>most europeans do it too in basketball
do they? I can't think of a single european club that does

>Real are also called Galacticos
Actually the Galácticos were only the generation of Zidane, R9, Figo, Raúl, etc. Real has had a lot of names depending on the generation of players they had ("Los yeyés", "La Quinta del Buitre"...)

Bears got their name because of the Cubs, why would you name a team after a Bear market?

Europeans do the exact same shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premiership_Rugby

You gave us the cancer that are the Kardashians.

eat a dick

Mexico gets it
Japan gets it

Europe is old and gay and full of muslims. Who cares?

>Real Westbridgeshiregatecastlemouthhampton United City

>Good names

Armenia is pure cancer

did you ever check the names of those 120 years lod English rugby club?

>Leicester Tigers
>Northampton Saints
>London Saracens
>London Wasps
>Sale Sharks
>Exeter Chiefs

this kind of name, if rare, is not something never done in Europe

because it is just sports. the names are supposed to be fun for kids. why do you take sports so serious?

Ara hereq chi? Du hayerin xaytarak es anum.

Iran has a higher rate of circumcision than the US

They also have a significant Jewish population

That armo is a Sup Forumstard who conflates Jews with Israel. Many American Jews show general disdain for Israel

Originally they were all unofficial nicknames, same as European soccer clubs. They sprung up organically then gradually became incorporated into the official name. This only applies to older clubs though. New teams that hire focus groups in order to come up with some shit like "Panthers" is gay as fuck.

College team nicknames tend to be a lot better and more tailored to where they represent since most are 100 years old.

All British clubs have retarded names. Germans once too I think

>not naming teams after enduring and powerful corporations like Japan and Corea

I mean quite a few baseball team names are pretty old too. Cubs have been called that since 1903 (they were named other shit when they were founded in 1876) and same with the Reds and other teams that are from the 1800s

England is the same thing dumbass Hotspurs and Red Devils and Foxes and Wolves are just as gay

>wants to name a team after some president of our country
fucking kek

>hull city tigers
>sunderland black cats
>southampton saints

american teams have silly mascots because american pro sports is rooted in ncaa culture and battles between rival universities. thats why sports teams in america are expected to have silly mascots. it is an imitation of school rivalries. schools need mascots to have an identity.
europe pro sports is rooted in a culture of battles between rival nations. which is why they cum on themselves over pride and tradition and those sort of things.