Racism

I know it would be an incredibly unpopular move - and understandably so - but is it possible for a modern movie to portray racism in a positive light?

Like, does there exist, or is it possible to make a modern movie that presents strong arguments for why racism is valid?

Or are we too mature of a civilization in the west to even entertain such ideas in media?

Please fuck off Sup Forums, I want a discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>everyone is having a good old time except the racist
How can you edit something to fit your agenda and still fail to communicate your message?

>but is it possible for a modern movie to portray racism in a positive light?

no. what are you trying to figure out to it's logical conclusion exactly?

Well I recently heard someone say that the reason there is so little racism towards Asian people and so much towards blacks is because Asians have essentially built a large, functioning society for themselves and don't really need to rely on anyone to sustain it. While most black societies are a crumbled mess and white people can't respect them for that.

Stuff like this would be interesting topics for movies to cover.

How are you going portray something spawned from hatred as a good thing. Racism and nationalism are the worst inventions of the 19th century.
>everyone is happier and not starving, except for me my traveling is shit
or
>wow look at these poor people! I sure am learning more about different cultures.
Is this baiting or did anyone thing this comic made a solid argument?

>in a society free of hate
>versus societies not free of hate
wow, easy choice

Ok, lets assume you are using the word "racism" correctly, which you probably arent.

Try it:

>Try to "portray racism in a positive light" in 1 paragraph.

Rules: No pseudo-science.

My race, X, has built a society that's better than race-Y's society according to statistics.

Voila.

Prime example of a person who doesnt understand/misuse the term "racism".

Also, I said no pseudo-science.

Your containment echo chamber is that way.

Gran Torino

You mean the old racist guy, who after interacting with a foreign culture realizes that they are human just like him, given the chance to work hard? Then even becomes best friends with the gook and sacrifices his life for the Korean kid?
Not to mention his own white family being useless selfish leeches?

Yeah, good one.

Fun fact:

>xenophobia =/= racism

I dunno about any modern movies. The most prominent ilder example I can think of would be "Gone with the Wind" right?

Sounds about right

When did Harry become a white nationalist?

>You're a Grand Wizard, Harry.

The right side isn't a reason to become a racist at all. And it's highly unlikely and comical that the white guy on the right side would ever draw a conclusion like the white guy on the left side who is supposed to be the same person just in a different situation.
>joins Ku Klux Klan
>actually wanted to play soccer with the dirty niggers he wants to burn on a cross all along
Very believable Sup Forums.

>Very believable Sup Forums.
You know this is an edit, right?

>racism
What does it mean then? I'm hoping you aren't going to give the bait definition.

That movie did just that. The "normal family guy" was a positive figure with a positive and caring message.

Of course at the end they had to come up with something to make him look evil, but everyone can see how ridiculous that was.

Jesus Christ, does no one go skinhead in this movie? I see a lot of JUST styles here.

Racism is the institutional and social discrimination of a minority by the majority of a specific nation.

What you interpret as "racism" is that whites are in fact superior genetically than other "races", which is non-sensical pseudo-science, also ironic considering that racial superiority is not a good thing.

Did you just make that up?

> is it possible for a modern movie to portray racism in a positive light?
anti-white racism is pretty common and no one bats an eye

>portray racism in a positive light
how

>when tumblr changes the definition of a word in order to suit their argument

>>>/tumblr/

>anti-white racism

It really baffles the mind, when people still dont know what racism is.

Discrimination =/= racism

Xenophobia =/= racism

Stereotype humor =/= racism

Learn the fucking difference, you utter child.

Thanks for confirming my statement.

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Technically discrimination and prejudice is racism according to the dictionary.

Not if you can read the English language.

You fuck it has nothing to do with being the majority or minority race in a nation.

There is no one universally agreed upon definition of racism.

Stop using this word for blank insults and stop getting offended by it.
There is no shame in realizing that people are different.

Ok, this has to be bait. My money's on the table.

Bunch of black people enjoy living together in a strongly-knit community where they help each other out, and are then united against a group of whites who try to appropriate their culture. Entire movie is a celebration of black culture and a put-down of white parasitism.

There, easy as fuck

>but is it possible for a modern movie to portray racism in a positive light?
No. You can do literally anything in TV and movies except that. Racism is the worst thing that you can ever do in media.

You can do it subtly like in 'London Has Fallen' or 'Triple 9' or if the director/writer is black like in Luke Cage. Otherwise non-whites must all be intelligent sympathetic characters that can do no wrong, and racists are the worst people on the planet.

Gran Torino is actually a good example. It showed demographic displacement, nigs nogging, and the general stupidity and mayhem that minorities cause in american cities. Him sympathizing with the neighbors was actually racist by any modern standards. It took a WHITE MALE to protect the neighborhood and teach them how to preform basic house care and manners. Eastwood is amazing.

heh
Wrong on so many accounts
>little racism towards Asian people
Comparatively speaking, it's because on the hierarchy Asians never pipe up about shit they should get angry about. Most of them have internalized their oppression so they don't need reminding. I should know I'm asian. All you hear asians talk about is muh media representation. Black people on the other hand have so much more they contend with and be angry about - injustice.

>While most black societies are a crumbled mess and white people can't respect them for that.
you ever sat down to think real hard about your beliefs and why you choose to believe them? from your thread question it's as if you merely want your bias to be vindicated via film. Are you not happy to believe what you believe without a film to validate that?

I know it would be an incredibly unpopular move - and understandably so - but is it possible for a modern movie to portray Nazis in a positive light?

Like, does there exist, or is it possible to make a modern movie that presents strong arguments for why Nazism is valid?

Or are we too mature of a civilization in the west to even entertain such ideas in media?

> teach them how to preform basic house care and manners

Wasn't that mostly just the one socially inept kid?

>There will never be a movie about a poor German kid watching Hitler's rise to power, observing him fixing Germany's problems, amd gladly marching off to war for the Fuhrer only to survive the war and have the Allies fuck everything up again.