youtube.com/watch?v=qMQ7X3wauRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WZktJG7-FqY
bigfinish.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=S4N7p4Yl1qk
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---night-of-the-vashta-nerada
youtube.com/watch?v=e_JehGCFEqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks comfy.

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Until cancellation.

When are they bringing back Bessie senpaitachi?

Was canceling the show part of your plan?

Fuck Bessie. They should bring back the Whomobile.

No but fucking underaged boys was.

Well I'd be inclined to agree, however it wasn't in the op picture. IIRC they "rediscovered" or found it a year or so ago or maybe it was the first time it saw light of day. Something to that effect anyway.

Fuck that. This man needs something like an Aston Martin to drive around alien planets at 100MPH.

Looks more like a classic jaguar man to me. Maybe a silver lotus esprit to match the tardis

What's your opinion on Deep Breath?

Four : Robot = Twelve : Deep Breath

Pretty good.

It was OK. Comedy part was not very funny, robot part was pretty enjoyable.

What?

youtube.com/watch?v=unORPOtavqM

>Four : Robot = Twelve

Great. Would be GOAT if it was 45 minutes.

Deep Breath was to 12 what Robot was to 4: A pretty shit introduction to a great era.

The second the T-Rex dies, it starts to get better.

Was good, but nowhere near the high standard of Eleven's 1st ep.

Oddly, felt annoyed about the Matt Smith cameo at the end. Just seemed unnecessary, Clara, by that point, had accepted the Doctor's new persona.

why would a lunch box stop working if you peel the sticker off? You can still keep lunch in it. I don't get it

I really liked the Smith cameo desu.

>Clara, by that point, had accepted the Doctor's new persona.

She had not actually, she was about to leave him until she got the call which convinced her to stay.

The novel Lungbarrow has a lot of great ideas regarding life on Gallifrey. Everyone knows about the Looms, but there are also the Great Houses, sentient buildings grown with furniture and Looms and everything. They communicate with their residents / children by speaking through the mind of the designated “Housekeeper”.

Of course, the Faction Paradox refers to the general Time Lord civilization as the Great Houses, a fact usually dismissed as an irreverent refusal to use the Gallifreyans’ chosen name for themselves. However, it might be hinting at a much more sinister nature of the Houses, one that not even the Time Lords might realize …

In The Doctor’s Wife, the Doctor finds a spirit possessing an asteroid outside our universe. It calls itself “House” and shows the ability to speak through the minds of its inhabitants. When it possesses a more concrete building (in the episode, the TARDIS), it can shape the corridors and furniture to its needs. In these ways and more, it closely resembles a disembodied Great House from Lungbarrow.

Of course, at the end of the episode, House is apparently destroyed, though earlier drafts included a lot more ambiguity. One particular deleted scene revealed that House would later become the Great Intelligence, aka Yog Sothoth, placing his origin in the same “before the universe” chaos of Satan and Cthulhu.

So are all of the Great Houses just buildings molded and possessed by Great-Intelligence-style spirits? It would make sense; many eldritch spirits were really pissed at Rassilon’s invention of time, and getting closer to the Time Lords would be one way to do exact their revenge. There’s also the weird subtle ambiguity in the Virgin New Adventures where the entire “Doctor is the Other” arc might have been engineered by the Great House of Lungbarrow itself.

More interestingly, if even the Time Lords have forgotten the Houses’ origin, how does the Faction Paradox know about it? Well, since the loa are central to their cult, they are better equipped than most to analyze the House spirits. And before they became a renegade Faction, the Grandfather’s initiates were known as House Paradox. So if there was a Great House Paradox before its inhabitants were banished from Gallifrey, (1) how did they get it, and (2) where did it go?

Question 2 is much easier to answer, since I can’t imagine the Faction would keep something so dangerous around for long. They probably just destroyed it on their way out.

JUST KIDDING this is Faction Paradox, why would they throw out something so cool and theirs just because it could “destroy their movement from inside out”? I bet they brought it to Earth and, while they didn’t bring it into the Eleven-Day Empire because of the whole “tries to possess every architecture it touches” thing, they just dropped it in the middle of the Edwardian era.

Which brings us back to Question 1. Where did the House come from? If it existed at all, Grandfather Paradox probably made it out of paradox, all aesthetic-y and loa-esque, with lots of bloody suicide and aristocratic snobbery. Of course it would have House-y powers, like possessing people and invading TARDISes. And if Grandfather Paradox was the Doctor all along, and his adventures with Charley are an echo of the EDAs, the answer pops out:

Edward Grove IS House Paradox. And nothing can convince me otherwise.

They really need to do a Star Wars and make all this crap non canon. Only specified audios and Comics should be canon along with the classic and modern series. Too many crappy ideas and stories are clogging the universe up. Like fucking shapeshifting penguins c'mon.

krillitane yourself

>hating based Frobisher

low effort bait is low-effort

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=kt8Lb5wJ35A

youtube.com/watch?v=gzt7jP5XOtM

So uhh.. how's Torchwood?

Why are there no Doctor Who videogames?

Not great.

1,and 2 are ok. 3 is legitimately good. 4 is very difficult to sit through.

There's a few but they're all a bit crap as I understand it. The adventure games were ok I guess but completely forgettable and barely worked on my system.
Lego Dimensions has a DW expansion pack that's honestly too much fun. The cyberleader voice is great too.

Beg borrow or steal I'll find a way to be with my lover upon christmas day

The le fake spoilers from last thread all actually sound good to me, besides Matt Smith being in an episode. That doesn't seem like a good idea. And of course I don't want Capaldi to leave but I think a new Doctor with a new showrunner is the more sensible decision.

Basically this

Remember when the Doctor fought Satan?

Yes.

>The cyberleader voice is great too.
Is there a video of this somewhere?

cyberking, excuse me youtube.com/watch?v=xkRhWpWYtDk

What is /who/ watching now?

>The Time Warriors 11x05

Reminder that best Waifu died one year ago today

and then became essentially immortal and got her own timemachine

I require more pictures of Clara in sweatshirts

>tfw

>not posting true best waifu

K9 a shit
youtube.com/watch?v=qMQ7X3wauRQ

youtube.com/watch?v=WZktJG7-FqY

What do you think the Doctor wanted for Christmas /who/?
besides head from MaryTamm?

more jellybellies to stick up her pooper

K9 forever BTFO

oh shit I just noticed this book from The Bells of Saint John is by Amy.

The Bells of Saint John is underrated desu.

Been thru 2 prior cancellations. Like the guy turned into a newt, the show will "get better".

So where can I download those DW audio dramas?

bigfinish.com/

How many farking jobs did she end up having

What is /who/'s opinion of Moffat?

/who/ has strong opinions on him, all of which will be converted to mourning when he leaves and gets replaced by the Chin Ball.

GOAT writer, bad showrunner.

Wake up /who/

Oh, the new episode of Class starts off promising.

Capable of writing great stories but mostly indulges in convoluted nonsense, and I personally don't agree with his style when it comes to the show/Doctor.

Regardless of a his abilities as show-runner (wtf went wrong with series 7?), gotta admit most of my favourite nuWho has been written by him.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4N7p4Yl1qk

I used to have one of these things.

This episode is really good so far. Clearly part of the same proud tradition of minimally expensive episodes that brought us The Edge of Destruction and Midnight.

"characters stuck in a room and forced to talk to progress the plot" always has great potential

I found the episode got a little too cheesy at times ("come on guys we're the class crew we've beaten aliens we're better than this")
Most of the truths really hit home though
>None of you are really my friends, you just tolerate me
>I love you but I know you don't love me back

Also Greg and Matteus feel like a hamfisted soap opera sometimes, I feel like they're trying to hard to make them "romantic" rather than a natural relationship

I liked how Charlie gave his big, dark confession before touching the rock. That felt like a good climax. In a story where all the drama has been forced on them by being in the room with an alien thing, the last character breaks the cycle by taking matters into his own hands.

I found it kind of weird that Matteusz was even in this episode since I kind of thought of him as being outside the main cast. And yeah, some of his and Charlie's romance stuff is a bit OTT.

>I kind of thought of him as being outside the main cast.
I like that they had Ram address that. I keep wondering why he's not considered part of the main cast when he's been relevant in every episode

I don't remember him doing anything in episodes 2 and 3?

Episode 2 maybe not, that one was really a ram episode wasn't it?
Wasn't episode 3 the one where he got kicked out and they had homosex?

youtube.com/watch?v=JWnF50swAfI

>This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Beeb are quick these days.

well shit
I spent a good 5 minutes on that

bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---night-of-the-vashta-nerada
>Fourth Doctor vs Vashta Nerada, Hinchcliffe style
get hype

They're really milking that new who license ain't they

>Wasn't episode 3 the one where he got kicked out and they had homosex?

Yeah. Followed by heterosex and shadowkin sex in the next episode.

I can almost guarantee this'll be GOAT

DUMP

>wanting to keep classic who canon

why? Everybody only cares about the new series anyway. If you want to get rid of unnecessary baggage throw out those crappy 600 episodes.

>make all this crap non canon
>implying it wasn't always non canon

youtube.com/watch?v=e_JehGCFEqM
GOAT

when will foreman come out?
It has to be any day now

Try reading Tardis Wiki sometime. Go look for something like Peri and end up lost amongst the stupid comic stories forever.

Tardis wiki is not canon
/who/ has the objectively superior two way canoning rule

As a frequent contributor, I whole heatedly agree.

>tfw beeb's taking moff's departure as their chance to start running doctor who by committee
>tfw it's going to end up a horrible mess of diversity quotas and generic, no-risk plot

>yup. It's done for.

TMA and TWF were GOAT.

they were good, not goat
Heaven Sent was the only GOAT episode of S9, but the general quality of each episode was high to the point that overall it's the best series

i'd say they were great tier. agreed though. sleep no more was the only bad episode, which can be easily skipped.

No one will listen to me when I say this, but Sleep No More wasn't even terrible, it actually gets better upon rewatch.