Drug Abuse

Why so many musicians abuse drugs Sup Forums? Is it because being a musician so hard? Is it because making it as a gigging professional so difficult? I bet no other field of artists abuse drugs more than musicians.

What can be done to stop this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I bet no other field of artists abuse drugs more than musicians.

Im pretty sure statistically people in the film industry are more likely to ise drugs than musicians. Theres way too many musicians compared to actors/directors/producers /etc.

Also, almost everyone in the 50s jazz scenes was doing heroin, my friend. Bill Evans just got caught up. I feel as if he was a very introspective person and as a result probably had very negative views of the world and himself and drug use made it easier. Shame he never experiemented with psychedelics as far as i know. Probably would'nt have been as dependent on coke and i would legit be interested in how it wouldve effected his music.

people that produce great art often do so because they are deeply unhappy with themselves, drugs are a coping mechanism as much as creating art is

they aren't just similar as coping mechanisms, chasing a crowds reaction or putting on a satisfying performance generally can mirror the rush of chasing a high from drugs in general

A. drug use has no viable, teachable history in America. (ie how to do, why to do, why not to do, how to survive, how/why to quit).
B. Good artists are seekers. Good artists chart their own path. Pleasure is part of that, fuck conventions imma get high bitch NOW.
C. Freedoms and associations due to the life style. Music is part of the Pleasure/Culture Industry....Pleasure is the twin of decreased judgement. there are always cons and thieves and dealers. like sex trafficking.
D.Music=Pleasure. Being HIGH = Pleasure. Thats human nature. That the nature of fucking biology. Life didnt survive for milions of years because of careful planning for the future. It survives via MASS CATASTROP:HE AND SACRIFICE AND DESIRE. Hot shit. Black out, fuck a hooker, die of aids: be everything the world asked you to be.

Such is art.
Such is music.

until you Fripp your discipline in the proper direction.

I'm not totally sure I believe this myself, what's that even based on? Introversion=/=depression. Depression isn't the only thing that inspires art, and can just as easily inhibit it. I think it has more to do with the openness to experience and ideas that an artist must have, and the fact that communities of artists and whatever similar types are going to reinforce a culture of drugs and shit.
>What can be done to stop this Sup Forums?
same thing that can be done to prevent drug abuse in general, education, rehabilitation and resources instead of stricter criminalization

he did drugs? I thought he was just a really heavy drinker

some artist believe it helps with their creativity for some reason

alcohol is a drug faggot.

the fuck is wrong with you?

drug use is about exploring unexplored territory in the human psych. Just like an artist explores and experiments with ideas through his or her chosen outlet, a drug user explores different mental states through drugs.

Also depression lol.

Drugs help creativity flow easier. Not everyone does drugs because they're depressed and miserable or stressed out. They get like that once they get addicted to drugs and use it as an excuse to keep doing them, but people are pretty normal healthy minded when they start using them.

cliche and dumb, tho true.

but dumb.

even tho sometimes you find soething interesting on the otherside of lucid.

but you can get there sober if you know the way.

its just your brain getting kicks one way or the other.

>what's that even based on
biographies of and interviews with artists, musicians, and celebrities
pic related from his wiki

they dont really. They impede cognition. Creativity is a cognitive discipline, not like lol im high put a shoe on it hey!

you know there's a different you pedantic retard

Biographies and interviews? How about a study conclusively proving this?

It's a profession without much structure, and doesn't require much logic.

no.

there absolutely isnt.

and you should stop pretending and foisting this dangerous idea on people.

literally fuck you.

you

should

stop

typing

like this

>and you should stop pretending and foisting this dangerous idea on people.
I wasn't saying alcohol wasn't isn't better or worse, I told that he only drank and was i surprised by it you autist. walk away from the keyboard

i could give a fuck.

alcohol is a serious fucking drug and there is ZERO excuse for pretending otherwise.

and im not like a teetotaler...im a bottle of wine deep right now. thats how i know. and i,m not naive. ive been a smoker, ive kicked heroin. the myth that 'alcohol isnt a drug' traps a lot of drinkers into massaging their drinking habits beyond what they should cuz lol booze.

that needs to change.

i think what you said was "you know there's a different you pedantic retard"

how about you go huff a tailpipe.

its a sweet high, i promise.

you're preaching to the wrong person. I've actually never even been drunk before. calm down

Probably has to do with the vast majority of artists & creative types being depressives.

Not him but you're being retarded. No is even defending alcohol here, it's just saying when people refer to musicians that are drug addicts they don't mean alcohol. Everyone already knows it's dangerous, we don't need a lecture on it.

>people colloquially distinguish between drugs and alcohol
>this is probably bad on some levels, and should be avoided, because it is incorrect and both can be dangerous
>nevertheless, it is understandable

Everyone just agree to this and move on

Musicians are fucking soyboy so they need drugs

"you know there's a different you pedantic retard"

theres not a difference.

if you agree, say theres not a difference.

its that simple.

you dont even know the depths of calm

>you dont even know the depths of calm
lmao log off you pretentious twat

I want to have sex with you

no.

because every joe schmoe regular guy thinks "whatever, its just a beer" and ends up a fucking alcoholic and cant figure out why..

its dumb. Why perpetuate a culture of ignorance? it kills people.

i can fuck all night and im fun.

dont fucking care.
at fucking all.

cuz i can fuck all night and im fun.

Someone is salty they're daddy was drunk and hit them as a kid.

stop acting like you give a shit about people. you literally just told someone to kill themselves in this thread

I enjoy how the word appear on every Sup Forums thread I open

>drug use is about exploring unexplored territory in the human psych.
It's not the safest way to do it though IMHO. Things like meditation, going on a solo trip, meeting new people, bonding with nature are far more beneficial to unlock hidden behaviors of brain. You don't have to subject your body and mind to pain and misery that comes with drug use. Musicians have also lost their technical ability in most cases due to drug abuse.

kill yourself.

i care about everyone but you and that other guy.

do it now.

its just a reason that some artists do drugs based on anecdotal evidence, not THE reason artists do drugs. dont fucking expect me to anwser it with graphs and statistics u faggot.

i enjoy how Sup Forums can take a term and make it completely devoid of any meaning in a couple weeks.

>Musicians have also lost their technical ability in most cases due to drug abuse.

They would have lost it anyway with age, it's hard to stay talented forever. And without drugs they wouldn't have made nearly as great music in the first place.

I'm starting to think is right. you seem very sensitive about alcohol. wanna talk about it? :)

>doesn't require much logic
I want this meme to die.
After get through with basics, in order to make your own music, you have to be analytical and logical.

It pops your mind open, how is this hard to understand?

i never got hit as a kid.

yes, i know some people who got fucked by "le alcohol not a drug " meme

id rather know why these generous thinkers
etc

wanna bitch about alcohol and not the fact that weed is scheduled as a narcotic?

now thats fucking ridiculous.

Sorry, I forgot about all those integrals you have to take to decide whether to add a 7th to a major chord or not.

its as simple as you choose it to be.

This thread gave me cancer, I need a drink now.

Drinking soy latte?

Same. You wanna get high on beer with me?

>wanna bitch about alcohol and not the fact that weed is scheduled as a narcotic?
None of those posters said either of those things, what is going on in your head?

he's on his high horse and he's just completely spazzing out

I'll bring mu guitar just in case we decide compose.

im neither high nor on a high horse

one faggot was like " ive never had a drink" so lol dont have an opinion k?

and then i got bored cuz lol.

youre having cancer gave me joy.

already drinking...

Oh and Bill Evans didn't die because of alcohol, he died because he did Heroin and Coke. So I don't know why some faggot is spending this whole thread giving a PSA about alcohol.

Tell me without getting high, how else are you going to channel such energy: youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E

because everyone else is making a PSA about how alcohol is "le different"

why support ignorance?

Put a trip on already user, yours posts are so funny and intelligent I can't get enough of you!

and what have you added to anything anywhere ever?

except cum to your cum sock?

What is the definition of a drug?

whoa

slow down

whats YOUR definition of a definition?

Listen to Koln Concert by Keith Jarrett and tell me again it doesnt take incredible logical thinking to achieve. The sophistication in that record is outstanding.

top of the spectrum

>pic related
bottom of the spectrum

You don't understand, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really value your opinions and want to recognize them immediately in the future you ridiculous goblin.

What?

drugs helps them cope from being molested by their handlers.drug use is promoted with music often, to make society degenerate

>has code
>has cypher
>still lost

>muh analytics and logic are only for maths
try and analyze a beethoven concerto fully and say that there is no logic behind it

>dont fucking expect me to anwser it with graphs and statistics u faggot.
Then why would should anyone discuss this? And surely not a single question got answered that way, no.

solid kek

im here all week.

and all the next week

because all your heroes did drugs and you wanna be as great as they are

or maybe the same dissatisfaction with reality that would drive someone to play an instrument 8 hours a day everyday comes into play

or maybe drugs are awesome and fun and life is gay and dumb

who knows

The 2 biggest reasons I've seen are

- overcoming stage freight
and
- all the constant traveling is brutal on the body and the sleep schedule

Not only is alcohol a drug, according to studies it's the most harmfull drug for our society.

as someone who's been an addict and is a musician I probably wouldn't have any drive to attempt to make great music if I wasn't neglected as a child and had loving supportive parents that didn't divorce when I was 6

I've noticed in my life that people who've had life pretty smooth sailing are not all that interested in being obsessively driven to be great at something

never min us while we build your space coffin

>here are scientific facts about alcohol that prove it's harmful
"wow you don't drink so you can't have an opinion lmao"

>same thing that can be done to prevent drug abuse in general, education, rehabilitation and resources instead of stricter criminalization

AHAHAHAHAHAA

Trust me druggies know that the drugs are bad for them. Spending money on so called education is just a gigantic waste. REhab is also useless as no amount of rehab can convince someone to work an honest job, which means as soon as they get out they will go back to their old ways. Funny how the only countries in the world that have drugs under control are those that have strict criminalization. Really makes you think.

Creative people are open to different experiences. Your obviously some virginfag if you think it should be stopped, you don't know shit about drugs.

The impact that drugs have on creativity seems to be mixed depending on who you ask. Brian Wilson has said that LSD and weed were key in making Pet Sounds, yet Keith Richards has said that he just wanted to be high as a goddamn kite and it was not a creative endeavor