What the hell happened. She used to be so cute. What brought on this degeneracy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JySQE4axlJY
youtube.com/watch?v=CTg4WKcOJ3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sex positivity
It's like being obese, but on sex.

All of you neets oversexualizing her

I want to like her music I really do but I swear to god behind her artistic off kilter aesthetic is literally nothing worth listening to 90 percent of the time.

I have listened to a lot of her songs waiting for something to happen and it just seems like shes traded any kind of musical progression or heft for the whacky and the left of field and to me thats just really boring.

I think her pop aesthetic is pretty good though. her videos and image is great, just the music sucks....

>"PILLS PILLS PILLS PILLS DUDE LMAO PILLS"

What the hell happened. She used to be subtle. What brought on this on-the-nose songwriting?

>videos and image is great, just the music sucks....
Nice summary of the current music landscape.

She used to be a qt3.14

Now she's a byrne out whore

so what's going on exactly? are people mad that a pop star is singing about sex again?

next alBUM art, she releases the gummie worms

She became too obsessed with Bowie and David Bryne and decided to imitate the steady downward trend into pop mediocrity that they both did so well.

>oh no an artist I fap to is evolving aesthetically

i dont know but its honestly embarrassing i used to try to turn everyone i knew onto annie and now shes producing the most shallow vapid oversexualized pointless shit.

but it's a comment...on our society

it's also the cheapest easiest ploy

She used to be Saint Vincent. Now she's sex tonight Vincent?

>Degeneracy

Awesome buzzword you retard

she listened to a liars album and got WOKE

I'm gonna use this line at some point in my life

the worst possible thing happened: she believed herself to be important

she was always trash bro, what did you really expect

all those people staring at his ass

i don't care what she is singing about/how she looks

just that the music is so fucking garbage, why Annie why?

With the shitty cover album and music, maybe all is on purpose to make a trashy album

Music videos from every era are trash, mostly. I don't know if I've ever seen one I liked.

When someone makes something it is to communicate a concept. The concept she is communicating is sexual. If you had to ask then you're a retard.
The new album is also kind of shitty.

You do know she's making fun of pills and people who take them for everything, right?

>degeneracy
Get back to Sup Forums retard.

She turned 30, realized her sexual disireability went down and is now over-compensating.

Next album will feature her live orgasm moaning and the album after that will come with a complimentary sextape.

What the fuck, people listened to her unironically? I only listened to Deduction for the fucking kek.

She became obsessed with genderfluid culture and other shit like this.

All albums before [St. Vincent] are okay. In 2012 she stepped on the way of commercialized pop shit

Cry more, soyfag.

I don't like her music.

Ait, i will might listen to strange mercy at some point, gotta see for myself if this is the alternative of grimes.

uh, what?

ITT: idiots who don't understand that an artist evolves and matures during the years. Do you really expect her to stay the same? If you don't like her more mature style, tough luck: you still have her older albums.
She's not your woman/relative, so why do you care about her looks, delusional waifufag?

She hated her audience so she said fuck that shit she was doing

i c wut u did ther. He definitely influenced her in the wrong direction.. that record with both of them was AWFUL

cause when she was young and cute she didn't need to be overtly sexual to get attention, she was just naturally attractive. as that fades she needs to be more and more obviously sexualised to maintain the attention she's used to.

basically she's doing what anyone does who's used to their appearance getting them most of their attention and apparent merit does when it starts to fade

>She's not your woman/relative, so why do you care about her looks

Not that user but every man on the planet with a pulse thinks like this. Not just them dreaded "waifufags" on the 4chains.

How does your mind work?

My mind works rationally. I care about the looks of my gf, not about a celebrity that I will not even meet irl. Stop thinking with your dick.

kek same thing that happened to madonna and katy perry. women are so dumb and i laugh everytime

I don’t care about her but I guess she’s pretty cool for sperging out and playing a pop group song on live tv

youtu.be/JySQE4axlJY

She's getting old and will soon hit the wall, so she's scared.

>why aren't guys as interested in me anymore???

Same thing with Madonna and many other female musicians.

Many such cases. Sad!

Feminism happened.

She's always been a degenerate but now has the major label confidence to strut herself and the pressure of becoming an "idol" image I guess, I can feel what
says about it

I liked her last record as her major debut but this one is just a slump to me, it's a pretty sad record all things considered too

pretty sure she's dating a model

s/t was good though

based Annie

>that guitar playing

this, it just wasn't a good record and she has major label shit to contend with now

Also did anyone notice that she looked coked out of her mind during that Pitchfork over/under interview a few years ago

I don't enjoy kpop but quite often I'll see a kpop video which is aesthetic as fuck. They really nail a particular style, but it probably becomes boring if you watch a lot of them.

>What the hell happened
You realized she was shit all along m8

this will never not be funny

I mean she literally got a directing role in a horror movie because womyn power even though she doesn't know how to direct and dislikes horror movies.

This is the only StV album I throughly enjoyed desu. Also, nice visuals.
The part she directed was the best tbqh

>"dude it's okay because it's ironic"
well I guess that makes everything okay

This sex positivity shit is a mistake. True creativity comes from repressed sexuality.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTg4WKcOJ3g
Holy shit, this is awful

OK, honest answer.

She got too popular. Don't get me wrong, she's not going to sell Taylor Swift numbers or anything, but popularity doesn't work in just that way: when you're a big indie star, hip rich people start inviting you to parties and asking you to "collaborate", because your indieness gives them intellectual credibility. You might not be the most innovative or cutting-edge of indie artists, but you're quirky and you have high Metacritic ratings, so they cling to you for coolness. That's how she ended up dating le ebin tumblrqueer unibrow "goddess", for starters.

As you get absorbed by this new circle of people, the scope of your views adjusts to theirs by necessity. What started as they looking to you for credibility evolves into you looking to them and their lifestyle for inspiration, since it's now your lifestyle too or so you think. And as they are vapid and sex-crazed, so you and your art become vapid and sex-crazed. It's not that you've sold out, but that you've become out of touch with real life; you think you're making a valid artistic comment on modern life, because indeed you're talking about life as it is experienced by you right then and there, but actually you're just churning out the same numbing stupidity that elites have always fed the masses. Only difference is you're only semi-corporate, while they own they corporations.

This is the same thing that happened to Arcade Fire, btw, so buckle up because this is her Reflektor (the place where her hybris and pomposity still can't overcome her talent completely), but next record should be truly shitty.

Her next album probably won't be pop as this, so who cares

I agree completely. However I do believe an artist can reject popularity and turn their musicmaking on its head into something great (i.e. Radiohead). That said, I don't think she has the talent, team, nor gender for a triumphant return.

It's all about self-awareness and levelheadedness. If you know yourself and can see things for what they are, you can get past it. If you're soft on the head, you get fucked over and you lose yourself in the muck.

I don't think it has that much to do with gender, although women are more prone to externalizing this malaise through oversexualization, for obvious reasons.