Tipping is Brainwash

>valet
Hey user, if you don't tip... the valet will ding up your car next time!

>taxi
Hey user, if you don't tip... the taxi will not take shortcuts to get you to your destination faster!

>server
Hey user, you better tip the person that walked the 25 feet to pick up your food from the kitchen and place it on your desk. If you don't they might bring your food into the bathroom, poop or pee in your food, and then take it out of the bathroom and bring it to your table!!!!

Do Americans seriously think this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, but Canadians do. That's why we pay an automatic 15% gratuity like trueborn cucks.

mfw never tip

>it's the server's fault food is late coming to the table

This never happens unless the server is overworked out the ass with over a dozen tables, the kitchen is almost always to blame for a long wait because it actually takes more than five minutes to make decent food

One time at a diner our waitress came up to us to take our order, all was fine until I noticed the tattoo on her forearm that said DaShan.

I shot up out of my seat, turned 360° and walked away.

>Do Americans seriously think this way?
>is American

I dunno OP, do they?

>Not tipping

European-style rude.

I tip if I get served well and see no problem in that

Who can blame them, though? Their country's economies are being raped by having to support thousands of refugees, and Ahmed's welfare doesn't come cheap

I wouldn't if they received minimum wage

I got terrible service once and it turned out the other person we were with was a frequent visitor that never tips anywhere they go.

We were being rushed out and our drinks were never filled once.

If you only go somewhere once, yoy won't see reprocussions. If you frequent a place, you better tip.

We don't tip in Croatia but... it is expected if you're a tourist or just a restaurant patron in the summer. Being a server/waiter during the tourist season is an extremely demanding job. As in, it's living hell day in and day out. Extremely fast paced, extremely stressful and physically demanding.

Also we don't eat out. We don't have the money. But if you're a tourist you will eat out and if you do help the poor bastard who's bringing you food- he deserves it.

I agree that tipping is bullshit in general and I can't understand how you people got stuck with that. Here we'd raise hell if your change isn't returned to you.

Da Shan? You mean that Canadian that learned to speak Chinese fluently?

>desk
>flag checks out
Lowlife southerner, detected.

Yes I tip. I'm not a poor, NEET, etc. They make like, $2.15 an hour right? That's still how it's structured? Their money is their tips. Don't like it? Order out or stay at home. That's the entire premise of dining at a restaurant: to be served.

>purposely obtain job knowing you'll make $2.15 an hour
>complain when you only make $2.15 an hour

Here's how I look at it:

I'm going to a restaurant and I expect to pay 800% of what the feed I'm consuming is actually worth.

An additional 15% doesn't matter for fuck all when I've already decided that the experience is worth spending 800% more in comparison to just staying home. Why do people pretend that it's a big deal when they are entering an establishment that makes money by overcharging you for food and paying their employees as little as possible?

Honestly, it's a bit nuts.

waiters depend on tip because they get paid less than min wage

quit being a jew or being poor.

Yes, in this hemisphere for some reason our ancestors set up a society that put biological terrorists in charge of holding our food hostage. The so called "waiter" is nothing more than a criminal in my mind

They know they'll make $2.15 plus tips, retard. That's why the law applies only to jobs that are tipped: server, bartender, bus boy, etc.

Stop being Jews with your money and just fucking tip.

> the customer copy part is cropped off

sorry kike or nigger, but that never happened

>not using a tip to make the total become 1488 or other esoteric numbers
SAD!

>go to a pizza hut in sofia
>seems a bit expensive
>check the bill
>it has included 20% tip
>basically +20% on top of my food

never went there again

that sounds like it's more their problem than the person just trying to have a nice evening...

>they get paid less than min wage
100% false, if they fail to make minimum wage from tips the employer is required to make up the difference.

So they can fuck right off if they think they're getting a tip unless the service was excellent.

so you realize making the food on that check ,if any of it is fried,takes 30-40 mins?
these bait threads keeping whites poor by other whites i have no other conclusion to come to other than you,op are a fucking jew.
only women and jews complain about tipping and even jews tip its just under 10%.

Do burgers not get paid if they work in the service industry and have to grovel and beg for a few extra cents?

What?

waiters at top-tier restaurants can make six figures in tips. wage is still $2.15 an hour

since Sup Forums is so obsessed with meritocracy, you'd think we'd be all for a system which rewards going the extra mile

don't forget blacks, they hate tipping like a broom hates dirt

Tip those who prepare your meal or clean the place. They're underpaid. Fuck the servers and their fake smiles.

>he deserves it
how so?

Not my problem. You are not tipped on what you do individually, but how my overall service is. You better start sucking my dick if it takes you an hour to get my food.

If I tip you a normal amount, nothing will change. If I don't tip for shit service, regardless of who's fault it is, better believe that either you or your management will figure shit out. Especially if I call you out on the receipt.

From someone who works in an actual sales environment, EVERYTHING is your fault. Until you figure that out, you'll never be successful.

A restaurant doesn't have to warm up the fryer, dummy.
Its up and running at all times, frying food takes a few minutes.
Most meals are premade, and only need to be thrown in the corresponding heater for a while.

isnt it against the law?

like false advertising or something

bullshit.some restaurants are hiring people as independent contractors illegally to not only avoid min wage but also to deny any benefits which servers dont get anyway.
what u need to do is go to places that have food bars.Either that or start your own movement to eliminate servers so u can get all your shit by yourself.i.e. wait in long ass lines.

>From someone who works in an actual sales environment

Which GameStop do you work at?

tipping is retarded,
I've never seen a difference between it and begging/welfare

It's an extra 15% on top of the 800%, so 920%. You make it sound like it's 815%.

yup sorry,niggers too.

Sounds like their fault for taking a shitty job with a corrupt system

I have no idea. The receipt read something like salads 10, pizzas 20, drinks 20, service 10.
Technically the menu may say your pizza costs 10, but it doesn't say the service for the pizza costs another 2.

Probably is illegal, at best its gray area, but I honestly didn't care enough to do anything about it.
Just got mad, and discussed how mad I am with the other person with me.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

mcdonalds worker identified.

This is why I work in fine dining. The prices keep people like op away. Enjoying making 30 bux an hour for running around making everyone happy

kek

Tipping is retarded.
Please remember Americans that by tipping your making sure this retarded system keeps existing.

Don't work at those restaurants???

CA servers make $12/hr minimum..they can go fuck themselves..they don't deserve anything more than $15/hr overall. That's a livable wage.

These fuckers make way more in tips than an hourly wage cuck. They can suck a dick.

I've worked at a restaurant in a hotel, even if there are only 2 people drinking coffee in the whole hall, the fryer was running, and a few big meals were premade and put into the cool fridge.

And even if I were a McDonald's employee, I don't see how that is a black mark. if anything, its expertise I'd have that you don't.

yup.someone needs to start talking about how madonna took a huge black dick and it made her feel like a virgin.

>restaurants are hiring people as independent contractors illegally
Not my problem that other people aren't following the law.

Coercion not brainwashing.

>I'm retarded
>I've never worked food service before
>I can't work with my hands in BOH like a man, doing labor for long hours to feed myself
>I'm such a lazy fat retard I don't understand why tipping exists

If you're gonna fuck the servers over, at least leave something for the cooks or even dishwasher, autist. They don't get the neetbux you do.

> is actually worth.

That's not how that works you fucking retard.

No wonder your economy is in the shitter.

Actually he's talking about your average American sit down restaurant.

>some people commit a crime by working without a legal contract
>so you should give them more money to continue doing it

every single person i know who works or has worked as a server no matter how bloody a bleeding heart liberal will when pressed admit that black customers were the worst because they're difficult and never tip

Being a server is not a "living hell". Jesus christ people are so pampered these days. Just a few decades ago people were being worked to death in the fields in your country. "Living hell" is hyperbolic as fuck.

why is the customer forced to pick up the pieces of stingy management?

Social service spending is actually a much better factor on the general economy than, say, military spending, because social service money flows pretty quickly and directly back into the general consumer economy.

I could understand tipping if the service was wonderfull, but a average service is not enough to tip.

>at least leave something for the cooks or even dishwasher, autist. They don't get the neetbux you do.

Do you tip garbage people aswell? Or shop owners?
Do they not provide you a service that can vary in quality aswell?

whatever jew.

It'll say quite clearly on menus and shit that a gratuity is added to bills

Bullshit, but not illegal

In Europe servers actually get paid so tipping is not necessary.

>most meals are premade

What kind of shitty, dirty, laughable restraunt do you work in? I bet you even have a microwave in the kitchen you actually use.

Fuck you go get a real job

It's not meritocracy it's coercion. A lot of times they don't do a better job for the tip, they imply negative consequences if you DON'T. I'm tired of fucking entitled waiters and servers. I usually tip but these faggots act like they're OWED it. It's the same entitled mindset that says you should be able to live on a burger flipping job at McDonald's.

You are promoting and rewarding illegal business practices, and asking that others do so as well, and insulting them if you don't, but he is the jew?

More like securities, but keep up that mentality, I'm sure you'll go far in life.

totally. if you've ever eaten at an actual nice restaurant you understand why tipping exists

I would never learn to live in tipping country because I wouldn't know how much extra money everything costs in invisible price called tip. Also I wouldn't know if tipping is just paying the full price and not being a thief, or do I have to consider it as alms for the poor?

>waiters depend on tip because they get paid less than min wage

Shoo shoo slanty Jew. If their take-home is below the equivalent of minimum wage they get minimum wage.

Such a retarded custom, typical from first worders who have too much money to spend.

I used to be a poor tipper. But this summer I've got a job working as a server at a pretty fancy place. It's such a stressful, demanding job. You're under pressure the entire shift. There's always some potential for error that will keep you from a good tip.
>The kitchen is really backed up, food is taking forever.
>These people seem friendly, do I reciprocate when they engage me in conversation?
>Can't talk to people too much or manager will ream me.
>Holy shit the food is taking forever.
>Does table four over there look pissed?
>This guy at table five drinks so much soda and wants a refill every five minutes, Jesus!
>Oh great, the owner's friends walked in, guess I've got a boot to lick.
>Okay I think everyone is taken care of, why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?

But in the end desu, I get a kick out of it because it's kind of like gambling on your charisma. If you're friendly and do well, 20%+, of you're average 15-18%, if you suck, sub 15%

Do you think the chef butchers a cow when you order a steak?
He opens a fridge, takes a seasoned steak, throws it on the fire and starts to mix the sauce.

I think you mean 180°, 360° would mean that you are facing the same way you were originally facing, so walking away would be a bit odd in such a situation. Happy to correct you though, friend.

More like retarded US economics
Shouldnt people get simply paid by their employers for an honest work instead of begging to the customer ?

I have a real job. I just remember working as a bus boy in college.

really?UK has a minimum for each industry or just a min wage across all jobs?

I only tip if the guy did his job above and beyond the call of duty

Bitch, you work in a boiler room operation.

I tip qts well and put my number on the receipt. ;)

Across all jobs.

If you don't tip you're no better than the jews

>really?
Oh man this is sad

>do you leave tips for your garbage man

I'm sure they already take what they want from what everyone is already throwing away, but I usually leave cigarettes out on my cans on garbage Cans for them, they've left notes saying thanks.

>do you tip shop owners?
Why would you tip owners. I'm talking about BoH not the shitty jersey mick that owns the place and works his BoH to death every night. They're the ones that actually made his food in the first place and actually cause the place to run all night every night.

well, a shop owner owns the fucking shop

it's also polite to give your regular garbagemen and mail carrier a little something at christmas, because some parts of america still have good generous people living in them

its not a custom, no one wants to keep this tipping culture going. restaurant lobbies, yes they exist, fight to keep tipping going

Its a way for business to suppress wages and get the customer to subsidize the difference.

What is an acceptable percentage of the bill to be tipped in America?

>order pizza on phone
>pick up
>walk into pizza shop
>walk up to counter
>swipe card
>turns screen around
>"select here if you want to tip"
>"13% - 25% + custom button"
nigga you didnt do anything FOR me to tip.

>select no
>wait another 10 minutes for my food
>cant imagine how much spit was in that pizza

>it's also polite to give your regular garbagemen and mail carrier a little something at christmas
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>I've seen the Wolf of Wall Street

Lel. It's not the 90's anymore. I also don't have a coke habit.

Fresh ingredients =/= pre-making food. You're missing the point m8.

maybe you should grow a pair if you want to be a skinflint

and you should be able to live on a burger flipping job at mcdonald's if you're working there full time

americans are the only people in the world who expect to get paid extra for the doing the job they are supposed to do and are already getting paid for
their wage is already in the price that i paid, so the only reason to tip is when someone does their job extra well and i want to reward them for it, so they keep doing a good job
tipping someone who did a normal job shows the person that they dont have to actually try hard

In japan tips arr nonexistent. Why id japan so based?

Doesn't happen in the glorious Netherlands

Why do you guys tip? Are salaries so fucked up you really need tips to survive?

they dont deserve the knowledge man ur talking to communist jews here tgat wont part with a penny but if they did theyd cut it in half with tin shears.
But yeah its a daily fun kind of thing to change appearance or other small shit to see if it makes a diff in tips.like being in a sociology class.