Implying this isn't one of the best rock albums ever

>implying this isn't one of the best rock albums ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nk_WUs-zlNU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s already dad rock

It is, though, along with BSSM. One of the best Alternative Rock records of all time, and one of the greatest Alternative Rock bands ever.

Not with that atrocious mixing it isn't

It makes it venture into noise rock-ish territory. Listen to Parallel Universe especially.

Entire album is 4 chords.
Am F C G.
Frusciante killed what talent he had in a crackpipe.

No it doesn't. It's just mixed terribly.

i was gonna get this album but then I realized this track wasn't on it

youtube.com/watch?v=nk_WUs-zlNU

Why do idiots always mistake RHCP for 311? They're not even in the same genre!
(Reggae Rock vs Funk Metal/Alt. Rock). Jesus.

Having listened to all 15 tracks this past year, I can say it's a solid pop rock album, even with all it's flaws such as autotune abuse and loudness war-ing. But Mr. Bungle's California (too many similarities to mention) still makes it look like some of the plebiest shit ever

>pop rock
Opinion discarded. There's nothing pop rock about this record. Alternative Rock with melodic tendencies ≠ Pop Rock.

>names applied to music don't exactly match my autist criteria
>Opinion discarded
ok then

You're just like the idiots who would say stuff like this.

rhcp is in a sense pop, to be fair

>rhcp is in a sense pop, to be fair

Seriously, tell me how the fuck Californication-era RHCP are not pop. Don't quote a text that you read once and you believed.

lol did u write that urself?

So you admit you're an idiot? I mean one of the comments there was very clearly made by you.

How the fuck are they even pop? They might have went a more melodic approach with Californication, but besides Scar Tissue and Porcelain, it's not really there. Around the World, Parallel Universe and I Like Dirt have Hard Rock meets Alternative elements into its energetic atmosphere, and Get On Top and Purple Stain are pure Funk meets Alt. Rock (the latter more funky than rock). Californication's simplistic, yet calm vibe harkens back to indie-esque songs from the 80s, and Otherside's eerie, melancholic ambience also harkens back to gothic rock-meets Smashing Pumpkins' surrealism. It's just not that pop.

I was talking about the guy who said that that album was radio rock, you dense moron.

And this was the actual picture I wanted to use.

You need to realise that alt rock is just a vague descriptor for a wave of punk-related bands from the 80s onwards rather than a legitimate genre with real musical characteristics. In the end, bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana and The Smashing Pumpkins all had elements of pop rock in their sound (along with hard rock and punk), which explains how they got so insanely popular in the 90s. Btw Purple Stain IS NOT alternative rock, despite the fact that RHCP are considered an alternative rock band. It is just a straightforward fusion of funk/rock instrumentation and pop melodies.

But Alternative Rock does have legitimate musical characteristics. Alternative is like music that bridges the gap between mainstream and independent/underground, that takes influences from both conventional and unconventional. A huge example of alt. rock's composition relies on the quiet, soft and/or melodic verses and heavy, explosive and distorted choruses.