AOTY 2017

This is an AOTY thread for folks whose AOTY wasn't loaded into a trough for them by asshole music "journalists" who couldn't give two shits if you lived or died.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ikl4y3dW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>go to their bandcamp
>critically acclaimed, lists reviews from pitchfork, bleep, the wire, the evening standard and many many more
From a quick listen they sound cool, but why are you putting on this pretence of contrarianism and independence when really they've been very well received by those journos you seem to hate?

I genuinely wasn't aware of it

Most probably this. I thought Death of Lover's debut would be my AOTY given how great The Absolute is, but it turns out the album is utter dogshit except this track.

This is a very strange, lo-fi, dubby, hypnagogic pop record, but I love it.

forgot image

Luminous Guitar Craft of the Alameda Duo

A beautiful blend of northern Poland, ancient Greece and the American west. Plucked guitar, oriental instruments, all recorded in a small brick church.

Checking this out now, thanks for the recommendation

you're welcome, me bucko

This is fantastic, anyone got any recs for music similar?

who is this

This might be their best release yet, getting a lot of motorik/krautrock vibes from it

Dann these guys got really popular. Good for them

Ariwo

Dalek- endangered philosophies

It's been a sad, sad year when this is the best thing out so far

this desu

lol jk

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ikl4y3dW0

>I only listen to pop music so I don't know about all the great stuff that came out this year.

I don't understand this post user. If your album was merely a joke, why did you post it? It's not like it'd be a bad thing if you liked the album (even if I myself don't consider it to be too good) if your intention was to deflect any bad comments away from you. Or maybe I'm just reading too far into this. Anyway explanation would be appreciated

I personally think it is this

I'm making fun of the shit album, genius.
>he thinks he doesn't listen exclusively to pop music
>he probably doesn't even know what "pop music" entails

Um

Isn't this an EP rather than an album? great stuff regardless

Pic related is some top quality noise rock, basically a supergroup formed of members from Deerhoof, Tera Melos, Wilco and Minutemen