Just recently started listening to Nirvana, any one got any suggestions for other grunge bands that are any good...

Just recently started listening to Nirvana, any one got any suggestions for other grunge bands that are any good, looking to explore the genre a bit

Surely must check:

Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
Alice in Chains

just looking at this list reminds me of how much I hate grunge

Soundgarden is the best one.

Green River, L7, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees

dont listen to Pearl Jam. You will be disappointed.

Hole. Live Through This is like Nirvana but better

the inverse for me desu

REEEEEEEE

Alice in Chains. The best 90's band t bqh

Failure

Melvins.

Do not listen to this idiot. What you're really looking for is Mudhoney, Green River, and Soundgarden BEFORE Louder Than Love

this nigga's got it. Do listen to alice in chains though.

amazing band, not grunge though, they all just came from the same area and melvins helped out newer bands such as nirvana.

green day

King Snake Roost, feedtime, Cosmic Psychos, The Mark Of Cain, Bloodloss, Lubricated Goat, The Birthday Party, Grong Grong, Fudge Tunnel, Swervedriver, Teenage Fanclub, (early) PJ Harvey, (early) Motorpsycho, Starfuckers, Massimo Volume, Uzeda, early Gang Of Four, Bailter Space (a bit more shoegazey, though), Telescopes, Terminal Cheesecake, Loop, The Hair & Skin Trading Company, Th' Faith Healers

A few of these are shoegaze or shoegaze adjacent, which is interesting

just listen to Stooges

Ten by Pearl Jam was good, the rest was questionable

Bait

It's bound to happen when discussing noisy 90s music.

Sure wish one of you grunge guys would put a bone in my stinky! mu is full of the best queers

Obviously check out the famous one's like Alice in Chains and SoundGarden, but also check out the lesser known ones that sprung up as well.

pretty patrician list. I'm stealing a few of these gems

There are a few more I could think of, but they sit much more comfortably on noise rock and/or post-punk categories. And then there's stuff like Therapy? which is pretty hard hitting industrial post-hardcore