Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too bad YOU... WILL DIE

That CGi is fucking terrible.

>An entity of a different plane of existance unbeknownst to time
>It's a frowny evil looking face

I fucking hate Marvel.

why does reddit love marvel and dr strange so much?

Sup Forums is DC territory

Let me guess. You thought BvS had better CGI?

this

This movie gets a lot of dicksuckage for its '''""amazing"""' special effects, but I found it entirely quotidian. Its either weird colourful spacey vomit, or structures extending in space. I've seen more creative interpretations of magick in low-budget Discworld adaptations

No, i don't watch capeshit.

Well I mean its either that or his original hothead look.

>Marvel completely change a character look
>It's ok

>DC does it
>everyone loses their minds

SMAUG?

>he doesn't like the design of villains based on a comic book made for children

People don't care when they change something that no one knows about

if you're talking about dormammu then eat a bullet dcuck

What theyre presenting doesn't exist in reality and cant be practically created. This is the art its inspired by, how is it fucking terrible? How in your eyes could this be visualized in a more realistic way?

I wanted to see his comic design, I dont understand how they arrived at something so baseless. Neither are really scary though.

Bet he prefer that to stay alive on one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously, each movie following the quirky Avengers and other superheroes as they fight their assorted boring villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the concrete cinematography, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Marvel Studios vetoed the idea of Tarantino directing Iron Man; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the comic books. The MCU might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

would rather have this, specially if he was human sized and stupidly powerful.

you know this is actually really impressive how just a simple camera angle changes he mood of a scene immensely.

MCU looks like a joke on every page, while DC looks like a hardboiled detective page.

So what movies do you like? I cant imagine having this thought process about everything I watch. As if if something isn't literature it's dogshit automatically with no exceptions. I like movies with artistic merit just like I like movies where men control ants to pull off heists. I dont believe you really feel this way, I feel like people who make these kinds of posts only talk like this on Sup Forums. If only for the fact that if you were having a conversation and said any of this people would treat you like the turbo autist you come off as now.

Also that pic doesnt somehow apply to all of DC, that currently only consists of three total movies, two of which by the same director. If you count all of DC, Christopher Nolan's cinematography was as simple as any Marvel Studios movie. Suicide Squad was visually ugly just like Wonder Woman and Justice League appear to be as well. I can also hardly take your film student text seriously when you included a picture encouraging console wars faggotry.

>Normies are so dumbs that they don't have a critic eye
Surprise!
In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

There's a reason why most of the formalist cinematic geniuses have taken inspirations from the comic books medium. Sergio Leone loved fumetti; Alain Resnais had the biggest comics collection of Europe in the 60's; Welles adapted The Shadow when he was still doing radio, Japanese new wave filmmakers adapted various manga and Seijun Suzuki even directed a Lupin III animated film...

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.

Dormammu is such a big guy

>I feel like people who make these kinds of posts only talk like this on Sup Forums

that and comment sections for movie trailers.

>baseless

?????

They probably wouldn't since you're drastically over estimating the consistent quality of superhero comics. Not the whole medium, superhero comics. They dont do any of what you're describing and havent since Kirby and other innovators were still around. Here's a shocker, they're generally even worse than these movies. Not everyone is Jack Kirby or Steve Ditko, not even most. Most people dont have your high standards, most artists would be honored if the movies were influenced by them at all, but of course that would all be better. Im sorry, nothing I say will fundamentally change your mind. Its clear you are much smarter than me and all those pesky stupid normies. Enjoy your cinema you no doubt exclusively enjoy.

I've come to meme

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ

Someones trying too hard to fit in here.

good watch

Pretty sure it's concept art you dip

>having to resort to camera angles and other exterior forces to convince you of a mood because the writing is so shit it can't do it by itself

I honestly didn't understand what was so bad about the "dark dimension". Strange was there and he seemed fine.

Yet again the villain is overcome physically but not intellectually. The audience is left with no choice but to side with the ideas of the villain, which of course made a shitload of sense.

>The audience is left with no choice but to side with the ideas of the villain
Considering how rushed the movie was, i doubt the audience had time to pick sides.

>Yet again the villain is overcome physically but not intellectually.
What are you talking about? The bad kungfu dude wanted to open a portal to the spooky dimension and Dormammu wanted to devour the Earth.

Some of the panels on the right work better depending on what the actual intent of the scene is.

Actually it kinda depends, for instance the general idea of the sixth frame on the left portrays the idea of "weak willed man who is in over his head with a strong willed boss who wants him to do something" which is what I feel is the purpose of the scene.

The way the man stands passively, slightly hunched over or slouching and looking kind of forlornly works better than the more active posture of the guy in the corresponding frame imo.

>Some of the panels on the right work better depending on what the actual intent of the scene is.

*left

fuck

>marvel redditor nerd rage detected

Space Groot?

I've come for you!

>a man is tortured and beheaded within the first minute of Doctor Strange
>"lol kids stuff"