Removes diamonds in the mine

>removes diamonds in the mine
Ahh, a perfect ten.

I'll never understand why people dislike that song. Love how shredded his vocals are on it, a lot of the songs on the album have that classic Cohen bitterness to them but that's the one that really sounds "hateful".

His voice is so fucking good on it, but it just doesn't fit the rest of the songs.

Lyrically it absolutely does. It's just showing the more energetic or I guess manic side of the same hate, anger and despair that permeates the rest of the album.

Literally the best song on the album kys

What do you mean?
The album is called songs of love and hate.
Diamonds in the mind is clearly an angry song it literally makes the album so much better

>people dislike that song
First time I've been exposed to this idea

>Remove all the songs

20/10

Lyrically it fits, but musically it's too far from the other songs. It's too country where the rest of the songs are clearly folk music.

>too country
Oh okay, this guy just doesn't know what he's talking about, pack it up boys.

ur just butthurt cause all the trees got burnt in ur promise land

Nigger listen to avalanche. Is it country? No. Listen to last year's man. Is it country? No. Listen to dress reheasal rag. Is it country? No. All these songs are dark and depressing as fuck both lyrically and musically. Then comes Diamonds in the mine, a song that is clearly not as dark and depressing musically, and at least for me, it breaks the mood that has been set by the preceding songs.

*by this I am not saying that country can't be dark and depressing

I don't hate it but it's probably the weakest

He has lots of hateful songs on the album but are more subtle about it which fit better like Dress Rehearsal Rag which has several allusions to suicide.

Tbh bit off topic but I need more songs like Avalanche

Did you hear the nick cave version of it? Totally with you on this. It hits so fucking hard.

I have, but it doesn't quite have the heavy hitting depressive vibe.

>make all the songs sound like Last Year's Man
>10/10

I wish he'd done more songs in the style of Diamonds in the Mine

I feel personally attacked.

joan of arc>avalanche>diamonds in the mine>dress rehearsel rag>sing another song boys>famous blue raincoat>last year's man>love calls you by your name
theyre all great though