Why did he turn into confetti?

Why did he turn into confetti?

so he would never forgetti

/thread

cause they had to fuck just one more thing in these movies before it was over
his death in the books is so amazing because he's lying there like a starfish and it underlines his eventual mortality
by making him turn into confetti they removed that aspect of his death and turned him into another generic villain who is like a monster from a videogame

so fucking dumb

To celebrate the fact that one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises is finally over. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

It was his birthday

JUST

JUST

Because his palms were sweaty

You're such a fucking loser lmao

>18 minutes after OP

You're slipping

fuck all this stupid harry potter threads

So bookfags could complain some more like the nerds they are

Go to your 300th star war thread

are you literally defending this thread?

Reminder that this actual redditor thinks star wars 7 is good
Like fucking actually

only because you were triggéred

what the fuck are you talking about i hate the force awakens its the worst one yet

I think the logic behind it was that he had no more lifeforce left after all of his horcruxes were destroyed. But it WAS better in the book because he was made to look pathetic. I don't miss the drawn out pew-pew battle in the courtyard(I also don't miss the drawn out pew-pew battle in HBP after Dumbledore gets killed) but Voldemort just dissolving after losing the Elder wand was weird and silly. And coming after that weird and silly flying scene(TUGETHA!) it felt like they were trying to undermine the importance of the moment. It should have at least had the same level of impact as Harry's sacrifice and rebirth.
Great file name BTW.

because they wanted it to look cool in 3D

Same with Bellatrix. Both of these scenes were reshot so they would look better in 3D. There are set photos of Voldy's body just slumped over dead as is canon with the book

Pic related

>tfw to intelligent two enjoy anything Harry Potter related aside from Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Less Wrong

it's probably the only fanfic I actually liked to read.

t. dumb american teen

>rated PG-13

What the fuck

you posted this before

Abortion is legal!

and im going to keep posting it as long as people are making harry plebber threads

part 1 was cut to avoid an R rating

But it accomplishes nothing aside from making YOU look stupid.

Nobody cares what you think on a dead superhero board

Welcome to the city of pandering to americans
please don't say p*ss or b*gger

You're a hero.
Keep up the good work.

My favourite pasta. I'm going to start posting it too if you don't mind?

t. the pastaman

They say nigger in philosophers stone twice and piss a bunch of times

Go suck Eliezer's tiny little cock elsewhere

see

They fucked the whole ending up not only that. The last three movies fucked everything up.

How the fuck did they manage to not develop the villain with 8 fucking movies, Seriously.
None of his motivations are ever addressed, none of Dumbledore's either.

Dumbledore is just good and Voldemort is just bad and that's fucking it with 8 movies.
It's beyond me how can some people defend that as a good adaptation or a good movie...

I mean, i can forgive Voldemort not being put on his place in front of everyone and then dying a mundane death but to waste so many chances to develop the characters really pisses me off.

Kino

It made sense though because it wasn't his real body. It was artificial and unstable.

Because rowling is a hack

love it.

>None of his motivations are ever addressed
But he had no motivations besides being evil. He was an evil kid, an evil teenager, an evil adult, and an evil dark wizard, obsessed with dumb shit like the Slytherin bloodline and purity, despite being a mudblood.

But that was a decision for the movie, idiot.

Because Hogwarts is a party far far away.

>No motivation

>Voldemort having no self-esteem, to the point of wanting to become some kind of Wizard God to prove himself and others how awesome he was.

Not that it was a good motivation, specially since J Hack Rowling didn't write the story from his POV, but there was one.

it looked cool for the movie, and having Voldemort crumble away was more fitting for audiences than him just being shot and slumping over dead, showing that he was just another wizard at the end of the day. Albeit a very powerful and fucked up wizard, but still
IDK what anyone says the booms ending was much better.
people will probably argue his soul was split so many times he wasnt full whole or some shit

The book sucked though. Reading book seven felt like I was being pranked. This is it? Harry and Hermione spend half their time flying around in a deus ex tent mobile room of requirement. What the actual fuck? The duel between Harry and Voldemort is underwhelming as fuck too. After the build up from Goblet of Fire through Half Blood Prince, I was expecting much, much more.

Was everybody in your theater audibly disgusted by this scene?

The big problem was that Harry sucked. A competent duel would've been between Voldemort and Hermione.

So thats what kind of shoes dark lords wear

Stopped reading at Half Blood Prince (I was about 15 I think).
Are the other next books worth a read after having watched the movies already? I feel like something easy to read.

You're only missing one book.

Fantastical Beast is a text book, and the awful play is an awful play. Go for it and join us while we mock the naming abilities of Harry and Ginny.

I think you are op, always op to bump your harry potter threads

>awful play is an awful play
>when the book was released by timeline and newsfeed were full of normies gushing about how incredible and awesome the book is and how crazy the plot is
>wikipedia the plot
>its literally chock full of fan fiction tier shit a teen would write
>tons of time travel fuckery
>mary sue chick who is actually Voldemorts daughter with Bella Lestrange
>Harry has to watch and let his own parents die so the world can be saved

fucking worthless dogshit. normies will literally eat shit, pay top dollar for it and rave about how amazing it was. Rowling has only damaged Harry Potter since the release of the last book. Outing Dumbledore for no fucking reason at all was the tipping point.

>You're only missing one book.
Ah thats right. Movies had me thinking there were 2 more

Rowling went to ff.net and said "Oh, this is what my fans want!"

It would've been a little less awful if the kid was Voldemort's grandkid, because then it would mean that he had sex with someone when he was young, charming and able to get it up instead of no dick Voldy cucking Rodolphus.

If I was Rowling I would do it to.

You're missing Sirius's missing daughter that somehow ends up marrying Harry.

It would have been a little less awful if we got a mature, grown up sequel following Harry and Ron as Aurors tracking down a new group of radical dark wizards who don't have anything to do with Voldemort or Grindelwald and are trying to do something like, force magic upon everybody, or force a massive confrontation between wizards and muggles world wide. Or investigating some sinister conspiracy within the Ministry itself.

Think True Detective meets Harry Potter, kinda. Ron is divorced from Hermione and is a drunk, half burned out and Harry is obsessed with getting out away from his own shadow.

I still can't get over that fucking awful epilogue though. That was also complete and utter fan fiction tier and honestly was a big flashing neon sign of the things to come.

>this edgy teenager bullshit
>mature

My sister was reading a fanfic that had more or less this plot. My only fucking problem was that it was making everybody gay.

But hey, at least Ginny was divorcing Harry, and James was going to jail with a law that Hermione pushed for almost killing another kid by accident.

its not fair

CAUSE IT'S PARTY TIME

If you actually think it was the worst one and you've scene the abortions that were attack of the clones and the phantom menace then you're a fucking cretin.

It's better than time travel crap, Mary Sues out the ass and every other fan fiction level fuckery you can think of. It's "mature" for the Harry Potter world. And the best choice is obviously not to do a sequel but Rowling just couldn't resist and she went about it in the worst way possible.

There was a plethora of things she could have done for a sequel series and she chose to make it about Harry's stupid kids and their awful adventure.

Nah, Rowling has said that Harry's the best duelist of the trio post goblet of fire (when he actually starts practicing for the triwizard tournament).

The problem is that any of the DA members could barely stand up to most of the adult Death Eaters or Order members in a flat out duel. Wizards a tier down from Riddle (Snape, Shacklebolt, Bellatrix etc) would kill them L I T E R A L L Y every time. After Dumbledore died, Voldemort was unbeatable through standard dueling.

Always pictured that the American and Japanese Ministry of Magic were alot more competent that their European counterparts and that's why the Voldemort shit didn't fly with them.

God i cant belive i actually liked this series once upon a time.

The first 3 movies where passable but just like the books they got needlessly convoluted, stupid and dark.

Shes a hack writer fucking britcuck.

Last 2 movies where hilariously bad

Harry was always protected by dumb luck and I never thought of him being more than a little above average. Then again, Hermione might know more spells but she panics quickly and would get stuck, so there's that.

It's a shame that we never got, in book or movie, a good magic duel. Dumbledore vs Voldemort at the Ministry could've been that, but it was cut short.

Yes yes well done voldemort well done HOWEVER

>Rowling went to ff.net and said "Oh, this is what my fans want!"
Daily reminder that Rowling didn't even write Cursed Child.

Has anyone disproven this with an equal-length refutation? It's weird, because I used to love Harry Potter as a kid, but now I hate it.

And thats whats even worse. All of these normies raving about it don't even realize that. It's literally fan fiction in the worst way.

There's nothing to disprove.

In the books doesn't Harry just basically tell him "do it fuccboi", and then the spell bounces off him and hits Voldemort? And then he basically kinda gets blown back a little and flops to the ground?

Did they really have to rape such an interesting final battle with this generic energy-clash shit with an exaggerated death?

God Hollywood needs to fuck off.
So does JK Rowling though.

Is it just me or does Voldermort's head look caved in. Holy shit, did Harry take a chunk of rock and crush his skull (just to make sure)? That's hardcore.

You say that like you've refuted anything in that pasta. Dumb pleb, go read actual literature and stop watching anti-art trite Hollywood cash-cows.

except for hurt feelings

Cursed Child literally features Ebony Dementia Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way as a character.

I have no idea why anybody would pay for that.

>Then again, Hermione might know more spells but she panics quickly and would get stuck, so there's that.

Yeah, that's the point. Harry is a less competent wizard, but far more of a natural fighter. Dueling is honestly closer to athleticism than it is academics.

Gold, Jerry!

The energy clash happened in the book as well.

On a side note, the problem with the Harry Potter books is that Rowling tried to make the series age with its audience. It worked best as a magical series for kids where the logic and practicalities of a technologically incompetent wizard society hiding among regular people didn't matter. Turning it into a dark and gritty series where people start getting murdered and tortured all the time just went against the grain of the core framework and tone established by the early books so hard that it derailed everything that made it remotely enjoyable to begin with.

I saw J. K. Rowling at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The guy at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear him, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When he took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped him and told him to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After he scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting him by yawning really loudly.

In the final volume of the book Expelliar Me (2007), J.K. Rowling recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have read Harry Potter over 100 times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop reading the books, because, as Rowling told him, "this is going to be an ill effect on your life." The fan was stunned at first, but later thanked her (though some sources say it went differently). Rowlingis quoted as saying: "'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to read Harry Potter again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities and is reading my other books like The Casual Vacancy" Rowling grew so tired of modern audiences apparently knowing her only for her writing of Harry Potter and not The Casual Vacancy that she would throw away the mail she received from Gryffondor fans without reading it.

>attack of the clones and the phantom menace
Are good films.

Because it was a happy ending

kek

Was voldemort a virgin?

A better question is, was he a Wright Brothers "dedicated to my legacy; no time for women" virgin, or an Elliot Rodgers "why can't women see I'm the supreme gentleman" virgin?

Voldemort and Dumbledore were static as fuck in the books too, user. After Azkaban the books went to shit. The first three are great children's literature and Azkaban is just the right shade of dark. Then Rowling tried to be mature and deep but apparently learned how to do that from DeviantArt fanfics.

There's literally no active Star Wars threads you gay bastard

I'm still surprised they actually adapted this part.

Still pissed they didn't faithfully adapt the Sectumsempra scene (well, a long with fucking up about everything else in HBP too), that shit was violent and gory as fuck in the book, it literally split Malfoy right open including his entire face.

he was supposed to be like the number one chad when he was at hogwarts so probably not

then again he could have been like the former in this post

Half Blood Prince is the best book in the series IMO. It's by far the best paced and written, and while it has a lot less action than the others, it's the most intimate in terms of Harry and Dumbledore's relationship, and Voldemort's backstory.

The movie is a god awful adaption that skips over half the book, including very important segments of Voldemort, Dumbledore and horcrux backstory shit.

No, he impregnated Bellatrix.

thats a first you new friend

>MoR
>Good
Who the fuck do you think you're fooling? It's the most obnoxious masturbation in written form this side of Terry Goodkind, and the sheer wasted potential caused by his desire to wank himself off is even more tragic.

>mein kampf
>high tier
el em ay oh

Why did he turn into fat Johnny Depp?