What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Incompetent studio.

he did a fine cameo. it was never supposed to be about him.

everything

Nothing. Ledger is a hard act to follow. He did well enough.

David Ayre styling him after Mexican drug lords and letting a man who can't do improv do improv for the entire character

he was a glorified cameo
nothing worth judging out of a 3 min. "performance"

look mom i posted it again xD

Method acting.

It's called method acting, not improv.
Also Ayer let all the main cast ad-lib lines when they were in character for the movie.
He even encouraged it and had a lot of fun with it.

bad writing

No marvel logo

White men are evil.

he did both if you look at the script and believe all the cringy marketing about jared leto thinking hes the joker for months

He is just not that good at acting.

they hyped him up so hard but didn't give him enough screen time. i'd love to see a stand-alone leto joker film.

let's just hope DC doesn't try to steal marvel's "teen audience" with the next film. we need a spiritual successor to the dark knight.

Nothing went wrong. He (deceptively) marketed the shit out of a movie that he was barely in and made them hundreds of millions.

he was shit

This. Jared Leto is a fine actor but it's just a poor interpretation of the character. Batman's villains are heavily influenced by those from Dick Tracy so even newer Batman comic villains which don't keep that vibe like Bane (sorry Sup Forums) don't really fit into the series as well like a newer villain such as say Scarface who does. So making one who otherwise had into Marilyn Manson from the Tainted Love video just doesn't work.

Nothing at all. He was a good Joker, and gets better with every viewing.

>i'd love to see a stand-alone leto joker film.
The amount of wanton Sup Forums shitposting this would create will be astronomical.

marketing department