youtube.com/watch?v=jgpJVI3tDbY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1OrfZI-JRXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*subgenre

>classical
>genre
I don't have enough brainlet images on my harddrive to describe how dumb u are

Why do they put Chopin with Bach as if they are stylistically similar?

I know this is a bait thread, but beethoven is basically pop. Edgy teens just want to see enlightened so they grip onto the whole "beethoven and bach are the greatest musicians ever" meme and destroy all good classical discussion forever. It's a shame, discussing other classical stuff would be fun and maybe i would get back into the genre then.

nice trips. you could make a much bigger claim for mozart being pop, i dont know why you singled out beethoven from that video. i agree that he's not the best composer, but he still has some amazing works

Romantic period classical is easy mode. Try Steve Reich, Stravinsky, or Stockhausen if you don't want pleb classical taste.

>Steve Reich

way better than romance era classical at least

>CLASSICAL
>A FUCKING GENRE
Fucking hell.

If you don't like phase pieces you're a pleb

it literally is a genre

It's an era

o shit beethoven was hot

classical snobs are retarded
like why would you throw out an entire era of classical music
there's great art from every period and you're all retarded for trying to turn the evolution of western music into power rankings

>if i post images of laughter and brainlets my argument is unbeatable!

thank you, have an upboat

No he's not, and if you genuinely believe this then I have a difficult time believing that you would capable of having any conversation about classical. If you mean that people should seek out other composers aside from the big 3, then that's understandable, but saying that they're pop and that they are overrated is ridiculous.

yea, it's not pop in terms of harmony, melody, and especially form. The pop of classical music is something like Yiruma

it has a little c

nice quints
oh wait

After listening to a lot of Jazz, my appreciation for classical has diminished. The musical conversations in jazz are far more riveting to me. The excitement and awe that arise with improvisation is amazing. The synthesis of the sophistication of Western Art Music with the diversity of world folk forms and the challenge of jazz conversation is the true pinnacle of music to me. Davis' second quintet is the prime example.

It's an exaggeration. It's "pop" in that it's uses incredibly basic and easy to understand chord progressions and harmonies compared to classical music that came after it. People who meme about that kind of music being complex haven't studied it.

They don't, you really just wanted to sound "smart".

They didn't imply that at all.

Very relaxing music.
youtube.com/watch?v=1OrfZI-JRXY
Stockhausen is good too. His music is just one long dominant 9th.