*ruins the nba*

*ruins the nba*

Yep

>you now remember when people thought the Miami Heat were going to ruin the NBA
we were so innocent

But they did. They legitimized stars jumping to super teams

Why is the rest of the Warriors not celebrating with KD?

sure they set a precedent but the team itself was small potatoes compared to the current Warriors

They know he's a punk.

*makes Sup Forums uncontrollably asshurt*

Fixed

Look guys! I joined a 73 win team with 3 all stars to win this!

KD is leaving confirmed.

He is going back to OKC to win one for the Homa. LeBron-esque.

Based KD

They wouldn't take him back.

Only niggers are happy about this

Oh sorry, don't mind me, just coming through with my rendition of Atlas

He'll come home to Seattle once they get their team back

>Westbrook on pooicide watch

That's what Cleveland said too...

Westbrook wouldn't have him back. Even with those two, they wouldn't have a chance.

But he is not from da Homa. He will go to DC

>destroy parity of league
>make sport unfun to watch
>bandwagon to team that beat him
>"haha everyone is just mad xddd"

>*wins finals mvp*

in your dreams
Thunder games have been selling out for ages

>get mad as fuck and constantly bring up when LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did it
>nobody talks about how Boston did it first

KG, Pierce, Allen did it first honestly. And they were still in the prime of their careers when they did it too, not even counting Rondo and Tony Allen who were still young as shit. This whole Super team shit is ruining the NBA though. It's gotten to the point where it's going to be Cleveland vs GSW every year...and now with Durant...it might as well be GSW every year. Why waste my time watching if GSW is guaranteed to win every year? At least 4-5 years ago when the Western Confencer was a wild wild west and anybody could come out it was at least somewhat interesting but even then the east was ruined by the fact that Miami was pretty much guaranteed to win as well. Super teams do nothing but ruin the fucking sport, regardless of the conference, teams, or players.

God I sincerely hope you aren't older than 14

I hope KD suffers a career ending injury. What a pussy ass bitch.

>make sport unfun to watch
Why because he's not on your team?
Speak for yourself, Cuckalier

What was wrong about what he said?

It's only a matter of time before the Sonic's are back in Seattle. Doesn't matter if its an expansion team or not. Doesn't matter if it happens this year, next year or next decade. It will happen.

[spoiler]The thought of being potential inter-divisional rivals with OKC makes my dick hard[/spoiler]

Just imagine the offseason free agency. If you want to win a ring in the east coast, you have to sign with Cleveland. And if you want to win a ring in the west, you have to sign with GS. Next years NBA finals is going to be Cavs vs GS once again. There just isn't any team that can take them.

shut the fuck up you dumb moron. boston got their team through trades. LeBron made his team in free agency faggot

go to bed russ

Just form your own faction of all stars you feel you can best mesh with

Which makes the sport absolutely shit and a complete fucking joke. Why even have 28 other fucking teams then?

We might as well remove the other teams and just have 8 Eastern and Western teams and stack them with fucking superstars and have the rest of the players and teams turned into a fucking D-League or Semi-Pro league or some shit. What's even the fucking point anymore?

>being this much of a dumb fucking nigger
He didn't form shit in off-season. He decided to sign with Miami. Wade was already there because it was his team. Bosh decided to sign with Miami as well. 2 people decided to come to that team, unless you're referring to when Allen decided to betray Boston and ring chase as well. You make it seem like he convinced Wade, Bosh and everyone else to specifically sign to Miami when 98% of that roster was already there from the get go. The point I'm making is super teams are cancer point blank just don't cherry pick when it's bad and it isn't....Boston is guilty of that shit too faggot, they don't get a pass.

debate this

*whips out my kD*

What annoys me is that nobody talks about the lakers Chris Paul veto. That's what ruined the lakers years ago. They wouldn't allow that to happen but they allow the warriors and Cavs to develop into what they are now fuck that shit.

I don't see your point? The Warriors lost last year showing that even though the Warriors were a really good team, they needed something more. Or should a team leave things significantly up to chance with a very good chance of losing every finals until LeBron retires? I would say just having LeBron without absolute trash players other than him isn't fair and also constitutes a super team comparable to the Warriors. Besides why does no one complain that the Cavs made it to what, 7 consecutive finals? Because one player is doing it? Big deal give him absolute shit other than him then.

hey man the Heat gave us fantastic Finals in 2011 and 2013 and the 2014 Finals were not competitive but were hilariously entertaining nonetheless. That's good for the NBA. And in the 2012 year where the Heat easily beat the Thunder, we got the amazing ECF against the Celtics which went 7 games.

Going 16-1 and having 99% of people saying you'll win all the way back in July is not good for the NBA.

The Cavs didn't make it to 7 consecutive Finals you retard, LeBron did, 4 years in Miami and 3 years in Cleveland and he did it because he's that good of a player despite how much I hate him and his cry baby bullshit. The Durant signing is honestly is the ONLY TIME IN HISTORY his crying was actually warranted. Draymond, Klay, Steph vs Kyrie, LeBron, Love was very fucking fair in my opinion and that doesn't even account for how much better the Warriors bench players were miles better than Cleveland but even then, they had a big 3 vs big 3 and that's fair....them signing Durant just makes shit unbalance.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try and go out and get another all-star to combat them, specifically a scorer that create their own shot like Kyrie. Are there any players like that available this Free Agency?

>Why even have 28 other fucking teams then

Greedy Owners

The ABA was created to merge with the NBA because a merger fee cost less for owners than joining the league outright. This led to the Pacers, Spurs, Nuggets, and Nets. 3 of those franchises have yet to win a ring.

Then you had a round of expansion in cities where there was absolutely no demand for basketball, but owners get a hefty bonus everytime a team comes into the league. So that added the Magic, Heat, Wolves, Raptors, Grizzlies, and Hornets. 5 of those 6 have never won a ring and 4 of those 6 have never even been to the Finals.

That's 10 franchises added in like 20 years, and all of them aside from the Heat and Spurs are basically worthless.

>NBA Finals sponsored by Spiderman
>Durantula

RIGGED

If you have the option to sign Durant, why the fuck wouldn't you? And if you're Durant and getting old and have the option to sign with GSW, why the fuck wouldn't you?

Sports is NOT about being fair, it's about doing EVERYTHING in your power to crush your opponents as long as it follows the rules of the sport and isn't considered extremely dirty. If it was about being fair then there should be more balancing so that teams like the Sixers aren't a bottom feeder for 12+ years in a row since Iverson retired. Even the NFL which has the salary cap clearly isn't fair when teams like the Browns haven't made the playoffs in like 20 years.

Besides, the Cavs were still really in those finals. They almost won both of their home games and if that had happened, the loss tonight wouldn't have ended it and this could have come down to game 7 and despite having Durant it still could have gone to anyone.

I can't wait for 3 more years of Cavs/Warriors finals. I'm excited for Cleveland to add 1 or 2 near MVP caliber players from other teams so it can swing back in the Cavs favor!
This league is a joke. It's fucking embarrassing how bad this product is.

Cry some more.

Hahahahahahahaha only in amerilard """""sports""""" people will actually give shit to a player who wants to play with the best players and win titles, it's impossbile to even imagine this "controversy" happening in another sport not ruled by the draft/franchise system.

Apparently you virgins want players to be permanently attached to their original teams, forever, regardless of how good is the team or how likely he is to win a ring. Then again if Sup Forums had their way they'd still all be picking cotton, so whatever.

((((BASKETBALL REASONS))))

>lolbarcawins

All of the great players need to pile onto 4 teams (Cavs, Golden State, Celtics, Spurs) so we can enjoy the next few years while the league figures out a good solution to its parity issues.

considering CP3's track record in the playoffs I think the Lakers dodged a bullet

its a similar argument of people who says our nation league of football sucks because players have "no loyalty"

Honestly, the college and draft system is the worst possible way to foster young talent ever devised in any discipline in human history.

Why do you lock up the best young talent to the most dysfunctional and garbage team? I can't imagine if fucking Messi had to play an amateur league only to be sent to Atletico Bilbao for a couple more years, if not his entire career.

jungle nigger, please remove your nigger self from this thread.

this guy literally won the series, curry aka burn victim looking ass barely did shit else

Oklahoma City is a stain on the NBA. They should have never left Seattle. I think it is glorious and righetous vengeance that KD won outside of OKC. Fuck that city. Karma is a bitch.

Listen to his post interview, he's praising everybody else's performances rather than himself. It's obvious that he moved not because of selflessness, but because of selflessness

SOON

But they didn't this year.

Are there u fucking stupid because huehue

One of the GREATEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY leaves his championship contending team to join THE GREATEST, MOST STACKED TEAK EVER IJ JBA HISTORY

Are you fucking kidding me huehue? You dont see a problem with this? You dont see how this ruins the experience as a fan? You dont see how the championship is already won before then season starts?

Its fucking absurd. Its sad to see. Uninteresting. Tainted

DA: "hey kevin, lemme have garnett for a bag of basketballs and i'll give you a quick blowie when we meet for dinner after you get fired for your gross incompetence"
KM: "sounds good!"

the Thunder were never going to be championship contenders as long as Russell was on the team.

That would require the NBA giving a flying fuck about it's parity issues, which they won't until it actually eats into their pockets.
I love basketball but the NBA is fucking dead. Breaks my heart.

>hurr durr Westbrook won't win a ring

Dumb nigger they literally could've won a ring in 2012 if they didn't have to face a STACKED ASS MIAMI SUPER TEAM. Further more proving that super teams are fucking cancer. It's just that much more funny now because LeBron is complaining about super teams or needing more help when he was on a super team and it's even more comical when you read those old tweets the bitch made faggot Durant posted when it happened about not joining up. Everybody are hypocrites. Everybody has something to say until they're in that person's position and then suddenly it's "the hard road" and "what's best for me"....but on the outside looking in it's so easy to criticize.

is your definition of a super team just a team that's good now? i.e. a team with a lot of good players?

Shaw did the same thing sorta

A super team is a team that's stacked with multiple (3 or more all-stars/superstars or Top 5 players).

Boston - Pierce, KG, Allen, you can make an argument for Rondo although I think that turtle looking bitch was trash but he was le dribble around and past at the last second assist man so do with him what you will.

Miami - LeBron, Wade, Bosh. And later on Ray Allen as well.

Golden State - Klay, Steph, Draymond, Iggy. And now Durant.

Cleveland - Kyrie, Love, LeBron. You can argue J.R. but I wouldn't include him because the dickhead is way too streaky and inconsistent but for arguments sake I guess we can throw him in there as well.

Since my previous post was mentioning how OKC lost let's look at their roster at the time, you had WestGod and you had KD...that's it. I guess an argument could be made for Ibaka but he was just a defensive stopper at that point and was hitting 3's like Bosh. They have that fat piece of shit lazy nigger Perkins. And they had James "drive into the paint, throw the ball up like D-Wade and hope for a foul" Harden, who wasn't an all-star or superstar at the time. So basically KD and Westbrook vs the super team of Miami.

That's the difference between a team with good players/system vs a super team. A team with good players would be D-Rose's old Chicago team with that gritty defense. That Atlanta Hawks team from like 2 years ago that gave Cleveland a run for it's money and went on that crazy run. Memphis as well as Toronto although I think the Raps are garbage and are just a meme team.

The only place the line gets blurred is when you bring up the Spurs and I only say that because some people would argue that Tony Parker and Ginobli were Top 5 players although I'd disagree that they were never Top 5 for their positions in their career. Duncan was the only Top 5 player on that team and now Kawhi.

typo, I meant that Ibaka WASN'T hitting 3's at that point and wasn't really focal part of their offense so I wouldn't consider him to make up a BIG 3 for OKC...at least not that that time.

The warriors lost Bogut and curry was still fucked up from his injury. Those injuries and Draymond getting suspended are the reasons they lost. A healthy 2016 warriors would kill this cavs team even with Harrison Barnes shitting up the place.

One things for sure, Westbrook would have showed up. He would have dropped 35+ PPG. The Cavs wouldn't immediately go negative 25 points the second LeBron rested.

If Russ was on the Cavs instead of Kyrie this series wouldn't be over.

This. They fucking put the idea into that faggot Dwight Howard's head.

Nigger you would have won a hip if you could just make your fucking free throws in 2009

Mother fuck

>Sup Forums hates super teams
>watches NBA more than ever

Yeah, no. I'd much rather have the super team era than the boring ass Spurs who nobody watches.

Unlike LeBron, Kobe wasn't exactly an NBA or media darling. I also wouldn't be surprised if Stern simply didn't want to give the Lakers another chance to dominate like they've done practically throughout their history. The effect's been pretty bad though, fuck Stern and his Jew faggotry.

kek

I know nothing about NBA. Did Jordan, Pippen and Rodman all get drafted by the bulls at some point? Or were fans mad that some of them joined the stacked bulls as free agents to get rings?

please die

>Did Jordan, Pippen and Rodman all get drafted by the bulls at some point?
Jordan and Pippen were drafted, Rodman was traded.
>Or were fans mad that some of them joined the stacked bulls as free agents to get rings?
I didn't watch the NBA back then, but Rodman joining didn't catch much flack because he was already in his mid-30s and considered a washed-up gamble outside of his rebounding.

>Sports is NOT about being fair

If this is the view of the average NBA fan then I can't wait for the entire league to fucking die off. I used to really love watching Basketball now its fucking unbearable to watch with how much the league and its jew owners fuck with the sport every year.

Good job ignoring the rest of that paragraph, m8.

NBA and its jew commissioner change the fucking rules at any whim. Fuck precedents. Your all star team that won the most games ever in a season need another all star? No problem.

Whats parity lol? We just need our shekels.

He's actually 14 and doesn't remember how beatable the Heat were in the playoffs. They won drawn out Finals, not near-blowouts.

This won't happen due to the salary cap balancing out. Warriors struck gold with KD cuz of that big jump in available cash, but that window is closed I think.

And now Dan Gilbert will know true pain for his meddling.

>Stern didn't want to give the Lakers another chance to dominate like they've done pratically throughout their history

Well it completely failed seeing as how they won 5 out of the possible 10 championships in the 00s decade.

>And if you're Durant and getting old

He was 27 when he signed last year. This isn't the NFL -- he's talented enough to play well into his 30s. He totally jumped ship early. If he were LeBron's age, then sure I'd see your point but not right now.

>If it was about being fair then there should be more balancing so that teams like the Sixers aren't a bottom feeder for 12+ years

The sixers can't piece together a team with their draft picks. That's bad management, ownership and scouting. Not the NBA's fault. They can't just gift them wins.

> Even the NFL which has the salary cap clearly isn't fair when teams like the Browns haven't made the playoffs in like 20 years.

Also not a good comparison. Bad NFL teams like the Browns have godawful ownership and retarded drafting (lolManziel) hindering the team more than a talent imbalance present in the NBA right now.

Not even Sterns jew power can contain Jerry Wests ability to win championships.

>people on Sup Forums unironically believe that when you leave a team it should be for the purpose of going to an even worse team
>unless its lebron, lebron can do whatever he wants
I actually hate the retards on this board

im legit laughing at you losers

the warriors do everything the right way and its still not good enough for you faggots

sorry you live in da land and eat literal horse shit every day maybe we can help y'all out

7-1

He didn't want Kobe to have 6 rings

Literally no one said this lol. Thunder blew a 3-1 lead, remember. They could be seen as equal to or better than the warriors if KD (ironically) doesn't shit himself in the Finals. Then KD leaves to the team he chokes it all away to, instead of taking it back to them.

yeah KD comes off as a little bit of a bitch in this situation, but history is only going to remember that as the footnote, not the rings he will win.

people thinking the rings are fraudulent because he joined a great team, are idiots or former superstars who never got rings when they tried to do the same thing. IE: malone and barkley, one of which is on record as a warrior hater

I actually don't mind what lebron does, and lebron himself loves that KD went to the warriors as he stated when he said if he was an owner he would sign everyone, its basically just bitter retards that think this league EVER had parity, when in fact, it never did and has always been filled with super teams.

people can bitch now, but people won't remember KD being a pussy, only the faggots from Sup Forums will remember that, everyone else will remember the rings and the LEGACY of the upcoming dynasty

You're right people won't remember the super teams. Because they are always forgotten. Its the teams that fucking grind and work through injuries or losses and earn their fucking championships.

The Warriors will not be remembered as one of those teams, not after signing on KD. Who the fuck wants to watch a sport where the seasons outcome is called before it even starts?

KD could've went to ANY team that wasn't the Warriors. Spurs...Cavs....Raptors....Wizards....any fucking team with an actual chance to win a ship....would he had gotten flack for abandoning OKC? Yes. But it wouldn't be ANYWHERE CLOSE to being as bad as the going to the team that beat you. That's like some random dude called you a faggot, so you decide to fight him....he kicks your ass and in the process he takes your fingers and jam in them up your ass all while your friends and family are watching this and some random faggot is screaming WORLDSTAR and recording it...and 3 months after this you decide to be friends with the same faggot that kicked your ass and made you finger yourself.

Let me reiterate, he could've went ANYWHERE that wasn't GS and it would've been alright but going to the team that came back being down 1-3....literally losing 3 games in a row and getting BTFO by lightskin fuckboys...and then running to be besties with them like a beta bitch? LeBron has done some lame shit in his career and up until 2015 I was the biggest LeBron hater, but Lelbron has never done anything remotely as pussy as the shit KD pulled but he got a ring so I guess it worked out for him.

How are Sup Forums so sure that people will forget? We have internet.

hey faggot he just won finals mvp averaging 33 points per game with like 8 boards and 7 ast

like what the fuck are you even arguing at this point your whole shit is impoverished

Hahaha no. That Magic team lived and died by a bunch of average to above average players draining threes, it historically never works unless you have HoF memechuckers on your team.

your whole fucking city and organization is syria tier

this is autism

lots of people, apparently, since this was the highest ratings in a while

also, this is what super teams do to the league, magics lakers, birds celtics, kobes lakers, lebrons heat, lebrons cavs, the warriors, its all the same, they all destroy the league and make the regular season irrelevant, and most of the post season as well.

this league has always been 82 games of jack shit and then the real sports happen, cept that the classic battles people remember are pulled from a literal sea of no parity and trash basketball

>"fuck yeah i'm proud to be a bandwagoner!"

How is that relevant?

>hurr durr buzzwords

Nice argument nigger.

And he couldn't do that while in OKC? Of course not because he needed Steph, Klay and Apemond. He needed a fucking super team to win a championship. He's tarnished his legacy because now it'll always be "he ran to the team that kicked his ass to get a ring". The only way he could've redeemed himself is if Dray, Klay, and Steph played like complete bullshit averaging like 15PPG and he single-handedly carried them to a ring with literally no help. But that would never happen because he's on a stacked ass team with 3 other Superstars lol but you bandwagon niggers continue to swallow KD's cock.

A Spurs team with KD would've blown the warriors and cavs the fuck out, tbqh