youtu.be/18qD9hmU9xg
youtube.com/watch?v=4-MVMbm6c0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

maybe if youre a pol dwelling mouthbreather

If kino means boring as fuck then yes.

Why did moot turn into skeltal?

Angry aliens detected.

It's really cool the first time you watch it as a teenager and it's quotable but ehhhh I'm gonna say no. It doesn't hold up, it hasn't got any truly memorable moments/scenes nor is it very re-watchable.

That's a curious comment. I put on my Redpill glasses, and your words changed to "hehehe, more blood for Israel!"

What did you mean by this?

It's dumb, over-the-top fun, like most Carpenter. Much better to watch with a group of friends than alone.

'memorable scenes and moments' and rewatchability do not a Kino make, my friend.

The answer they were looking for,op, was 'yes'

>it hasn't got any truly memorable moments/scenes
nigga you retarded

I've only ever worn problematic glasses and all I see is that YOU'RE FUCKIN A WHITE MALE

good doco

this! watch better sci fi movies like the new upcoming disney star wars!

>it hasn't got any truly memorable moments/scenes
Are you high? It's got plenty of memorable scenes. A fucking fist fight that goes on for 15 minutes and turns into a WWF wrestling match. A literal gold mine of bad-ass one liners. The fucking world through the glasses for the first time. The lady fucking the ayy lmao at the end when they blow up the satellite.
Shit, you don't have to like it, but its left an undeniable mark on pop culture.

>WWF wrestler main character
>kino

im sorry but no

it's carpenter's last great movie, one of the great '80s movies, and a simple yet brilliant modern day allegory.

that said, it does peak in the first half. but how many movies can you say have a perfect first hour?

In the Mouth of Madness is better than They Live

Not really. All everyone remembers is the "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum" line.

You're so wrong it registers on seismographs, on the other side of the planet. Scientifically speaking, it would be physically impossible for your candy ass to be any wronger.

The first hour of They Live is excellent.

>You, you're okay.
>You... Real fuckin ugly!
user pls.

"They Live" is such a good movie, but it needed more resistance fights in the plot and less scooby doo type of ending.

i have 3 testicles desu

The underlying concept is great, but it is executed as if made for special-needs children.

ahem

kino means cinema/film. none of carpenter's movies are in this league. he's in the same league as rob zombie aka movies for metalhead long haired doofuses

>he doesn't know that Carpenter is the paragon of Vulgar Auteurism

go back to IMDb and rate entry level kurosawa movies a 10, kiddo

>kino means cinema/film.
>no capitalization
>mid 90's nerd rage projection
3/10, tried just a little too hard.

>this movie needed to be more like something I can look smart talking about

>paragon of Vulgar Auteurism

>>>/reddit/

Ouuuhhh that burn. Kurosawa is literally dad tier anyway.

>The Thing wasn't kino

>tough luck pal

;]

no, it's a documentary

100% pure

>this movie needed to be more like something I can look smart talking about
>aka...I need to express my indignation over simple Laymann critique.

Now this guy gets it

It's got a solid our of pure meme.

Lol wait, when did Sup Forumstards start pretending that They Live is their movie?

Did they? It's pretty blatantly an anti-capitalist message rather than DA J00Z

They Live is literally Red Pill: The Movie

Is there a more fedora movie than this and Idiocracy?

when did liberal redditors start claiming They Live was Sup Forums's movie?

No, it was just so plodding and unsubtle in its execution. It's as if it knew the audience had Down Syndrome and wouldn't be able to follow along unless everything were spelled out in a glaringly obvious way.

>Hey man, I'm just happy to be alive.
Based Carpenter just wants to get high and play music.

It was shot on film... idk about kino

underrated post

>people say me Sup Forums is some kind of fascist/nazi rally
>visit Sup Forums
>at least 60% of threads is CTR shilling for Hillary, commies shilling for degeneracy and subversion, moslems shilling for mohammedanism

lots of shit about Sup Forums is contradictory
>Sup Forums is pro-capitalist
>yet support protectionism, which is anti-free trade

When they turned 18 this past month and saw it for the first time

wow it's almost as if Sup Forums has more than 2 people on it

You're right, they're not right about anything because they never agree.

>the other 40% is a fascist nazi rally

>assuming that human is interchangeable with white person
That seems pretty problematic to me.

It was fun, I really liked it but the characters felt like they were lacking a bit. I was pretty disappointed. I love John carpenter, but there was a lot of empty space I felt. Like it took forever for him to get inside the building with the glasses. And it took forever for him to put them on. They was a lot of parts of just going from place to place. It was an insanely good premise, but it was not exciting enough for me.

yes

youtu.be/18qD9hmU9xg

Almost like it's an imageboard rather then a political group.

Carpenter is literally the greatest genre maker of the 20th century. Him, Cronenberg, and Cameron are the holy trinity.

"visit Sup Forums" implies this was your first time there and yet you're already spamming their memes like CTR and degeneracy, weird that.

>implying my post wasn't in past tense

>implying you're not a massive fucking faggot

>implying your sister and mom didn't eat my ass last night

I think one thing both sides of the aisle proved this election is that even in the worst of times libertarians remain a wholly unpalatable choice to everyone.

I have never seen Prince of Darkness. For some reason it looks too campy for me, I'm not getting the Thing/ITMOM vibes from the way they talk about it.

yes

>Thing/ITMOM
>not campy
If anything Prince of Darkness is less campy.

Why would you want them to eat your ass? Are you gay or just Japanese and want them to lick your nipples as well?

no, because of the ally fight scene going on WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long

but its a good little movie

>muh buzz words because some thing tells the truth about my blue pilled reality

It is really strange how perfect the alien allegory works, how exactly it describes our reality. Only the gullible sheep people do not comprehend how thought manipulation and control is exercised through the media.

Female tongue in your ass feels amazing, senpai.

do male tongues feel different?

And do you kiss her afterwards?

I mean, I know dogs eat shit and sometimes people let their dogs lick their face.

But how could you ever kiss anybody who's had their tongue up your ass?

My ass is squeaky clean for the act, thank you very much. There's this thing call hygiene, maybe you heard of it.

we get you never had sex

>"Hey man, I'm just happy to be alive."
How do you become this chill

Kek'd

This is the anti Sup Forums movie, friend, it exposes them for the corrupt, dishonest, frauds that they are.

I found Prince of Darkness to be one of the creepiest Carpenter movies and not campy at all.

Is Escape from New York kino?

The 5 minute fight scene in the back alley is.

I saw that interview. If "brilliantly put down" now equals "act like a drooling trepanned retard for ten straight minutes on international television", then the article's somewhat accurate.

Also They Live is pure Kino. one of Carpenter's best.

I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.

youtube.com/watch?v=4-MVMbm6c0k

I don't know about kino, but it's a great movie.

Someone who watched it for the first time today wouldn't understand the basic premise, though. They wouldn't know anything about what kind of crime-ridden shithole New York was in the 80s, so it'd seem like a fundamentally insane concept.

It's interesting to look at pre-90s New York and realize that it's an accurate extrapolation of what the place could well have turned into.

I D E O L O G Y

Why was Moot in They Live?

Checking historical accuracy trips. God only knows what a shithole NYC would've become if the Feds didn't start murdering mob guys and crackheads.

based Slavoj

Sometimes I like to watch Escape from NY, immediately chase it with Serpico, and pretend I'm watching a vision of a grim future and the moment it was averted.