Why do people forget this was the first super team? 4 all stars in one year. A great coach too...

Why do people forget this was the first super team? 4 all stars in one year. A great coach too. And they beat the other super team of shaq Kobe Malone and Payton

I often wonder how the FUCK that Pistons team won that year. And so decisively too. I heard an interview where Billups(?) said they just fouled every play because they knew the refs weren't going to ruin the Finals with fouls all night. So it was a pretty physically rough series. But surely the Lakers with fucking Shaw could fight back.

Wasn't Shaq out of shape? Dude's the biggest waste of talent in NBA history.

>Rasheed Wallace

what a fucking nigger. was dirty in portland and even dirtier in detroit. fucking nba was desperate to end the greatest dynasty ever seen since russel's celtics.

The Hawks had 4 all stars + the coach of the year a few years ago. A super team should have multiple hall of famers.

Breh did you just call Josh Smith an all star?

he was, but ben wallace also played great D on him. still, without malone getting injured the lakers might have won

Shieeet I completely forgot about Malone. That Pistons team era was kinda surreal. Every fucking game was a grind.

Nope.

Horford/Millsap/Teague/Korver

soft
actually good
overrated
role player

Fuck Stern for ref balling the Pistons in 05 against the Spurs but not against the Lakers. If Lakers win in 04, Shaq and Kobe may have never broken up.

imagine being this young

it goes back further than this even, those celtics team were super teams

hell even back in 1997 the rockets had Hakeem, Barkley and Drexlar.
Would have made it to the finals if it hadnt of been for Stockton's clutch 3

based sheed said their pistons team would steamroll the warriors

I'd believe it, these nu-male 3 point lobbers would get fucking bodied by someone like Wallace.

Wilt joined Baylor and West, Celtics had a great team through the draft but Wilt pussed out like LeBron and KD

Why does he wear the mask?

AND ARTEST IS IN THE STANDS

They were not a superteam they beat a superteam

Malone was injured that series you dunce

Malone stays healthy and this team has no chance desu

>I often wonder how the FUCK that Pistons team won that year

Defense and brains. The old saying is"scoring wins you games, defense and rebounding win you championships", and it's true. Durant's five straight 30+ games wouldn't mean much without him, Dray and Klay clamping down LeBron and the wings, plus Zaz denying Tristan easy boards. But obviously defense doesn't make for nifty headlines. IIRC the Pistons in 2004 had like 15 consecutive games where they didn't let an opponent score more than 80 points, imagine fucking that. Ben Wallace had the Drtg 84, Rasheed had 91, those are all-time great numbers.

Shaq was recovering from injuries and being lazy. Kobe started hating on him because he wasn't going to PRACTICE and asking for more money (we talking bout practice?).

Still even if was perfectly healthy, he had peaked. His numbers started to decline. His numbers were already declining during the first Laker 3 peat.

That and 04 Pistons were absolutely brutal. Their defense was one of the best. And they actually had teamwork like the Spurs. They almost beat the Spurs the next year too. Took them to game 7 and finished within 10 points.

>4 all stars
but 0 future Hall of Famers

Billops

reminder: this team won the championship and had the 2nd pick in the NBA draft which they used to take Darko Milicic. Passing on Carmelo, Wade, and Bosh among others.