/hoc/

FRESH OFFSEASON EDITION

give me one reason why next year's stan lee won't be a rematch

both teams bring back all the same guys

why won't kesler finally just neck himself, nobody likes him

100% will be there with Ryan jo this time and 60% percent chance pengoofs

Don't forget Fiala, who is basically the perds version of Guentzal.

>Forsberg
>Johansen
>Arvidsson
>Fiala
wew

What makes you think Pens have less of a chance? Who will they lose?

Blue Jackets will win the cup

Is there a tougher top 4 in any division?

>caps
>pongs
>mcdavids
kek, good luck

Don't they only have 3 D signed for next year?

Are you talking about the Pens? If so, they have enough skill guys to sacrifice one for a good D

As for the Preds, I hope the Josi-Duchene rumors aren't true

First let's see them win a game.

I've always seen the Metropolitan as the best division in all honesty
Caps useally wins President Trophy, chokes playoffs
Pongs are obviously top tier, and will be for several yrs to come
Rags is hard to write off, memes aside
Islanders getting better
Canes getting a lot better

Blackhawks are regular season babies now
Milds had a meme season

Pens will have a ton of cap room once Vegas picks Fleury and will work out deals with Schultz and Dumoulin. They'll just need to add a couple bottom pairing guys (maybe even bring Hainsey back on a one year deal) or finally give Pouliot a shot.

They have a lot of cap space with MAF going
They'll be elite again next yr, and yrs to come desu

Define a meme season. They looked pretty strong when I watched them.

The Central gained some cred this season considering the fourth best team all year long was good enough to take the Pongs 6 games in the SCF

*asterisk*

They had a great regular season, sure
They were heavily overhyped by media to be contenders though; especially after their Hanzal/White trade

Preds were surprisingly good no doubt, a lot of credit to their D and Rinne most of the way; the Central is far from bad

>tfw

>That looks on Forsbergs face
That call hurt him, holy

I know they have Suter, but who are their other studs?

I just hope Peks has a couple good years left in him, Pens have to feel /comfy/ knowing they have a young stud in Murray

He was the first one to hear the whistle and went nuts at first, then just got sad

Who do you think the league will have at Pittsburgh to watch repeat banner raising? Kind of want the Caps again just for the lels, but Preds would be a good choice too just to remind them that you get nothing for finishing second except a worse draft pick.

Not necessarily true about finishing second. A good showing in the SCF goes a long way with free agents.

>Evgeni Malkin broke his nose during team celebration
>"I hit on someone's helmet, it looks like Murray" - Malkin
Supposively Dubnyk, Koivu, Niederreiter and Granlund - they were made up to be more than they are

is crosby going to visit trump?

If he doesn't get charged with a hate crime for his dirty head-smashing against Subban

You made him cry /hoc/. How are you going to fix this?

Those are the saddest Swedes in history

Kek I knew his nose looked fucked. More fucked than usual at least, and I did not remember seeing him take a stick up high or something during the game

He is one ugly motherfucker even without a broken nose

Can't worry the Murray.

(sans games 3 and 4)

Should the NHL have the Preds and Pens redo game 6 in case it was big refpuck?

No disrespect to the pens, I'm a firm believer that Pittsburgh beating them is huge refpuck and robs the Preds of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Preds play great hockey it's just not fair.

If the Preds lose again I will face that the Pens deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was refpuck and does a big disservice to the Preds and the NHL.

>we is gonna 3peat
>we dindu nuffin wrong
>we is signing oshie
This is why everyone hates you, pongs fans

Would obviously never happen, but it makes it more infuriating that the exact same thing happened during a regular season game back in October and the refs got it right by reviewing the play and counting the goal in spite of the whistle.

Pens probably would have won game 7 at home, but Preds got robbed game 6.

I want to trampoline into that above-ground pool so bad

>5 stanley cups
>2 in a row
>definitely will be in the hunt for it again next year

This is why we dont care.

>implying we care what fans of losers think

And 27million in cap room

>dat malkin pube "beard"
wew

Is anyone saying Pongs are gonna sign Oshie? They already have an Oshie Prototype in Sprong.

Ah yes, there's the attitude I expected from a resident of pissburgh. Exactly why they are the new most hated franchise in the NHL.

At least with oilers fans they actually stuck around and watched games in between Gretzky and Mcdavid, how were the pongs doing in the years between Lemieux/Jagr and Crosby/Malkin?

how the fuck are pongs gonna afford crysby, malkin, murray, guentzal, bonino, letang, and kessel going forward?

>cocky about a cup with two asterisks

See yinz at the parade :^)

>implying Captain autismo wont just take his 8.7million cap for the rest of his career

Its 2 more cups than your team has in the last 2 years :-D

Crosby and Malkin make up 44% of their cap, Pens got Murray on a sweet deal for the next three seasons given his talent level, Guentzel is a rookie, Bonino is most likely gone, Letang is on a fair deal, and the Laffs are paying for Kessel.

gay pride parade?

Even if he took less money, is there any way they can keep all those guys? It seems impossible.

Right now they're getting away with it because Guentzal and Murray are still under cheap contracts, but they'll have to pay those guys big time along with the proven guys they already have.

Although same could be said for Preds with Arvidsson and Fiala

I'm not Holtby

>1.5 cups

They're 16 mil off the cap once MAF leaves
Bonino is UFA
Malkin and Kessel is sealed for the next 4 yrs for 9,4 and 6,8 mil respectively
Crosby signed for.. god knows how many yrs, for 8,7
Seeing as Toews is making 10,5, they have some pretty okay contracts

Murray will be "cheap" for the next 2 seasons, he'll probably demand an elite pay after that

/hoc/ ON SUICIDE WATCH

.. Correction: Kessel is free.. for now
ffs

that shit was so pathetic. i can't afford to have NHL players start cucking like that

well fug

once Guentzal and Murray demand the money deserve in a couple years and Kessel is an old obese dude this group will finally break up, but they'll be stacked again next year

Pens also played significantly under the cap this season.

Geno, Sid and Letang and Kessel are locked up till they retire basically, or warrent a pay cut for older age.

Murray wont take more than 6-7million for a long term, unless the cap goes down, that shouldnt be difficult.

Guentzel will be the odd man out if they cant afford it. Finding scoring wingers to play with sid isnt hard and they can use that as a barganing tactic to get him to take less.

Kessel will probably retire when his contracts up

I'm not too worried about Kessel, I think Guentzal is already more dangerous than he is. Sort of a one trick pony.

I forgot about Hornvquist, what's his situation?

Pongs fans seem so sure that Fleury is a show in for Vegas, but what if they take Howard?

Howard is cheaper at $5.29m versus Fleury at $5.75m and Howard posted better numbers this season. Ho are is also the only player worth taking off the wings, unless Holland absolutely cucks everything up.

Yes indeed, they'll have trouble then; Malkin and Kessel runs out not long after Guentzal and Murray gets new contracts too
They'll be stacked for atleast the next two years

UFA.

Thats going to be Penguins problem, finding the right depth players to play with the core.

Pens will just keep pumping out literally who 3rd round draft picks and be contenders forever.

Howard is much more unreliable from what I understand
Pretty sure I read Fleury agreed to waive his NMC in February so the Pens could expose him

Their scouting/Team building is nothing less than elite, it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled an elite 3rd rounder every year

This

And Rutherford will continue to fleece every other GM in the league

I read they gave him the option of being traded before the deadline, or agreeing to waive the NMC for the draft to stay with the team for the playoff run. Made the right choice desu.

If digits Pierre-Olivier Joseph will be drafted in the 2nd round by Columbus and win rookie of the year next year and 5 Norris trophies over his career.

Howard has had an issue with groin injuries, and he usually loses his confidence after coming back from one, but this year it wasn't really an issue and he posted great numbers behind what could be argued as the worst defense in the league.

I'm not acting he will g t grabbed by Vegas for sure, but Fleury isn't a guarantee either. It might come down to who can trade their veteran goalie before they get exposed to the expansion draft desu

The NHL should really come out with a statement about the horrible officiating this post season and apologize to hockey fans everywhere and really apologize to the Preds, their organization, their fans, and the city. We were literally robbed of a seventh game. They need to have a full plan on how they are going to fix this problem for next season. The very least the league should do is put an asterisk next to the cup victory in the records books.

That's what >we used to think too
;^)

Vegas is probably going to take like 4 or 5....

The Pens don't deserve shit. Preds literally had goals stolen from them and the Pens were given the cup because of it. They were the worse team this entire series. Crosby winning the Conn Smythe was a joke. The NHL is hurting their league and the sport of hockey. They really need to make some major changes to help ensure shit like that doesn't happen in the future. They really should apologize to the team, the organization, the fans, and the city of Nashville too, but the NHL is too cowardly. The Pens should really offer to give back the cup or ask for an asterisk to be put next to their win in the record book.

t. false-flag pongs poster

>muh stolen goals

Offside and Goalie interferance, but I understand your mistake, being new to the sport and all

>""offsides""
>goalie """"interference""""

brehs

>t. Cletus from Nashville who cant skate

>t. pissburgher proxy posting from Canada

How many fingers will they hold up when they 11-peat?

The refs will hold up the extra finger for them
:^)

>"THE REFS WONT LET US BREAK THE RULES REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Literally you. Literally seething.

>being this triggered
Is it because, deep down, you know this cup was less than legitimate?

>being this triggered
Is it because, deep down, you know a threepeat is imminent?

As long as Crosby is muh NHL golden boy, I don't disagree with you. Better hope he stays in Gary's good graces and McDavid doesn't usurp him
;^)

>golden boy

Are you from www . Reddit . Com?

>Finnish government is very close to collapsing
>one of the bigger political parties has split into two groups

Man, here I thought the hockey off-season would be pretty boring but Finbowl is getting real exciting.

Stream?

>everything I don't like is reddit

>any team I dont like wins by refpuck

Normie reddit mentality.

>tfw no 2 time stanley cup champion bf

please be in LONDON, OHIO.

Go sharks

kek okay fag

>trashville predditors

It was early in game 6. You know damn well the preds probably wouldn't win the game if that goal counted anyway and definitely wouldn't win game 7

Is the goal of being a sports fan getting the fans of other teams to like you? What kind of a stupid faggot cares lmao kill yourself

>Even if he took less money
I want preddit "fans" to leave. his contract still has 8 years on it