I don't go to shows or listen to live performances because it doesn't sound as perfect as the studio recording

>I don't go to shows or listen to live performances because it doesn't sound as perfect as the studio recording
Is any attitude about music more autistic? Like, I literally mean that having this opinion may be a sign of being on the autism spectrum

How can you not like live music? and that doesn't make you autistic. Look up what it actually is.

No, why would you listen to the inferior version without the enhanced sounds that make songs feel amazing?

lots of people on this board don't like live music

No, I pretty much agree with you for the most part.

The exception is music that heavily features improvisation, which is usually best experienced live.

It's gotten to the point though that I won't really go see any live music unless improvisation is a major aspect of the performance.

I only see shit like that with jam bands, you won't get that out of others unless a different intro or something in between the songs. A bit pretentious and stupid for you to say that honestly.

I don't like live shows but not because they're "less pure" or something. I like listening to live albums. I hate it because they tend to be too loud and crowded and they cost too much money. Also the audience never shuts up and they keep bumping into you and stuff. It's not like seeing the artists in person is a big deal anyway.

Live music is good in a different way than the recorded version. It surrounds you and fills up your body. It can change your life. Also, I am gay

How about I don't like going to live events because I don't really want to hang aroudn in a crowd. I don't mind live performances though but I'd rather listen to them in the comfort of my own house.

the only people that say they don't like shows are NEET shut-ins and autists who've never actually gone to one

the vibrations of live music feel nice a tingly and fuzzy

>doesn't even know that jazz exists

Feeling your heard sink up with the drums, and the bass guitar vibrating your bones; Man you're missing out! Ntm meeting like minded individuals... one time I met a girl at a show and we made out the whole time, it was fantastic.

that's completely different than what OP said. Nothing wrong with not going out because of social anxiety, etc.

The only way I can see live performances being a worthwhile thing is if you're really into the idea of seeing people you respect in person.

It's a lot like going to an NFL game in person. It's a worse experience in every way than watching it on TV where you're always seeing things from the best angle and with overlays and shit...but it's cool because you're seeing something that feels somewhat important and you're looking at famous people and shit.

It's still a worse experience and I would not regularly do it, but it can be fun to do a couple times for artists you care about.

depends on the band

take ariel pink for example. his tapey washed out aesthetic does not translate well to a live setting

to me people that love going to shows are the types of faggots who use their music taste as a fashion accessory and don't actually give a shit about the artist

Sort of one of them, it's not that I don't like live music so much as I don't like going out to shows, then again I am autistic.

are u still there

No shit Jazz exists, I was thinking about pop and rock bands.

I don't go to live shows because none of my friends like the bands I like and I wouldn't enjoy going alone

>I was thinking about pop and rock bands.
almost all a waste of time and money to see live imo. They almost always play the stuff note for note like it is on the record, except it always sounds better on the record.

>it doesn't sound as perfect as the studio recording
Sure, there is truth to that notion to some extend, but going to see a band live has to do more with either you wanting to support the band or wanting to get a unique experience. The band might not sound as tight as they sound on record, sure, but maybe they'll pull off some crazy stunt on stage. Why not see that in person?
Then again, depends on who you want to see, and also in what venue, that does play a role. I saw Sting a while back and to my surprise it sounded fantastic, which I did not expect.
>Is any attitude about music more autistic?
I've heard worse. It's okay user, you're fine, but do take in consideration what I've said. Sometimes, it's about...having fun. Nothing wrong with being good to yourself and going out for a gig.

Ok.
Go alone, I've done it before.

>music is organized sounds
>can't hear very nicely the sounds and they arent well organized
>OMG GUYS SO AUTISTIC Xdddd

I love going to shows, but I totally get why a lot of spectrum-y or socially anxious people don't. Live performances enhance some aspects of the music and diminish others. If the only aspects you like are the ones that are diminished, then of course there's no reason to go to the hassle of going out.

I would argue that Metallica sounds better live than in the studio. The production of their early stuff fucking sucked.

i stopped going to shows once i got tired of being crushed by annoying crowds that just don't know how to manage themselves, and when i got tired of arriving to find a ton of Sup Forums nerd boys in death classic and related memeshit, acting like they are the Chosen Ones for knowing this band.
though i miss a good house show every now and then, because people are generally better about respecting your space and it feels more human compared to concert venues.

that said i only go to warehouse techno parties these days because i'm just less invested in music played by bands and don't enjoy the experience as much - it rarely transfers in a particularly impactful way and i hate that everybody has their phones out the whole time.

The last show I went to was Tiger army, Creeper, and Tijuana Panthers. Not many people had their phones out and I had a good time singing, and chilling with people before the show. It was a great experience that I'll never forget when I waited 12 years to see Tiger Army live. It makes me wonder that technology has taken some of the real fun out of somethings.

For the most part I try to only go to shows with a pit and the music is conducive to dancing/moshing
I don't like going to just sit and listen, I want to move, because otherwise I'd rather just listen to the album (with some exceptions like jazz or classical that are just better live)

Went to a King Krule concert last month and was super disappointed. He did a good job of trying to make his more chilled out songs energetic, but the crowd just stood there like a pack of sedated fucking hipsters. Overall was not worth (though I picked up some merch cause it was pretty cool)

Why would you willingly give yourself hearing damage? No thanks. Not to mention the music always sounds terrible compared to a recording.

I hardly ever go to live shows because most of the time the band playing usually suck ass and it's generally a waste of 1-3 hours, and it's $15 out of my pocket. If it's a famous or semi famous band, then yeah I'll go, but if it's small stage count me the fuck out.

Put in the small earplugs you can get from a hardware store, you will hear the music fine and not destroy your ears

Some of the most moving and memorable pieces I've heard in my life are from live performances. This guy has never been to a good venue and latterly felt the wave of lush sound washing over you and becoming immersioned in the moment.

Dubs of truth. Fag.

> the crowd just stood there like a pack of sedated fucking hipsters.
I never got that, I even had people standing, staring and grimacing at me because I was having fun at a concert. It's like what was going to happen? I was going to have my ass beat because I like to go to shows and have fun? The crowd didn't even move until Tiger Army came on. I had some guy shoving me hard as hell because everytime the crowd surged it'd fuck up his filming. I even bitched at him later in the show for it.

I went to see Slaves (who were great) and next up the same night was Royal Blood who I don't really listen to, but I though it would be fun to stay. They put on a great show, and it was hard stuff, literally made for moshing. For some reason there must have been such a crowd change from Slaves to them because it got fucking boring. Went from a really good, wild time to having a bunch of lame douches with fake lens glasses just standing there, clutching so random ho when it was music made to go off to. They got pissed whenever anyone trying to have fun bumped into them. Like come on, you think I'm not gonna dumb to this shit?

i never go to live music because i never have anyone to go with and it's always late on work nights