Was keeping his leg really worth:

Was keeping his leg really worth:

>the constant pain
>drug addiction
>pushing friends and family away
>being an overall asshole to everyone
>irrational actions (i.e. driving his car through the house)

Is it pride or stupidity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PIJS-JHK7Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he didnt get the leg was a metaphor

for?

For his heart?

Also. Dr Strange was a shit House rip off.

yeah because that show would have been really boring otherwise

The Bush administration.

for his narcissim, obsession and inability to let things go

his leg was the source of his power

Was getting information about Bane really worth:

>filing a flight plan with the agency
>shooting a man before throwing him out of a plane
>Asking Bane if he's a big guy
>Asking the next step of his master plan

>they stopped using the incredible european theme song after season 2 or 3
youtube.com/watch?v=PIJS-JHK7Mo

damn shame, american version sucked in comparison

it was entirely pride, he wanted to find the cure. Look at how he treated his patients, he kept them in extreme pain and distraught in order to cure them, he's no hypocrite, he's willing to go through the pain himself.

His leg was literally a crutch for him. The truth is that he would be the same terrible person even if his leg was fine. Cuddy and Wilson both knew him before his leg got fucked up and they never implied that he had a radical change of character after it happened.

He was punishing himself. He wanted the pain. It's all he had left. It made him feel alive.

No idea but that ((sounds)) plausible.

Dr. Strange predates House by about 40 years.

Not to mention the fact that the whole point of House was "what if Sherlock Holmes was a doctor?"

And an asshole

Sherlock Holmes is an asshole

And a drug addict.

I don't understand. You seem to have remembered it wrong. If they had it done it House's way, he would've been in a coma for a few days to get him through the pain. He may have died. Stacy made the decision to cut out the part of his thigh causing the pain, leading to the drug addiction, resentment, etc.

He didnt only want to keep his leg, he wanted to keep all the dead muscle to amplify his pain even further, if his pain was barely bearable afterwards then he probably would have killed himself ages ago if they did it how they wanted

House literally tells a woman who's leg is trapped under debris that he was wrong to risk his life to save his leg, and that he regrets it every day.

Wanted the pain my dick. He was popping vicodin 24/7.

He's an asshole anyway. The leg is just an excuse.

>he wanted to keep all the dead muscle to amplify his pain even further

No he didn't. He told Cuddy to put the drug into him while he was in the coma in the hopes that it would fix him. Problem is it had a chance to kill him so Stacy intervened.

Now you can make the argument that maybe he did want to die in his sleep, but who knows.

>cocaine, heroin, opium
Man, Holmes really was a junkie. How did his brain even work?

It had no way of fixing dead tissue, if there was no unauthorised procedure while he was in a coma his leg pain would be magnitudes higher, and all that to keep as much of his functional leg muscle as possible

the whole point of his character was that he was never happy and it's even stated numerous times he was as much as a dickhead even without the accident.

I blame House-dad.

At least he got a cool sword out of that relationship

Both of them both certainly said outright that he had deteriorated as a person on more than one occasion.

It's not about the leg, he's a shit human towards everyone he has any feelings too, drugs helped that

>It had no way of fixing dead tissue

There was a chance, which was what he wanted. You're interpreting that he wanted to be in more pain. I just don't see that given episode 2 when he reminisces about lacrosse, or season 3's opening where he fucking runs to work.

House running to and from work and then some more in the middle of the night was pretty great to see. I felt happy for the fucker.

House never wanted to let go his leg, because if he was scared of turning into a decent human being and lose his ability to solve puzzles and cure people. Thats pretty much why he didnt came back with his ex-wife. I want to believe -even with the shitty final seasons- that him abandoning his job to stay with Wilson was him finally accepting that he doesnt need to be a asshole genius to be happy.

He didn't want more pain he wanted more leg, the surgery removing dead tissue would undoubtedly remove a lot of live tissue too, making his leg utterly useless at the beginning. Then he made it all worse by liquidizing vicodin for breakfast lunch and dinner and growing a dependency

HIS MISERY CAUSED THE LEG PAIN,NOT THE LEG PAIN CAUSING THE MISERY. HOUSE JUST USES THIS AS THE ULTIMATE EXCUSE TO BLAME HIS MISERY ON THE ACTIONS OF OTHERS, SO INFANTILISING HIMSELF.

>He didn't want more pain he wanted more leg

Right.

>the surgery removing dead tissue would undoubtedly remove a lot of live tissue too

Right but he wasn't gunning for that. Stacy was.

HOUSE WANTED TO BE THE CHILD OF WILSON AND CUTTY. IT IS THE OEDIPUSS COMPLEX. HE WANTS TO FUCK HIS ""MOTHER"" AND KILL (TORMENT) HIS ""FATHER"" BUT ULTIMATELY NEEDS AND LOVE THEM.

>youtube.com/watch?v=PIJS-JHK7Mo

that is literally just a different version of the same song. I know you have autism but try to cool it a little

havent watched the show in years, this was refreshing to listen to

Thats what I am saying, he wanted no surgery, more dead tissue therefore more pain but also more functionality in his leg

This. Stacy, wilson, and cuddy have all mentioned before that house was still a dick to everybody and only gave a shit about puzzles.

His dad was the real issue he had in life that made him this way, and the leg caused the constant pain and drug addiction.

He just basically had a shitty life for as long as he lived which is why he most likely killed himself shortly after the finale seeing as he had no one left in his world.

Probably even had a gun in his hand right after he killed wilson to put him out of his misery

Him applying it to his right temple right afterwards isnt too far fetched

>why are we still here?
>just to suffer?
>every night, I can feel my leg, my arm, even my fingers
>the body I've lost
>the patients I've lost
>won't stop hurting
>it's like they're all still here
>you feel it, too, don't you?

>I'm already a demon, Greg

Do you all watch chance? It's pretty good.

Chance?

Punished House
A doctor deprived of his leg

Chance?

>Punished Snake was the medic all along
It fits. Deepest lore.

Unofficial doctor beardface is the best doctor

It's just that the characters never grow. It doesn't matter how many times a disabled patient with 99 insight deems House as a noble person; the next day is the same shit. Like El fucking Chavo del 8. The characters can't get out of the loop.

>tfw Kojima is better than most Hollywood movie and television writers when it comes to writing powerful lines

After season 2 House became an outlandish caricature of himself. He's great in the first 2 seasons but after that they went off the rails with some of the shit.

All the characters grow to great degrees, House grows in subtle doses.

I would argue thats only the case from season 1 to 3 for most characters, I think the only character that is actually very flat is cuddy until her eventual disappearance from the plot, and I guess wilson gets very little until his characterization in season 8

It's a shame he has no filter and the stories become convoluted disasters. Gotta take the good with the bad.

You know what Kojima should do? He should make a deal with Marvel to make a Nick Fury game.
>a stealth based story of a super-soldier with an eye-patch
It'd be the biggest fuck-you he could give to Konami.

This might be better to watch if every episode wasn't literally the same, it's kind of a shame

Nigga the whole point is how all these different doctors twist and change around house himself

Thats like a constant theme thwt gets mentioned

>I would argue thats only the case from season 1 to 3 for most characters

Hell naw my man.

> I think the only character that is actually very flat is cuddy

Hell naw again. Not being dynamic doesn't equal not rounded.

>and I guess wilson gets very little until his characterization in season 8

Wilson not voting House off the island and then arguing with House about it?

Now that I think about it there is also the whole wilson living with house thing and him bouncing back to his old girlfriend which gave him a lot more exposure

I still believe they heavily amped up their interactions building up to season 8 though

>no eye-patch or horn
Edit harder.

no u

Gotta have lense flare

Cuddy's episodes are the worst. She always got what she wanted, didn't deserve it, and at the expense of a fat girl. Though i agree Chase evolved consistently, House didn't have a reason to be a douche all the time given how many whores are into him

Wrong Metal Gear character, noobs.

Go home Jack, maybe Campbell will let you prep him before he bangs Rose.

>She always got what she wanted

She wanted that Mexican dude to fall off her roof? She wanted to amputate his arm? She wanted his family to sue the hospital?

Religion is a myth and torturing patients feels good.

The writers had to kill a fat chick to give her her fucking baby

is this better?

She wanted a clean resolution to those events

Should've bought up house driving wilsons car into her house instead

Why didn't he just use a wheelchair?

This will do just fine

Oh yeah. We Black Jack now.

He did a couple of times.

Because wheelchairs make your walking diagnosis shit look goofy

Is the show good?

Yes but it's really very formulaic.

It's repeatedly suggested that he was an asshole before the leg.

The series really should have ended with him having his leg amputated. Another fucked up ending.

Why end on an amputated leg when you can amputate the mans whole career, friend and future

>formulaic
Ah, the non-criticism.

I did say it was good. And you know that they rehash the same shit over and over again. It never bothered me but it is noticeable.

Because a key recurring theme of the entire show was the damn leg? It would have been a striking image? A more character-driven ending would have been suitable for the show? They really fucked up the show towards the end.

There's a reason Six Feet Under's finale is so memorable, they didn't chicken out on what they set up.

I do think formulaic is mostly the criticism of those focusing on the wrong point of the narrative, but there is no denying that a lot of patients and their ideologies get repeated because you simply cant make every one of them unique

Willlllllssssssooooonnnnnnn!!!!!

I don't remember many things being repeated. Can you think of any examples?

who is this cum drum?

His penis. He was having a mid-life crisis and instead of fast cars he wanted fast legs.

>Wilson died and nothing was resolved with House at all because Cuddy quit the show and House fucked off to nowhere to study physics or something
Show fell apart faster than Dexter but was undeniably more enjoyable on its downswing.