There are """people""" on Sup Forums who think that listening to music at a higher volume makes it more enjoyable

>there are """people""" on Sup Forums who think that listening to music at a higher volume makes it more enjoyable

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher–Munson_curves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is true up to a certain point, assuming that there's some dynamic range to what you're listening to

beat me to it. i was listening just now to an awesome wave but the volume was so low i could hardly feel the emotion and the dynimic of the songs

>what are crescendos

Dumb niggers I hate them. Worse is people that blast music in their car with the windows rolled up. I will never understand why people do this.

Now you see OP, when you listen to a song at 0% volume, you won't enjoy it. But when you listen to it at 50% volume, you can enjoy it.

wasn't the whole point of the loudness wars that they actually made people enjoy your music more

Sounds a lot like rape. Let me just force it down their ear hole that'll make em appreciate it.

this is 100% factual though. louder music sounds better

Well to an extent it's true. Pink Floyd for example, hid lots of small ambient sounds in their music which contributed a lot when you heard them, but you had to pump up the volume. An example being the Great Gig in the Sky.

it's rape if metallica does it,its cute and exciting if oasis does it

>an awesome wave

youtube.com/watch?v=ISpVXEzAzJU

This is an example of a song that must be listened to in a car system, at least headphones, mainly cause you'll miss the bass

>there are """people""" on Sup Forums who are already in their early 20s and have tinnitus

i listen to lowercase at max volume and noise at low volume

The louder the better when it is music fueled by emotion. I enjoy autechre and shit like it when it is lower volume. But something like ruins or tool throw me into a frenzy the louder and more encapsulating it gets

you can still play a heavily compressed mix at a low volume...

I used to do this when I was a teenager. I assume most people grow out of it.

cuz I wanna jam out but it's cold out

>implying there is a "percentage" of volume
protip: volume (loudness) is measured in decibels

If u haven't listened to this whole album with your eyes closed at max volume wearing beats headphones you're and uncultured swine

>not playing music so loud you can’t think to escape your crippling self-hatred

couldn’t be me

Music is better when its louder. You pick up on smaller things and the low ends move through you and it's a nice experience

Also it's awesome to drown out your inner thoughts

>Not listening to Sunn 0))) albums at MAXIMUM volume in your apartment while drunk and getting the cops called on you

People who listen to music at "safe" quiet volumes generally lack emotion and are robotic types.

TO BE PLAYED AT MAXIMUM VOLUME

What about Concerts? Do they get a pass because it's not in a car?

Where exactly is the line drawn here?

Literally if Zach Hill is on an album or producing it I feel like it needs to be super fucking loud to even hear what theyre doing.

It does for me. Makes the music take me away a little more.

>Music is better when its louder

I don't know if I'd say all music, but a lot of it yeah.

Some artists make songs that are really abrasive when the volume is higher, but sound completely different at other volumes

The true way to listen to music is to feel the vibrations live, it's almost like you trendy grimesfags have never been to a theater or a live performance

People complain about concerts being too loud, but the only thing worse is concerts that are too quiet.

I always bring earplugs to concerts so I can deal with it if the music is too loud, but there's no solution if the concert is too quiet. It's just frustrating for everyone.

>venue is too cheap to hire a good soundguy/don't give him enough time
>the band has at least 5 members
>some of the members can't even be heard in the mix
>basically turns into a badly miced acoustic show

how about instead of turning up the volume like a caveman, you use an equalizer. you DO have an equalizer right?

>he hasn't listened to edgy bullshit at 100% volume whilst driving 120+ mph in the dark cold rain

It depends on the album. Also, some albums are better listened to through headphones while others require open air. An album like, say, Grizzly Bear's Yellow House sounds amazing blasting through the stereo filling up the room with sound.

I wouldn't think of Modest Mouse as being music that sounds better loud...

Recently I've been making sure to turn my music down more than I'd like to. It's an inferior experience but I want to protect my hearing well into old age.

sounds better when you can't hear them at all

some music is better loud. why wouldn't you want to hear the music as well as possible?

Are Sup Forumstants retarded? Justget a good pair of headphone or a good sound system. What kind of toasters are guys using where you cant hear everything thats going on at a moderate level? How fucked are you ears whetr 60% is "too quiet". If I raise thr volume in my phone to anything higher than 70%, it starts to hurt and distracts from the experience. Read upon ear health. Dont you want tobe able to enjoy music when you're old too?

>he isn't up to date on the new slang
how embarrassing

Link no work

>not listening to music so loud it physically pains you
faggot

i have to drown out my thoughts one way or another, trout mask replica usually does the trick

if you dont play like a martian at a high volume you're missing out

>there are """people""" on Sup Forums who don't know about the Fletcher-Munson Equal Loudness Curves
Seriously - go look it up. Volume level relates DIRECTLY to the ear's frequency response. To put it another way, the human ear has a different built-in EQ profile for different volume leverage of sound.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher–Munson_curves

I thought it was obvious, even intuitively.

sounds like you aren't trying to enjoy music at an old age
>it's so obvious dude
I guess that's why everything at a show sounds crystal clear