Have you ever emailed a musician you admire and did they write back?

Have you ever emailed a musician you admire and did they write back?

I emailed John Maus and he replied a month later (after I emailed him again to ask if he received the previous email) accusing me of writing an email that was inconsiderately long and being a "worryingly delusional" person. He asked me not to email him again and and it really wasn't the reaction I was hoping for.

what did you email him? i'm sure he must have reacted that way for a REASON
also no i havent emailed a musician i like, i havent mailbombed one either

what did your email to him say

Maus sucks so don't worry too much about it

We need screenshots. I bought a t shirt from his brother on this tour and he was extremely warm and friendly.

I wrote several letters to Eminem, but he hasn't responded back yet

i emailed jamie stewart and he was nice. ended up buying fabulous muscles to support him

now you need to start calling him in the middle of the night and leaving dead animals on his porch or something

Sam Zurick of capn jazz, Joan of arc, e.t.c

Really nice guy, hooked me up with mp3s of his 2 solo albums

Post pictures of the email you sent and his response, that's fucking hilarious and there's no way he did it without good reason

lel you better post that email or at least his response OP. I know a few people who have had really nice conversations with him, so you must've said some wild shit on the level of the guy who's in love with James Ferraros' body to get that kind of response

FORWARD DRIVE
CROSS THE LINE

incorrect

copypasted from my recent sent items:

Dear Mr. Maus / John, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] and I've listened to all of your albums. Pitiless Censors wasn't great in my opinion but Songs really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, John (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [his address] and spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know John and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, [my name].

inconsiderately long and worryingly delusional.

please post his response

nice

>telling him you didn't care for one of his albums for no reason
>shilling your shit
>giving him your life story
>finding his address
>"John (do you mind me calling you that?)"
>finding his address
>using exclamation points to make yourself endearing
>FINDING HIS FUCKING ADDRESS

Put me in the screencap.

what the fuck

poor John

I think his response was pretty reasonable.

I got in touch with juntaro of gerogerigegege back in around 2010. I got his email by luck. Asked how he was and gave a short paragraph about how he helped me out in life in the strange way that he did. He said my message brought him to tears when his friend fully translated it to him.

this is brilliant

Include me in the fucking screencap

Do you talk like this in real life?

Wow this is truly next level autism holy shit.

Head from korn. He was nice. Jason bonaham was nice.

>I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition
well that explains that drivel you just posted

I sent a letter to Death Grips and now they listen to me masturbate.

I sent an email to death grips and they displayed it on stage instead of playing a show

>You kept reading? Great!
>Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim.
>the dreaded reject pile of doom!
holy FUCK

What a cringe festival. I agree with John (is it okay if I call him that?). You are "worryingly delusional" if you think that e-mail was actually something worth sending. You also sound like a fucking nutcase trying to find his address (and fucking telling him). You should talk to a psychologist.

ALL YOUR PETS ARE GONNA DIE

nice

honest if I received this I would invite you over and fuck you up

'shoot the shit'

This is unbelievably horrible. You need to do something about yourself. I don't know what.

This is the email you should have sent:
>Dear John Maus
>I'm a big fan. I made this album. Please give it a listen if you want to. Thanks.

Yes.

This email reeks of self help books and hours of time spent with guidance counselors

or just put the album on bandcamp or whatever like a normal person

Glad your alive senpai

Someone make this about Death Grips and send it to them

I once e-mail Jaimie Stewart. I told him how much I admired his music and his work and how much it inspired me--and how I wish he would play a show near me. He responded and was very kind and thankful.

also send it to Morrisey

post your albuum ITT

I e-mailed Sebastien Grainger and he never got back to me.

When I was a kid I e-mailed Roseanne and they turned it into a Portlandia skit

this cant be real

it's overly self-conscious and desperate to impress, you can tell in the first 10 words that it's going to be a cringe fest

noooooooo don't you understand yet?

anything posted to bandcamp is immediately called a 'meme' here and is deemed to not be 'official' enough for discussion.

holy shit

>(I'll even throw in my photo for free!)

>so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom!
ya blew it

I sent a letter to Skinny Puppy kind of like OP's spilling spaghetti everywhere after seeing them live .

They sent me a poster.

yer nuts kid

>doesn't hang out in /shugazi/

k, there's a world outside of Sup Forums though; being discussed here is ultimately pretty meaningless

i did this but with aphex twin
didn't get a response

I have a Yamaha SY77 previously owned by Dwayne Goettel. His presets are all noisy sound fx.

What the fuck?

I asked Dan Barrett if he ever planned on releasing Giles Corey on vinyl. He replied and told me that he planned to get it out by the end of the year.

Two years later he reissued it for $50, plus the shipping and handling which would have ended up running me over $100. I didn't end up getting it.

I casually talk to Deron Miller from cKy and he's left comments on my facebook before. Cool guy. That's about it really.

Haunted?

RIP

the SY77 is actually perfect for that

What the hell, dude

>That's about it really.

Seriously Nigga?' You can't share the nudes Lavren sent you?

john maus did nothing wrong

I thought about that when I got it. Doesn't seem to be.

Yeah. It's a weird machine. Some good sounds in there. Wish the noise floor was lower.

and a new pasta is born

his response was justified, you utter mong

Dear Mr. MC / Ride, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] and I've listened to all of your albums. Bottomless Pit wasn't great in my opinion but Steroids really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, Stefan (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [his address] and spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know Stefan and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, [my name].

Nah, she said if I leaked them, "Glasgow Smile, Brandon". Getting my mouth sliced with a razor up to my ears doesn't sound too fun..Or it can be some weird shit I can get into, who knows.

holy fucking shit dude

Dear Mr. MC Ride / Stefan, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] and I've listened to all of your albums. Bottomless Pit wasn't great in my opinion but Exmilitary really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 37 years old and I graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, Stefan (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [his address] and spend a few hours getting got. So let me know Stefan and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, [my name].

John Maus is a fraud

Hs live shows where he basically screams over his previously recorded music are cringe inducing.

I also think he has mental problems, during interviews he rambles on and on like a lunatic and can't stay focused on a single topic for more than three minutes and never says anything concrete, typical post modern mumbo jumbo. His hero's are scumbags like Theodor Adorno and their likes meanwhile he sucks at the capitalist teat he and others that share his philosophy supposedly despise by being a part of the "culture industry" they demonize.

I used to like his music now all I can think about when I listen to it is how toxic it's underlying message is and how insane and out of touch with reality post modern marxists are.

>I would love to visit your house at [his address]

:OOOOOOOOOOO

Post his response u fuckin weirdo

Jesus Christ, user

you're as autistic and retarded as OP

I used to message avey every once in a while when he still had his instagram, he was always super chill and replied pretty quickly but I never asked anything too crazy cause I didn't wanna take advantage of his niceness. same for mac demarco, his DMs used to be open on facebook around 2 era and earlier but then he disabled that after all the shitters joined the fanbase post salad days. congratulated deakin on his album last year and he replied with some kind words

He's not nearly as autistic as OP and, I don't listen to Maus so I don't know if his music really promotes the post modern bullshit user is saying it does, but if it does, his criticisms are legitimate.

[Dido intensifies]

I emailed a couple no name Russian dudes and I used broken Russian and they used broken Englsih. Fun times.

Is this how pastas are born? I've never witnessed the birth of one until now

I've been thinking of emailing jason albertini (former member of Duster) for a while now to thank him for inspiring me into becoming an artist but everytime I think of starting I feel like I'll just waste his time.

Jej

Dear Mr. Yorke / Thom, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] and I've listened to all of your albums. King of Limbs wasn't great in my opinion but A Moon Shaped Pool really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, Thom (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at the homeless shelter and spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know Thom and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, the guy from Muse.

Dear Mr. Trent Reznor / Michael, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] and I've listened to all of your albums. Hesitation Marks wasn't great in my opinion but The Downward Spiral really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, Michael (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [his address] and spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know Michael and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, [my name].

WELL, HERES THE SLIM

Dear Mrs. Björk / Guðmundsdóttir, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's Ricardo and I've listened to all of your albums. Utopia wasn't great in my opinion but Vulnicura really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 21 years old and I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, Björk (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [her address] and spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know John and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, Ricardo López.

And I forgot when I messaged Lavren on twitter for no reason and got blocked. I was a fucking idiot back then and took the meme way too seriously.

>Hey Lauren, I just wanted to tell you not to let people on Sup Forums bother you. Focus on your career and music.

>Lauren, this is Brandon, I want to let you know that I'm sorry for everything you saw and that if you get any tweets from people saying it's me it's not.

DDDDDUUUUUUUURRRRRR

Varg is a fraud

Hs live shows where he basically screams over his previously recorded church burnings are cringe inducing.

I also think he has mental problems, during hid YoiTube vlogs he rambles on and on like a lunatic and can't stay focused on a single topic for more than three minutes and never says anything concrete, typical post modern nazi mumbo jumbo. His hero's are scumbags like JR Tolkien and their likes meanwhile he sucks at the white nationalist teat he and others that share his philosophy supposedly despise by being a part of the "black culture" they demonize.

I used to like his music now all I can think about when I listen to it is how toxic it's underlying message is and how insane and out of touch with reality Nordic white supremacists are are.

Jesus

Are you lying?

Can't wait to confuse losers on Sup Forums with this fresh new meme like I do with the belligerent celebrity at the grocery store copypasta

inconsiderately long and worryingly delusional. Head like a hole.

I wrote to Trent Reznor around 1996 that I listened to NIN all the time and wanted to kill myself. This isn't even a joke, I was a huge faggot

Dear Mr. Jones / David, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] and I've listened to all of your albums. Black Tie White Noise wasn't great in my opinion but 1. Outside really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album and no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, David (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online and I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) and first of all give me your feedback on it and then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap and I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person and take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [his address] and spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know David and we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again and again, [my name].