I really can't stand this guy

I really can't stand this guy.

lol why did you post him then, i think OP has a crush on melon

obsessed fanboy

I hope it's not because he doesn't like the Front Bottoms, that's just calling a spade a spade.

I wanna hear opinions on lots of new music, and this guy has quantity. But the piss is annoyed out of me almost every time I watch a video of his. His ego is insufferable.

testbook example of a schoolboy crush

Front Bottoms has nothing to do with it, that's just the point I was at in the vid when I decided to screenshot.

Hey i know a fix for this: don't watch it!

No need to thank me

t. Melon fanboy

I'm not convinced.

Wow Sup Forums so defensive for the melon

just look at the posts. this is the exact same thing that schoolchildren do when they have a crush on someone
>"oh I don't like them!"
>"oh they annoy me"
then 10 years later they're married
it's a beautiful thing user, don't try a hide it

I'd like to like him, but his personality is cancer.

Nahh dont lie, its to do with Front Bottoms

Why would you even make this thread? Lurk more faggot, there is already a thread about music critics in the catalog (Fantano included).
L E S A G E

These are the people with crush on the melon. I just wanted to discuss why I have trouble watching him.

don't worry, one of three things will happen:
1. you'll forget about him and move on
2. something will click and the love will become real, but he won't return the love and you'll live your life in loneliness without your soulmate
3. he will return the feelings and romance will bloom

the passive aggression is real

why would I be mad at simple love? i'm trying to help

But really, what is worth defending? He acts like a monster fueled teenager... and moreover, he acts like what he's doing is actually important. I won't kiss his ring for the Sup Forums crowd. (and as a musician, it's despicable to me to try to cozy up with a reviewer)

>as a musician
just had to include that part, didn't ya?

>Hey if you don't like the holocaust: don't get gassed to death!

i get why he's annoying but i still enjoy his channel. but i'm a fan of the melon so my opinion is irrevelant

>Watching melon videos and listening to his opinions

Okay sure go ahead

>disregarding music bc of melon numbers

This is where people go wrong

WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE MELON

HE'S BEEN A GOOD BOY

I like him because he makes loads of videos and I find it nice when he reviews an obscure album that I know but none of my friends do. It's just cool to hear someone talk about albums I like even if I 100% disagree with his opinion, that's just part of the fun. That being said,as someone from London,I find it really funny when he talks about grime because there's an obvious cultural barrier

Can we at least admit that for our sake he's slamming the emorap scene pretty hard? He shat on lil Peep so hard the dude killed himself. He also didn't have a lot of nice thing to say about xxx's new album. Oh and Chester too, he roasted him about his new song so hard that the fella suicided.

Antony hates weaklings, that's all.

weakilngs make weak music. Anthony doesn't consume soy like your average soyboy

He's never seemed like someone with an ego to me. What gave you that impression?

He can be really full of shit when it comes to music he has no interest in to begin with though. It's clear that he feels some kind of urge to force very strong opinions on music he doesn't even care about. He is honestly more of an entertainer than a serious critic.

I think that people often mistake confidence in their subjective opinions as ego, He's actually pretty humble for somebody with his influence desu

To be fair, that is the weakest album they have released, like its trash. Its not bad, its just... eh
5/10, which is the worst score I can give beause it means it left no impact what so ever.
And I say this as a guy who FUCKING LOVES the front bottoms.

"If there is one thing that can take the libido out of your band, its signing to fueled by ramen"

Never has the Melon being so right.

perhaps it gives me a different perspective

>false equivolancy: the post

agreed.

This is cringe, and part of the problem.
What Anthony does isn't that important.

The fact that he's always laughing inappropriately, and getting loud and aggressive for no apparent reason. Egotists sort of function as if their opinions are fact, and should be strongly engaged in. He could certainly be more humble, regardless of his influence. I like music, I want to hear about new music, and he makes it difficult for me to take in the content that I'm trying to learn things from.

What value is a independent critic in an age where literally everyone is an independent critic? Was foolish to ever give him your attention, but most foolish of all is the free advertising he's getting from le thread right here

I like his personality and it adds to the enjoyment for me. Otherwise it would be wallpaper. He is not a professional critic though and he mentions in every video that it's just his opinion, idk how he makes you think his opinion is a fact

>Anthony is rounding up all his haters and enslaving them
>Anthony has erased net neutrality; you can't afford any other website bundle except for youtube.com/theneedledrop

you are a disgusting, sub-biped trashbag who belongs in the Paleozoic age. neck ys

It always bothered me why people say that about him. From what I undestand it is his confidence + influence. He says confidently that something somebody likes sucks. His opinion is widely heard and discused. Repeat that same case few times, that person who does not agree with fantano now sees him as egomaniac. He does not think he is worthy of such influence and attention, and when seeing his confidence with it, he jumps to conclusion that Fantano is egomaniac.

Can't do better than that. I don't know to me he seems quite humble, although I don't watch that many videos by him, so I may be wrong.

>Anthony Fantano makes me wanna get high

GET OUT! We love melon here

>neo-Sup Forums

>His influence

Are you being ironic?

This

Say what you want about him, he's the only known critic/outlet who has anything resembling a decent year end list. Everyone else just shuffles the same 50 albums randomly so it's not too obvious they all go with what's popular.

>t. Soyboy

Just don't watch his videos then. At least explain why you can't stand him if you're going to post him.