/cfb/ general - SUMMER GAP edition

Hoops and skatepuck are over. Get in here.

>FBS/P5
sbnation.com/college-football
247sports.com/
cbssports.com/college-football/

>G5
mwcconnection.com
hustlebelt.com
underdogdynasty.com

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_State_Stadium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A lot of conference/team previiews are already out, btw.

Welcome back UAB.

r8 my meme

Oops that's a stale old meme
Rate this fresh one

>yankee con
wtf is this?

It's something I made up.
Didn't want to call it Big East because that is still around in one form

Rice Owls!

It's not a conference anyway.

>Penn State
>Rutgers
>Boston College
>Pitt
>Syracuse
=ACC

>Temple
=AAC

>Army
>UMass
=Independent

>NY State
Not even a school, but
>Buffalo
=MAC

Yo yo niggas

>What is realignment

Also it's called State University of New York at Buffalo

You can't just invent a conference.

Also SUNY@BUF isn't FBS so go away.

EPIC

here you go

How is Colorado State not P5 already?

>Penn State
>Rutgers

>in the ACC

who will bust the playoff this season, /cfb/?

which conferences will be left out?

USF is the early favorite.

As long as USF doesn't lose to Temple, they can ride the hype train all the way to CFP station.

I just hope the committee sees through the memes.

>Boise State
An undefeated MW schedule with wins over ranked Wazzu and SDSU could put them in the conversation

>Troy
Decent OOC (LSU, Boise) but the Sun Belt schedule puts them at a disadvantage over MW and AAC schools

>WKU
OOC too weak, CUSA too weak to make up for it

>Memphis
Weak OOC

>Houston
Weak OOC (Arizona + Texas Tech)

>Colorado State
By far the strongest OOC of the bunch: Alabama, Colorado, and Oregon State. An undefeated season would put them squarely in the playoff.

>App State
App's strength of schedule hangs on how good Georgia and Wake Forest actually are in 2017. Both were bowl winners in 2016, but unless they return to form, an undefeated Sun Belt slate might not be enough to put the Mountaineers in the playoff conversation.

>USF
With only one P5 matchup in 2017, against Illinois, USF cannot expect much of a boost in the rankings. Even with an undefeated season, they'd need to win every AAC game convincingly to be a playoff team.

>Tulsa
A week-1 win against Oklahoma State could put Tulsa at the top of the Week 1 G5 rankings and boost them into the top 25 for the rest of the season. If an undefeated Tulsa meets an undefeated USF in November, the playoffs could be on the line.

>Toledo
Putting together a playoff resume in the MAC is hard. While Toledo might be the MAC's best hope in 2017, they have only one opportunity to impress against a P5, when they play the Miami Hurricanes.

>San Diego State
Week 2 (Arizona State) and Week 3 (Stanford) will be make or break for SDSU's playoff hopes. If they can win those, they have to handle Boise State to prove they're playoff worthy.

Is this the future of Ole Miss football?

yeah right now I'd rank realistic PLAYOFF shots (likelihood of going UNDEFEATED plus strength of schedule good enough to get you into the playoff) as:

>1. Boise State
>2. Colorado State
>3. USF
>4. App State
>5. SDSU
>6. Troy
>7. Tulsa
The rest have pipe dreams for the playoff

If every FBS conference's mascots teamed up and fought each other, which conference would win?

I'm going with either the ACC (Hurricane) or AAC (Golden Hurricane)

>BYU
Never.
Refusal to invest in infrastructure.

Meh. I meant B1G but whatever, that graphic I was replying to was at least as wrong.

Having no professional Vegas experience, I think the general consensus is:
MW/AAC = Even
CUSA = 8 to 1
MAC = 10 to 1
SBC = 50 to 1

I like USF, but Troy was playing out of their minds last year and retained their entire coaching staff. Boise/SDSU/Wyoming have decent shots too, and let's not forget La Tech (great every year) and UTSA (best recruiting in the state).

>picking weather

May I introduce you to the Thundering Herd.

BYU has a great program and good boosters. They'd be a good add for just about every conference.

When you google "Colorado State Football Stadium" I see lots of great mockups like pic related.

Are they moving forward with these plans?

>great program
>good boosters

Yes they do. However, they're uber-religious wackjobs and won't schedule post-season events on Sundays, so they're fucked until they join the 21st century with the rest of us.

>no post-season events on Sundays

That wouldn't affect BYU football. Just join for football only.

Yes. It opens this fall.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_State_Stadium

Yes but we live in the future, football-only schools are a relic of the past (unless you're a service academy or Notre Dame).

I think BYU has a bit of that Notre Dame vibe to them.

If BYU rattles off several more 10+ win seasons soon, you can bet they'll get more looks from the Big XII.

>West Virginia and Utah in the Big 12 footprint
Pick one and only one, my friend.

WVU is ACC bound.

Fake news.

When CUSA went through the first round of expansion back in 2005, UNT was on the shortlist but didn't make it because their stadium was 60 years old and the athletic budget was for shit. So the conference went with UTEP (KEK) instead.

Thanks to a new Uni Pres, more money was invested, funding for a new stadium secured, and UNT was added to CUSA in 2013. Investment absolutely matters, and I have a theory that even though the Big 12 didn't pick anyone last year, they told select schools "this is what you need to do to get picked."

I'm not for sure on that, because a conference with schools in both WV and CO makes no sense, but then again when did the Big 12 ever make a sensible decision.

West Virginia would be a much better fit with the ACC, SEC, or B1G than they are with the Big XII.

Those other conferences are also way more stable than the Big XII, due to not having Texas as a member.

is this a new copypasta?

what would the final conference standings be?

That would be true, except for the part where WV is basically still a mid-major. Even TCU has stepped up their game while the Mountaineers continue to tread water.

No, I just can't spell.

In 2017?

A&M + UT at the top, TCU in 3rd, Baylor/Houston next, Tech, then UTSA, then the rest of the mid-majors who don't really matter. Texas State dead last, obv.

WVU would dominate the Coastal division of the ACC.

I don't even know where this meme came from, they were the 4th best team in the old Big East before the 3 teams over them were taken by the ACC. They became the "best" by default. And they haven't improved, like, at all, they just have Big 12 competition, which isn't really much better than the old Big East.

>SMU this large

Settle down.

been trying to for half an hour to post pics, anyone else having trouble? is it just ITT or what?

USF or App State, we'll know after week 1 and the Georgia/App State game. Both teams have favorable schedules and proven talent returning.

5 star post nigga, happy to have you in the thread. I agree with everything you've said.

It's the same size as UTEP. Settle down.

The ACC doesn't want WVU. Hell, the Big XII didn't even really WANT them either, the conference was just desperate to get back up to 10 schools during an emergency and made a questionable decision in adding WVU.

WVU's only chance is for the ACC to decide on a 9 game conference slate, Notre Dame commits to football membership, and the ACC decides it HAS to have balanced divisions (but it really doesn't).

I had an issue the other day, then realized that I'd miss-clicked in MS Paint and saved the image as some weird format (not jpg/gif). I'm probably retarded; but make sure your image is a jpg.

As much as I hate agreeing with POG, yes.

WVU is the Brock Osweiler of the Big 12. We only have to hope some other conference is dumb enough to take them off our hands.

Thanks, paths. Just doing my part.

what is your wish list for college football?

what needs to be changed?

1. Bama wins lol
2. Bama wins lol
3. Bama wins lol

1. FSU wins natty
2. NCAA game franchise returns
3. Sabanretireslol

Herman used to be the good guy.

Now I have to root against him. Fuck.

I'd rather the ACC pick up UConn though. Good academics, good basketball, actually on the Atlantic Ocean, and arguably the most popular team in NYC. Would make for some very fun BC-SU-UConn-Pitt games.

1. A G5 team makes it into the CFP championship game

2. C-USA and SBC combine into a super conference, or at least re-align regionally.

3. The AAC gets a better media deal after expanding and gobbling up all the best mid-major programs in the country.

The ACC already has enough yankee teams. The next expansion teams need to give it back some of the southern charm it used to have.

Also, UConn football is, has been, and always will be terrible. They probably should have stayed at the FCS level. They'd be perennial bottom dwellers in the ACC--basically what Rutgers is to the Big 10.

BYU has been rattling off 10+ win seasons for decades now...

Well they can't actually be worse than Rutgers. At least UConn is considered second-tier basketball blue blood.

And yeah, I get what you're saying. But WVU doesn't fit the ACC mindset. You could argue Louisville doesn't either but Louisville has a HUGE market to sell to. What does WVU have? What does WVU bring to the table? In fact, WVU being in the ACC probably makes recruiting harder for Pitt, VaTech, UVA, Louisville, and Notre Dame in the surrounding states. There are very few reasons the ACC would want WVU.

I would like football to start now please

CUSA guy here.

WKU just got a new coach and lost a bunch of players to graduation. They'll have a down year anyway.

Your best prospect out of CUSA is either Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, or UTSA.

Brace for impact.

>SMU this big

Settle down.

1. P5 teams schedule other P5 teams in OOC play.
2. Teams ranked based on what they've done, not potential.
3. Burn BYU to the ground.

>CUSA and SBC combine

Who the fuck started this meme, why not combine AAC and CUSA instead, or the B1G and SEC while you're at it.

>next expansion

The ACC has 14 goddamn teams, no conference should be any larger or they'll collapse under their own weight (WAC, Big East).

I feel like C-USA and SBC have a closer level of play than AAC and C-USA; not completely (Tulane is pretty bad), but for the most part.

Fair point, but conferences seem to follow the money, not logic. If the money points to expanding again, we'll see a 16 team ACC.

>I feel like C-USA and SBC have a closer level of play than AAC and C-USA; not completely (Tulane is pretty bad), but for the most part.
In 2016, yes. Not over time. Why can nobody here see past the short-term? Which reminds me:

>Fair point, but conferences seem to follow the money, not logic. If the money points to expanding again, we'll see a 16 team ACC.
Yes, that's more money short-term. Long-term, the bottom teams have less chance of winning anything, of national recognition, and become a joke. Like six Vandies. They'll want out. See also: WAC, Big East.

>72 days and a wake-up until kickoff, friends.

Mizzou

>rooting for beavers

The rightful heroes of the EEC

>WINNING % BY STATE

1. Oklahoma: .795
2. Wisconsin: .786
3. Washington: .741
4. Idaho .731
5. South Carolina: .714
6. Pennsylvania .707
7. Alabama : .704
8. Minnesota/Nebraska .692
10. Colorado/Kentucky .675
12. Michigan .600
13. Tennessee .596
14. Arkansas .577
15. Wyoming .571
16. Florida .566
17. Virginia .564
18. Maryland .556
19. Utah .553
20. West Virginia .520
21. California .511
22. Georgia/Hawaii .500
24. Ohio .495
25. Louisiana .492
26. North Carolina .489
27. Kansas/New Mexico .480
29. Mississippi .474
30. Iowa .440
31. Texas .433
32. New York .378
33. Nevada .375
34. Massachusetts .360
35. Indiana .347
36. Arizona/Illinois/Missouri/Oregon .333
40. Connecticut .250
41. New Jersey .167

>YANKEES BTFO

dafuq is this

1.voting replaced with win loss records
2.u of I go to fcs
3. Dakota schools go up to fbs levels

Is there an NCAA college where the men's soccer team is the most popular team, the most respected and most important. And where the football team is a total disappointment and not at all popular?

the winning percentage of the FBS schools in each state

>each state
Oklahoma is cheating then, it gets OK State while TX's is brought down by all the G5 riffraff.

Get that shit outta here.

>UL Monroe has no OOC games scheduled after 2019

what does it mean?

Probably haven't scheduled that far. A bigger question is why Alabama is playing Duke as their P5 matchup. It will be a weak schedule if Bama adds a FCS team.

This is in 2019 btw.

Wvu belongs in the acc. All of our former rivals (miami, virginia tech, pitt) plus were actually good in both football and basketball.

Also, the meme that WVU has a small market is a lie. The entire statae minus huntington id devoted to WVU, plus many of the people that moved out of the state now live in areas like North Carolina, virginia, pennsylvania and tennessee.

They're G5 so they're fluid; it's unlikely they're planning to leave the conference because SBC just kicked two other teams out. Going from 12 teams to 10 to 9 and then seeking a replacement doesn't make much sense.

But then again, when did the G5 make sense.

>WVU belongs in the ACC because we used to share a conference with them.
Has it occurred to you they moved to get the fuck away from you.

The population of West Virginia is 1.8 million, so yes, you're small-market.

Regards,
The City

>the size of a fanbase is determined by the state its in
Has it ever occured to you that people sometimes move out of states?
>teams moving out of a conference because of one team
Riiiiight

Maybe Texas should just stop having so many shit G5s

I didn't say WV didn't have out-of-state fans. You're the one who introduced "small market." Market refers to the TV market, that is entirely different from a fanbase. What do words mean.

>everyone hates WV
I'm sorry you took me literally, so let's try again: The teams what left the BE for ACC are elite. WV is not elite. WV will never be elite. You're a mid-major who got lucky because the Big 12 was desperate. When the Big 12 explodes, you can enjoy your time in the AAC where you belong.

Peace out.

1. Ohio State redeem themselves from last playoff and wins a natty again
2. Michigan get so BTFO'd that they get moved to the FCS
3. All Big Ten Bowl Sweep

It's not their fault their state is so popular.

Or maybe it is.

>being this assblasted at WVU

lel

West Virginia is elite. They're regularly a top 25 team in both football and basketball. Not many programs can say that.

>won 4 bcs bowl games in the last decade
>mid major
Good meme friend

>counting the bcs

The memeist meme that ever meme'd.

Oh hey guise, what's going on in this thread?

>Bama finally hobbled
>Best Clemson players graduated
>B1G in a rebuilding year for three years running

WHAT CHAOS WILL 2018 BRING

>>Bama finally hobbled
lelno
why would bama be hobbled?

Bill Snyder gets his ring