Why does nobody produce music with this level of attention to detail and quality anymore?

Why does nobody produce music with this level of attention to detail and quality anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_s0TyuAEMhE?t=7m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
youtube.com/watch?v=pbRDtCcCrpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because nu-males will call it "cringe"

Because it's not worth it, there is too much music, there's a high chance people won't notice your music and if they will they will not listen to the album enough to take in the large ammount of details you put in, they'll listen to your album on spotify once, maybe twice if you're lucky and then they'll move on to something else.

No appreciation for vision

This

but there's a lot of quality industrial coming out, it just gets no publicity

Such as?

I can't believe I used to think this album was too long.

The NIN Eps.
Youth Code
3TEETH

>responding to questions you weren't asked with bad answers

So you can accuse me of shilling?

Sure there's good industrial, but that's besides the point. There are no Fragile-teir monoliths being made anymore, the production of music modern music is very lazy and generic or people doing random fl studio presets, where is the magnificent Trent Reznor audio engineering autism?

I at least have the autism covered

?

wrong pic

Remember when Fantano reviewed this and suddenly it garnered about 15 threads at any given time

I mean I'm pretty glad he did otherwise I wouldn't have heard about it.

Ya I thought it was funny how huge it was on here
good album

>tfw it took half a decade to get The Fragile out and in that time Reznor got clean on Bowie's insistence, started the album. lost family, relapsed, threw out most the original work, planned out a suicide, wrote one song, built a 2 hour album and hours of solid material on that one song, only to have the album shit upon at release (primarily based on one iffy song) and having it take another decade before people finally understood it.

What was the iffy song? Somewhat Damaged?

he didn't get sober until after the album

starfuckers
somewhat damaged is clearly one of the best

Yeah Somewhat Damaged is amazing i just remember reading about the rolling stones shitting on the lyrics

Starfuckers. It was a response to Manson's backstabbing bashing.

There's a couple interviews about how he got clean in 96-97. It's also touched on in Reznor's Bowie eulogy that he got sober shortly after meeting him, but that fell apart by the I'm Afraid of Americans thing

what the fuck am I listening too :o

Oh man its so good, I really hope you enjoy it

>he didn't get sober until after the album
Actually, during The Fragile, of its recording, he felt like he was getting better and was heading towards something good, look at some interviews, he talked about how he felt better about himself as a person and such, that is why The Fragile has some positive songs, possibly the most positive and lightest in the entire discography, the album has hope in it, it was AFTER The Fragile's release and during its tour when things got really fucked up and he relapsed back, not sure if into drugs and booze, but he sure as hell relapsed back into depression hard on, he even accidentally over-dosed on heroine which almost killed him, all this created the EP "Still".

While the Still's renditions of old songs is beatiful, I think it the creation of Still was because Trent really wanted desperately to get out his sadness, and he had no ideaes or motivations to create new songs mostly, the other stuff seems like The Fragile outtakes, new stuff seems to be instrumental.

Here is Trent's interview where he seems more positive. Specifically linking to the point where Trent states he likes himself more after the record
youtu.be/_s0TyuAEMhE?t=7m12s

Has anyone listened to the 2017 remasters? Im thinking about picking them up

Broken sounds fantastic

I love this album.

I deff agree the first side was great and disc two didnt seem that needed.

Must be the atmosphere. People are too quick to criticize works that seem pretencious. The pressure to not be pretentious might be stagnating to the creative process of aspiring music artists.

ep3 when? jk trent, take your time

I was just thinking earlier how NIN's music, despite having been very popular, is overall not actually that accessible. Only the releases that were closest to a more traditional rock sound (The Downward Spiral, With Teeth, Hesitation Marks) are kinda the ones that got him the mainstream love.

Pretty Hate Machine was closer to EBM which has never really been that popular.

Broken was very distorted sounding rock, too distorted for most rock fans to enjoy but also everything has this kinda grainy distortion that would make it not as easy for metal fans to like it.

Fragile has this really weird take on ambient music that sounds like some weird Autechre+King Crimson combo.

Year Zero has the noisy hardcore techno grooves.

Ghosts is actual dark ambient and that's never chill with normies.

And lastly The Slip has a bit of everything including the less accessible stuff.

I love the record, but you know there's other kinds of complex electronic music out there, too, and there's stuff like classical music and jazz which have released even more detailed stuff before and after this record?
>one hour's worth of material stretched to four hours somehow constitutes being very detailed
If you wanted to pick a four hour long thing, elseq1-5 would be the better option because it constantly has a lot of tiny moving parts going on at all times.

you think Autechre is more detailed than IN?

Have you even heard those Impossible Nothing albums? They are filled with variation and are more detailed than what you suggest.

Why the fuck do people hate these albums so much? They are free and amazing.

Trent knows how to write a pop song and pick the perfect singles to get his music out there to the masses, but these singles are really just entry level to the rest of his work.

Reminder that Trent lurks and could be in this thread right mow

not true

who cares?

>Youth Code
>3TEETH
o I am laffin

is it possible to get the sounds of this album without a modular setup and only using vsts?

Yes. IN brings versatility in beats, but none of his beats are ever as busy as the stuff Autechre does especially Autechre's more recent stuff. Don't confuse versatility for complexity and detail.
Like I told the other guy, don't confuse versatility for complexity. IN will never have a ton of different parts going at the same time, and his music is super repetitive. Like each track will play the same damn beat for three to five minutes with the only change being something shallow/simple like one part of the beat slowly fades left/right. People don't like the guy mainly because he has cool ideas that get boring thanks to stretching them out for way too long for the sake of his "every album has gotta have 26 tracks all 10 minutes long" bullshit concept. Not only that, but while Autechre comparison is a bit much since Autechre's whole shtick is many very tiny moving parts, even by like hip hop standards there's often not much happening at any time in a beat, with other instrumental hip hop works like Endtroducing or Metaphorical Music being far more dense/layered. Lastly, from an originality and versatility perspective, Lil Ugly Mane has him beat with his Third Side Tape which not only did this hodge podge hip hop concept first, but goes even further than any IN record in terms of having different outer influences that range from drone to acid house to black metal.

Autechre is literally just algorithms and ableton randomizing plugins modulating what you are hearing while using very few sounds. Maybe one sound or two sounds being modulated at once seems to blow your mind. There's not very many moving parts or sounds.

I think you don't know very much about composition at all.

----
The second part of your post is just completely stupid. Listen to the albums and then post in the future.

>Autechre is more dense and layered
>LUM is more versatile and has more influences
>Endtroducing is more layered and dense

Me

lol i'm just here to talk shit amongst doing other things at the same time

youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

>who is Steven Wilson

yes who is steve wilson

They do. Look Harder.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbRDtCcCrpk

See, your argument would make sense if
1. Elseq's tracks didn't have more than two moving parts at once, but it has a lot more than that. Perhaps this can also be because each part just happens to be super detailed, but that's still putting a lot of work in there.

2. That an individual tracks don't have structural changes, meaning that all change comes strictly from modulation through Max's Device Randomizer. But this is also not true as there are structural changes.

I don't think you have actually messed with a DAW to see how much work goes into something like vs making a beat, and stretching it for way too long like IN does with the most minor, laziest modulation possible.

Rodeo by Travis Scott comes to mind honestly. It's a very detailed and well produced album.

they do but you're in the wrong genre

Also to add to the thread...