What's the reason behind this?

What's the reason behind this?

Compensating.

humor is how you rationalize with reality

Humor helps depressed people cope.

*Are more likely to be

I doubt comedians are any more depressed than most others.

They are certainly better at hiding it though. Makes it harder to believe when they kill themselves.

people say blah blah blah coping, and comedians are all fucked up but for me it's about intellect

how many dumb people are funny or depressed? the correlation between intellect, wit, ability to be funny and be depressed is pretty much all that

except bob kelly and rich vos

It's because comedians keep their minds on the negative things in life. Think about it, when is the last time someone joked about happy things? 99% of the time a comedian will rant about things that either depress them or piss them off. So yeah, it makes total sense that they would be more miserable than everybody else

I don't know why but I'll guess.

A need to please others can make you depressed. Comedians thrive on external validation. Spend all your life trying to impress everyone around you. I think George Carlin said a lot of comedy is "Look at me! Aren't I clever?"

Comedians might also be more introspective than others, they might spend a lot of time in their head.

Louis CK said "A lot of comedy is a defense. A shield or an arrow shot by a wounded person into a cruel world. A lot of comedy is about not giving a shit. Or trying not to. Or acting like things don't hurt. Or like it doesn't matter that it hurts when it does."

There is also the Dunning-Kruger effect. Stupid people are too stupid to know how stupid they are. And ignorance is bliss. Meaning, the smarter you get, maybe the greater your capacity for suffering. In the face of suffering, you might laugh or cry. "If I weren't laughing, I'd be crying."

Thinking about negative things doesn't make you depressed, by that logic every police officer, nurse/doctor/paramedic, care worker of any sort etc. who would on a daily basis be dealing with criminal, drug addicts, badly injured people, terminally ill people and so on would be depressed, but the vast majority of them aren't.
Certainly along a long enough time frame it gets to some of them, but I really don't think if people were as weak as to get literally depressed over joking about negative things that they could spend 20/30+ years in those sorts of professions without going insane.

he thought that because he was depressed

it's a meme

comedians are generally very smart

smarts = depression

A lot of comedy deals with the annoyances of life, other people, things that don't make sense, realizing how arbitrary so many things are, just stupid things in general, how stupid it is that some things are the way they are.

If life was all sunshine and rainbows, there would be need to make people laugh.

Maybe that's why so many Jews excel at comedy. When you have seen the dark heart of humanity, the abyss of existence and life on Earth, what else can you do but laugh?

I think it's less "comedians are depressed" and more "depressed people are comedians". Comedy is a good coping mechanism.

that's probably why i'm so depressed

bullshit logic spread by retards.

they already know all the jokes, therefore nobody can make them laugh

>le 6 million

pussy

Going by your examples, tons of cops, nurses, doctors, paramedics, caregivers get burntout.

A lot of cops and even doctors might be in it for the thrill. But the daily grind just burns people out. Also, feeling like you have a higher purpose or higher calling or are doing meaningful work can be a bulwark against depression. If you no longer think your job has any meaning or purpose, you can get depressed.

Growing up and seeing MASH, I never realized why all these surgeons in Korea were cracking jokes with all this war and murder and destruction around them. How could they be cracking jokes about dead people, or a person they were operating on with their guts wide open?

Gallows humor is a defense against the bleakness of reality.

Also, I think comedians are always second-guessing themselves, and they may feel only as funny as their last joke.

I said nothing about 6 million.

But shouldn't you be spending time trying to argue how there are no Lunar Laser Ranging experiments on the moon?

Being funny requires insight.

Insight can crush people.

citation needed for god's sake

upvoted my good sir

People share more problems than they do joys. Everyone has relationship problems. Everyone ages. Etc. Shit's easier to relate to.

So your explanation for why there are so many Jewish comedians is because Jews control all the media?

In Psychology Today, Paul Chance reviewed a book by Lawrence Epstein and wrote that Jews make up about 3% of the US population, but 80% of professional comics are Jewish.

>80%

that is a jewish lie

>jews can't possibly control the media through nepotism and treachery
>here's a jew admitting they do

not that guy but jews have been in comedy as far as a business for a long time the difference is attel is an actually good comedian and the jews they shove in your face as comedians aren't

jews like everything in life fuck it up for everyone else if they cant control it

Because when you have a joke with friends, it's just a bit of fun. When making people laugh is your job, you commoditize one of the few things humans all around the world fundamentally have in common. As such, you are no longer part of the natural order of society.

they are masochists so its a fitting end for them

who else would get up on stage like that, ripe for ridicule

Do Jews also control the Nobel Prize committee through nepotism and treachery? Because in addition to their between a disproportionate number of Jewish comedians, there are also a disproportionate number of Jewish Nobel Prize winners.

>jews are crafty and control the banks and the financial industry
>jews aren't intelligent

All comedians are failed writers= tom hanks.
All musicians are failed philosophers=john frusciante. 2312planet

Actually a lot of those people are depressed or suffer from burnout or substance abuse (which is equally bad).
It's no surprise though, those jobs aren't easy and you are often helpless and/or have to face the worst.

I do agree though that constantly just joking about something doesn't make you sick.

They say the same about any kind of artist.
To make art, you need to suffer.
There are lots of articles about this very topic out there.

I agree with though, I'd say it's more about intellect than anything else.
Smart people are unable to ignore what's happening in the world.
They tend to overthink and analyze everything.
They are way too aware for their own good.
Good comedians do the same (not sure if all of them are also smart, depends on how you define it I guess).

On top you get that being funny all the time means people expect it from you.
Sooner or later you are that funny person, both to yourself and others, and showing and accepting other emotions gets harder and harder.

You're arguing against yourself and losing.

Jews are very intelligent, they're also parasites destroying civilization by enforcing slave morality on the goyim.