That awkward-looking neck piece

>that awkward-looking neck piece

They literally had one job

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_Palpatine_Surgical_Reconstruction_Center
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader's_armor
youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looks fine in this shot, you shitlord.

Nah, I thought people were being autistic at first but then I went back and looked at the OT and PT costumes and it really does look like a discount store party costume. That neckline in inexcusable, this coming from someone here who's interested in Rogue One.

Yeah. It looks terrible.

>thing get changed
>REEEEEEEEEE it's horrible how dare they change stuff

>things remain the same
>REEEEEEE literally nothing new added no improvement REEEE

Can't win.

But when you change the costume of an existing character in a prequel it ruins the continuity. This isn't the same as complaining about them using the same plot over and over again.

kylo ren

They've tried to make it look like his ANH look, not his ESB look that's pictured here

Does it even matter, OP? I'll never prove it but I swear I have the impression you don't really care and you're driving yourself harder than the subject deserves.

If it makes you feel any better, you won't be paying any attention to his neck when you're watching the actual movie.
Fanboys ALWAYS sperg out over costume designs but in the end it's completely inconsequential when the film is good enough as a whole.

the problem is that the guy in the vader suit isn't built the same as dave prowse so the costume looks different on him

That's actually really impressive
I don't suffer from crippling autism so id never notice it but it's still a cool attention to detail

If I flipped some of those switches, would he die?

looks really bad

>the problem is that the guy in the vader suit isn't built the same as dave prowse so the costume looks different on him
That's what costume fittings and screen tests are for.

Hayden Christensen looked ok in that suit ffs

It would be extremely painful.

>unlimited mouse money
>can't get a tall, roided dude to waltz around in a suit for 20 minutes
no excuses

He won't have more than 5 minutes of screentime, though.

They could have just made Vader full CGI, like they did with Kylo Ren in than scene with Snoke.

No one would have noticed.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_Palpatine_Surgical_Reconstruction_Center
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader's_armor

I remember when Entertainment Weekly did their thing for Episode 7 and everyone reacted exactly the same. This isn't the finished product, it may look cheap there but I'm 90% sure it will look better in the actual film.

It's a still from a movie that's due out in three weeks.

It's the huge prison guard that had Starlord's Walkman playing Vader.

the raised chin gives anakin a comforting sense of being on higher ground than he actually is. sheev's attention to detail was evident here.

Vader probably has dozens of suits of armor. His boss owns the goddamn galaxy. 3 years prior to this story, his helmet gets wrecked fighting his former apprentice on Rebels.

I honestly cannot see a difference.

I get that it's a kids show, but why does his face look untouched? And I thought the eyebrows weren't canon anymore.

>he doesn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

It's very clear that they were trying to recreate the ANH costume, it's just that the people involved although I'm sure talented enough, just weren't as familiar with the original costume as they needed to be in order to create a faithful representation. The result is a version that looks like a mid level fan made ANH costume. The shoulders look like giant football shoulder pads. The codpiece is HUGE and puffy, the chest armor is painted incorrectly, the capes were incorrectly patterned and poor fabric choices were used. The inner robe is under the chest armor. And there is weird amateurish looking dremel damage on the chestbox that doesn't belong. Had they only asked (or cared enough) I could have provided them with a near perfect replication of the original ANH costume.

>he doesn't know about the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center