Can I get some classical recommendations?

Can I get some classical recommendations?
I dont know anything about the genre, apart from the obvious songs that get played a lot.
I'm looking for long symphonies and I've recently been listening to
Richard Strauss - Metamorphosen.

Also it would be good if they were youtube links so I can just add them to a playlist for when I'm writing or reading.

/classical general/ I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dbbtmskCRUY?t=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"listening" to classical music while writing or reading
never gonna make it

Ludwig van Mozart - Requiem for a Tower

I knew I'd get some faggot response like this.

I know this one. Thanks anyway. I'm looking for something less "tense" sounding if that makes sense.

can anybody recommend me some good books to read while studying for my physics final?

>long symphonies
Just listen to all symphonies by Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, Bruckner, Mahler, Prokofiev, Shostakovich. It is good background music
>pause for howls of protest
and you will eventually get more in to it, listen more astutely and branch out to their other works

can anybody rec me some good tv shows to watch while readoing dostoevsky?

Dog the Bounty Hunter, The Great British Bakeoff, Star Trek Voyager. Really compliments the existential angst and ennui.

Handmaid's Tail

can anybody rec some good videogames to play while I'm writing my term paper?

Hard Rain

>what is background music

you absolute fucking plebs.

what is your point? I'm just asking for recs for background books, tv shows, and videogames.

You having fun? Thanks for the bumps though friendo

I'd have to recommend my favorite symphony, Tchaikovsky's fifth. It has a few clear "tunes" so it's easy to get into.
What's your opinion on string quintets? Dvorak's American quintet is definitely something I'd suggest to a newbie.

I don't listen to that much, but because I play piano I like Brahms' solo piano work as background music, it's pretty soothing, and Chopin is up there, too, though sometimes I get carried away litsening to it and can't focus, cuz his piano pieces are so insane and beautiful.
Mozart is and always has been good background music, pretty much everything that doesn't have vocals I'd suggest.
Schubert is another good one for background music, cuz his music isn't that complicated, it makes for easy listening.

What are you reading/writing for user? Good luck!

Thanks, I do like string quints, I like this one from what you recommended:

youtu.be/dbbtmskCRUY?t=1

Tchaikovsky's fifth sounds a bit too busy. I appreciate it but not for what I'm looking for.
I want something that's in the background thats soothing to listen too but wont consume my all of my focus.

Thanks I'll check them out! Not really writing for anything. Just a habit I want to get myself into as a form of therapy. I'm finding it helps me formulate my days and thoughts just before I go to bed.

Ah, ok. Then you should try "Estampes" and "Reverie" by Debussy. They're good pieces, and I'd recommend a listen when you're done with homework too!

Just listen to guys that easy to get into that don't do super complex stuff. Vivaldi (Four Seasons), Mozart (Requiem), Satie (Gymnopedies), and Reich (Music For 18 Musicians) are all good starts. Keep in mind though that your background music shtick will only work for about 15 minutes it's just how the psychology/biology works after that the increased focus effect wears off, also that it can technically be achieved by film music and ambient stuff, too.

Just started listening and I'm enjoying Schubert.
Thanks for all the useful and kind replies. I'm heading to bed now but I'll check this thread in the morning.

Night lads. Hope you have a good day /night ahead of you.

Wagner, Richard.
van Beethoven, Ludwig.
Bach, Johann Sebastian.
Brahms, Johannes.
Bruckner, Anton.
Chopin, Frédéric.
Debussy, Achille-Claude.
Dvořák, Antonín.
Handel, Georg Friedrich.
Mahler, Gustav.
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus.
Mussorgsky, Modest.