Worst Radiohead

Worst Radiohead

only soyboys prefer what Radiohead has done in the last 16 years to this. In Rainbows is the ONLY possible exception.

What the fuck does this even mean
HTTT is way more aggressive than The Bends

somebody please get me into radiohead

>implying "aggressive" alone is a meaningful way to measure what "good" Radiohead is

go listen to Metallica

Oh fucking hell, it's not a measure of being good but of being meek. What am I arguing for

Listen to OKC and Kid A and if you don't like it don't bother because these 2 albums pretty much embody Radiohead's earlier and later discography respectively

KotL was a mistake.

>suggesting Kid A as an entry album

I think Pablo Honey is worse than the bends

Planet Telex's guitar textures alone are worth more than the near entirety of Pablo Honey. Having said that,

The Bends is also some of the mopiest music the band ever wrote. Early 00s Radiohead was more neurotic and IR/TKOL are more chilled out and restrained, even vaguely optimistic in spots. Only AMSP is outright mopier music than The Bends, though to be fair Thom had plenty reason to be down in the dumps on that one.

It's the most underrated Radiohead

Anyone member when this album became a forced meme and the catalog was 50-60% this album cover?

Couldn't do that with any other Radiohead album so it isn't worst by default

This album had some good ideas, chief among them the live sampling on Give Up The Ghost, but they just hadn't quite reeled it in, it still sounded very formative on this record. They revisit a lot of this album's ideas with greater maturity on AMSP with songs like Daydreaming, Ful Stop, Present Tense and The Numbers. It's alright but the band was playing with ideas they simply hadn't mastered yet.

>The Bends
>Kid A
>Ok Computer
>In Rainbows
>everything else
The official Sup Forums ranking of radiohead albums

>Reddit spacing
>Thinking Kid A is 'too experimental' to start with

If any album is a summary of the band's career it's Hail to the Thief.

>Reddit spacing
this isn't a thing

stop trying to make it one

DUDE LET'S RIP OFF ROCKET MAN
DUDE LET'S RIP OFF HEARTSHAPED BOX

absolutely incorrect, and by a large margin

It's better than Pablo Honey, TKOL, AMSP, HTTT, and [spoiler]Amnesiac[/spoiler]

Fite me

Worse than anything was that TKOL was static, boring, and behind the curve to me.

I feel like it took them until Moon Shaped Pool to get a further grasp of how they want to incorporate more modern production techniques to making mellow music like they want

>dude let's rip off heart shaped box

Are you referring to my iron lung? You're reaching boi

Yeah, it was a mistake they'd eventually learned from, an experiment. Still, it's mostly unlistenable to me, and I don't mind glitch/IDM/whatever.

See, I don't think it's unlistenable at all. If anything the band's just spinning their wheels a bit compositionally, only with slightly more of a krautrock flavor and an album flow not entirely unlike Remain In Light. It's a bit haphazard sure, but I've never understood what was unlistenable about it, it's not THAT far off from their typical MO. Even Feral sounds like some kind of psych freakout thing to me, I don't think it's particularly off-putting.

Bad and wrong opinion.

This but unironically

I didn't mean it in the "off-putting" sense, rather boring and empty. It has neither melancholy, which I always kind of expect from them, nor that krautrock-ish hypnotic feeling. I guess it just doesn't work for me.