He was the most based character in the movie

He was the most based character in the movie
>acknowledges that tipping is retarded
>runs of with money before cops arrive

Other urls found in this thread:

myplan.com/careers/top-ten/lowest-paying.php
youtube.com/watch?v=3GgXCTb0hGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tipping is retarded. but you should still tip.

Why can't waiters and shit get paid what they deserve and not require tips.

France can at least get that right.

>runs of with money

Someone didn't watch the movie.

>giving someone money because he's doing his job
american "culture" everyone

Because the government taxes tips and regulates minimum wage. It's entirely an artificial problem

Not to mention actually thinking the situation through and keeping his head

>acknowledges that tipping is retarded

You realise that he was written as an asshole for this, right? That speech was never intended for the viewer to think "ohhh he's right you know", it was intended for them to think "what a doucebag"

Doesn't stop him from being right. Tipping is only a thing so that the minimum wage can be kept well below the level of a living wage because business owners are cheapskate fucks. I've never been to a country outside of the US where tipping is seen as anything other than a complimentary bonus.

He got arrested in the end

Funny how most people thought he was right anyway.

People on Sup Forums don't count. Try not tipping in the real world and see where it gets you.

I do that everyday because I live in a not stupid country to work in where we pay people well enough you don't need to tip.

Tipping restaurant servers is really daft though.

Why are they somehow more deserving of your tip than say a bus driver or a hairdresser?

They do their job and get paid for that job.

Bus drivers don't make $3 an hour.

They get paid like shit and need the tips. Their wage alone is not enough. It's a stupid system and they should just raise minimum wage to something that isn't 3rd world tier but that doesn't mean you shouldn't tip.

Tipping is cancer, and I have never done it. Enterprises themselves should fix better wages for the staff

You can't expect business to not be as competitive as they can just to be nice. The government needs to fix wages.

I just googled "lowest paid jobs in america" so don't lynch me if this info is incorrect or outdated.

myplan.com/careers/top-ten/lowest-paying.php

Here we can see other low paid jobs in both restaurant business and outside it.

You wouldn't tip the guy that washes the plates you eat off even though he makes shit pay.

A cashier? No tip for that person either.

For some reason, waiters have been singled out for this kind treatment that most other low paying jobs do not get, and I think that is what people find absurd with the custom of tipping and the stigma of not doing it.

Who defines what wage they should have? Why are they trying to live a lifestyle that requires a better wage of they don't have a job to sustain that wage? Get a better job.

Neither do waitresses or anyone else working legally.

Stop embarrassing yourself, there never was any kind of argument for tipping and there will never be. Cucks tip, others don't, that all there is to it.

I think they shot him dead, we hear gunshots

youtube.com/watch?v=3GgXCTb0hGQ

What did Mr. Pink mean by this?

you should only tip if they do a good job. they're working a shit job, so showing some appreciation goes a long way for them.

tipping is not required but encouraged

American service is way better than the rest of the world.

You're only saying this because you're behind anonymity.

>Who defines what wage they should have?
Minimum wage and market forces.

>Get a better job.
Jobs don't grow on trees. Do you really think if they were offered a job that required no experience, skills, or education and paid better they would take? Of course. But most people take those jobs because they need money and it's all they get.

Of your list only half ever see anyone who could tip them. That being said that wasn't the question. The question was why do we tip waiters but not bus drivers or hairdressers and the answer we gave is because they get paid more. Having other equally lowed-paid jobs with customer interaction they don't get tips only means it's inconsistent, not that waiters don't need tips.

Because then they would have to raise the prices of food and it would become unreasonable. The reason you can get a giant plate full of freshly made food for $7-9 is because the employees make less than minimum wage.

I mean it. I've been all over Europe and they suck at service, especially the mediterranean countries.

Burgerfats are so friendly, you get free shit with your meal always. Tipping becomes easier when you feel like they deserve it.

Too bad the food is utter shit in the USA then.

Good food with decent service > shit food with good service.

Europe =/= the whole world. Also there are a fuck load of European countries. Sure the French are rude but the Dutch frighten me with how pleasant they are. My experience is that the service is usually worse in the US than my home country (which is not European).

So instead of paying as en example 17$ for something with a $3 tip, paying a straight up $20 is too much? And anyway the effect of raising minimum wage is on the amount of jobs out there, not on the price of goods. Because the US minimum wage is so low their would be a low raise in unemployment but most business earn more than enough that the increase would only mildly cut into their profit margins. Just look up data about the raising of minimum wage in any western country.

You're not paying $7-9 if you're leaving a tip now, aren't you?

In america even bus drivers will ask for tips.

okay

>France can at least get that right.
I don't know where you got the idea that French people don't tip, lots of them do.

Tipping is exclusively an American-Anglo thing so it's obviously retarded. Like circumcision or going to the church every sunday.

He wasn't saying they don't tip, he was saying they don't require tips.

>Or winning world wars

You mean just an American thing. The rest of the Anglo world doesn't tip, don't circumcise and haven't gone to church in 40 years.

My country also won both world wars.

Yeah, because restaurants are massive revenue generators with no risk involved.

Some C(an)ucks and Aussies still cut their children, though the majority stopped doing that.

>jobs don't grow on trees

Obviously you're not a lumberjack

op is a dirty stingy jew

You can hear him get lit up by the cops. Did you even watch the movie.

I was always told that if you listen closely you can tell that he gets apprehended. Lots of anons are saying he gets killed though.

found the black people in this thread. nobody thinks tipping makes sense, but if you live in the US and don't tip "out of principle" or because you think you're somehow contributing to the cause of eliminating tipping, you're a complete faggot.

>food is utter shit in the USA

what a desperate attempt at a jab; you probably think we all just eat McDonald's and diner food lol. LEL IT'S AMERICA EVERYTING ABOUT IT MUDT BE BAD

nah he doesn't die.They arrest him alive

>Go into a store to buy some beer and chips at 8PM at night
>80 year old woman who should be with his grandkids at home telling them stories about WW2 and asking where Mum keeps the sherry but instead is here hobbles over to me
>Hi Sir, how may I help you today?
>Try to hide my disgust at a system where pensioners have to work ungodly (to them) hours assisting retards who need to buy beer and chips.

What a great country.

He gets out on parole and suffers an ironic fate as a waiter at a 50's throwback joint that sells overpriced milkshakes.

No-one's got an issue with that, it's the whole idea of "automatic 20% tip even if they were terrible" that really irks non-americans. That's not a fucking tip, stop calling it that. You're just charging your customers for their food in a needlessly circuitous manner that depends on mental mathematics and vague threats from your waitstaff.