"I don't believe I've played for a superteam."

"I don't believe I've played for a superteam."

What did he mean by this, other than throwing Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen under the bus?

Other urls found in this thread:

landofbasketball.com/teams/records_cleveland_cavaliers.htm
basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-ONplZGFZa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Kyrie+Love
>a super team
Lmfao nice one.

2011-2014 Heat were for sure a superteam though, Lebron's a shithead for pretending like it wasn't

it means he knows he's not goat and any team with him is not super

Completely delusional

Three all-stars on the same team is a superteam.

he's scrambling for relevance because he knows he'll never be Jordan tier, and will in the next 5-8 years be overtaken by Curry too.

Already trying to downplay Curry's achievements as damage control. SAD!

Curry?? I mean I dont like lebron really, but currys a lil bitch lol He not about that legend life

No it isn't.

James Worthy said today that Kevin Durant has overtaken LeBron James as the best player in basketball, and I think it's a legitimate conversation because Durant's defense appears superior to LeBron's now. It sure looked to me like Kevin did a lot better when LeBron was guarding him than LeBron did with Kevin guarding him.

Thank you for your opinion, LeBron.

let it go LeBron, you lost, OKAY!

a super team is 3 hall of famers.

Cavs are like 1 hof and then Kyrie who we know now will be in the hof with the way he has played and will continue to play.

>2011-2014 Heat were for sure a superteam though, Lebron's a shithead for pretending like it wasn't

They were supposed to be but Wade was already past his prime.

He means that he didn't play for a super team. If you disagree then oh well.

>Curry
>not Durant

at least try to make your shitposting sensible

I don't even like Lebron. But if you think a inconsistent guard who can't play defense and a big in a diminished role + Lebron is a super team, it sounds like you're giving him more credit that he deserves.

Regardless if they're a superteam or not, how do you think Kyrie and Love feel about his comment?

>Durant's D superior to Lebron
heh. we wouldn't be talking about Durant's D if Kawai Leonard doesn't go down. not only can he not guard him, but he doesn't have a hope or prayer of guarding Aldridge or Gasol.
Lebron could hold off Gasol backing down and could bother Aldridge and could probably stay in front of Kawai.

>Three all-stars on the same team is a superteam.
That would make the Clippers a super team

hes a bitch, Wade, Bosh, Lebron was a superteam

on a separate note... he chose KLove.... idk why

>it sounds like you're giving him more credit that he deserves.
I'm pretty sure I just witnessed LeBron averaging a triple double in the finals while looking like the best defensive team in the league could do exactly jack shit towards stopping him from getting to the basket and scoring. That + two all-stars is a superteam.

were wade and bosh ever relevant again after Lebron left?

If that is a super team that what is a team that sweeps a super team? a mega team? an ultra team?

The GOAT team, obviously.

So stop comparing it to the heat who won 2/4. the fucking mavericks were better

Bosh was garbage. the heat did have 3 hofers tho, wade, lebron, ray allen, shit they even had Mike Bibby at one point even though he barely played the regular season.

Wade got old and Bosh has blood clots that doesn't mean they weren't great in their time.

>feelings
those are for females

Yeah but Ray Allen kinda made up for it, honestly. As a Wade fan I really wish he'd have still been in better condition those years.

>locker room chemistry is for females

If DUrant leaves then the big 3 of GSare still relevant. LeBron leaves and wade and bosh become literal whos.

>The GOAT team, obviously.

this is true

Will literally any of Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen be considered an MVP?

Will literally any of Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen be HoF?

Theres bad teams, like the 76'ers
Theres average teams, like the Raptors.
Theres good teams like LeBrons Heat
Theres Great Teams lile LeBrons Cavs

Then theres Superteams with more than 1 MVP, Like the Warriors.

>locker room chemistry
So him saying they are a super team helps the chemistry how?

bosh was fine, ray had that 1 shot

He didn't need to say they're a superteam. He just needed to not say they aren't. He wasn't asked if Cleveland was a superteam. He was asked what he thought of the concept of a superteam and he voluntarily threw Kyrie and Love under the bus with his answer for no good reason.

The current Cavs are not a super team. Did they ever make the playoffs before LeBron came back? Take him off and they won't make it again. If taking off one player makes the team suck its not a super team. Its a shit team with one person carrying it.

Wade and Allen are HoF locks.
Kyrie might be HoF. He's played out of his fucking mind in two finals already.

you're on crack if you don't think Kyrie will enter the hall of fame. he has the clutch gene and has killer instinct. people forget he won the 3 point contest back when Steph still needed his asshole wiped because of his glass ankle.

Wade definitely will, though not for the years he played with Lebron, but back in the Shaq/Mourning days. Back when he got All-Star MVP.

I miss those days..

Stating facts is not throwing people under the bus. The Cavs are not a super team. They have how many wins? 50?

kyrie and love would make the playoffs easily

Ray Allen had that one shot? lol. he's the best 3 point shooter in the NBA or was before he retired.

>super team is 3/5 HOF

Are the Spurs a super team?

> he has the clutch gene and has killer instinct.
these are kobefag memes. it has nothing to do with getting into the hall of fame.

Yeah but that was after 4 years. 4 years from now Durant could leave and Curry's ankles could break and kill his career but it doesn't mean the role he played while Durant was there was worthless. Your argument is trash.

They are a superteam. It's just that they're coached by Tyronne Lue.

>clutch
0-6 on his last 6 shots and 0 points in the 4th, real clutch

How many points are the Cavs outscored by when LeBron is on the bench?

i'm making a case for his game, not for him getting into the HoF, no shit.
but if Iverson can get in, he definitely is.

>hurrr durrr durr durr
we are talking about the Heat

The premise of the question he asked is false. That's like someone asking me what I think about trannies being that I'm a tranny. I'm not just going to answer the question like he didn't call me a tranny

yeah people get tired from driving to the basket and running around Steph's 40 elbow picks all game, he also has to play D.

Imagine this Cavs team coached by Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich.

You're an idiot.

LeBron has been to what? 8 straight finals? LeBron is the x-factor as he has switched teams twice in that span.

Golden State has been to what? 3 straight finals? Durant isnt the x factor since theyve been to two of them.without him.

Golden State can win a finals without Durant.

LeBrons Miami and Cleveland teams cant even win a round 1 without him.

Thats the difference between a good team and a superteam

I'm only stating facts. Wade and Bosh are bums.

oh you're talking about their performance in that one finals game? okay, then, yeah.

If they're so "super" why can't they stay healthy? If warriors go 2-2 and then break their everything they won't be seen as a super team either. Actually they would because of the win record but it would be disappointing for a super team and heat don't have that record.

>adding kevin love wouldnt move the Cavs from the 10 seed to the 8 seed

landofbasketball.com/teams/records_cleveland_cavaliers.htm

0/10 shitpost

This is damage control / excuses.

"Oh, see the Warios were a SUPER team! How could I be expected to compete against a team with FIVE talented guys?"

Fuck you, Lebron. This is how basketball works.

>hurr durr durrrrr

we talking about ray allen on the heat

he averaged 10pts

basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html

so yeah, he basically had that one shot that mattered

Love probably feels exactly like he should right now

When Kyrie takes a trash team all the way to the finals like Iverson and LeBron did he can be in the HoF.

Where were you when Kevin Durant officially showed the world he's better than LeBron James?

youtube.com/watch?v=-ONplZGFZa8

>excuses
He was never on a super team. Where's the excuse?

If LeBron goes to the Western Conference in the offseason it's entirely feasible that Kyrie could carry the Cavs to the Finals single-handedly.

Has Durant averaged a triple double in the finals? If LeBron joined the warriors and Durant joined the Cavs then Durant would be 0-2 and LeBron would have 4 more rings. People say LeBron is worse than Kobe because he only has 2 less. Its literally all circumstance.

>muh statpadding
Between Kevin and LeBron only one of the two showed up defensively in the Finals.

Why didn't he go to the finals in 2012/13/14? He should have clutched gnede and killer insticed his way there

>person has bad stats
>he sucks
>person has good stats
>stat padding
interest pattern

NBA refereeing ensures LeBron makes the finals every year. There's really no point in trying to make the finals when another team in your conference has a player who is literally allowed to travel and charge at will.

>NBA refereeing ensures LeBron makes the finals every year.
Why did they chose him to make go to the finals every year? Everyone hates him. Does that make sense user?

I'm more shocked people expected LeBron to say he played for a super team. He isn't from redit where people say shit like that. He's a grown man.

People get memes confused with real life. LeBron saying he plays for a super team would be like Trump saying he has tiny hands. It would be very cringy

>what is a heel
People watch because they want to see LeBron lose. This is why Mayweather made so much money per fight.

see

So you're saying in order to create a heel they have a man go to the finals every year but lose so people can hate him and gain satisfaction in him losing? That's fucking disgusting. Why are you watching this if you think thats the case

>wahhhh it's too hard, it's only fair when I'm the only one with a super team

ahahahahahahahahahahah nice legacy ya bitch. How can anyone want to be on his team when he heavily implies it is your fault they lost if you don't blatantly carry his ass?

Golden State has multiple 3 point shooters better than Ray Allen.

Also if that is the case then calling LeBron's teams super teams would be like calling the washington generals a super team. His teams are just set up to fail because people like watching him lose. There is nothing super about that. If LeBron is in on this script he knows he's the Washington generals captain and know his team is shit and destined to lose. Of course he will not say he's on super teams what the fuck

it wasn't really with that awful bench they had.

thunder had a superteam (harden, westbrook and durant)

couldnt beat legoat.

>How can anyone want to be on his team
because there are people who don't think like you and I know its hard for you to comprehend but there people who like lebron. you're like a tumblrina who can't fathom that someone likes trump.

Cavs bench this year is even worse

Relative to what the Warriors are now, with every starter being top tier and a deep bench, he never had a super team
Compared to the rest of the NBA, every team since dumping Cleveland the first time could be considered super

roster will never be good enough for him

>every team since dumping Cleveland the first time could be considered super
First team goes 2/4 and the next goes 1/3. That's really super. Bulls went 6/6 and have 3 HoFers? Not a super team lol lebron started super teams

LeBron's teams aren't necessarily set up to fail. People would hate him less if he would have 0 championships. He's a heel because he's an arrogant ass and he's successful.

>roster will never be good enough for him
How are they not good enough for him when he picked them? If he wanted to be on a super team he wouldn't grab Kevin Love. He'd join the team with best record like KD.

superstar+two all-stars=Big Three=super team
The only teams that fit these criteria right now are Cleveland and Golden State, and I'd argue that LeBald is now too old to be considered a superstar.

Bulls had 3 in an era where every team had just 1 (outside of past-their-prime teamups that always failed)
The only one that actually had 2 was Utah, and no way in fuck was Stern letting that market win anything. Even if he would, choke was built too far into Malone's soul so it'd never happen

Not all superteams are created equal. The Heat is a superteam, but the current Cavs aren't.

Kyrie Irving is 25 and has been in the league for what, 5 years? He'll probably go down as one of the greatest PGs of all time when he retires, but he is simply not at the level to be consistent in the finals despite going thrice (twice).

Kevin has been the better player since 2014. He has just had injury troubles/garbage team.

>>sport is 90% about height
>taller player is better
tell me more

lmao

he's going to disappear from the news once LeBron isn't there anymore

When you see someone chimp out on his teammates so easily, it definitely looks bad to potential free agents and stars looking to get traded.

>Curry about to tie with him in rings
Just bite the bullet and join the Warriors Bron

It depends on when LeBron retires. If LeBron plays for 5 more years, and slowly tapers out, I could see Irving being 30 and able to lead a team.

Imagine being Irving. He's 25 and has a championship under his belt already, he's pretty good and works with the best player on the plant. I'm 27, soon to be 28, and I post on Sup Forums all day and masturbate to anime at least four times a day.

Did you notice how Klay Thompson consistently shut down the much taller Kevin Love when he guarded him? Stuffed his jump shot twice.

To be fair to Kyrie, he was feasting during that game. Only once he picked up that injury mid-game to his knee/hip/back he started bricking shots. Kyrie didn't choke, his body gave up on him. It's sad really for that to happen in such a big moment. It happened game 1 of the 2015 series too. The Cavs ended up leading 2-1 in the series. Think they lose that series with Kyrie injured? Dude's a star, just watch him.