>anime posters

30 for 30 and mnf is the only thing i still like

>3 parts for 5 hours, spread over 2 nights

Busting my balls here espn

30 for 30 is elite

Showtime Lakers

Nothing sports related to watch for a while

Magic is such a choke artist

It's funny how Magic gets noted as winner for the first couple of years before going into a downturn of choking and being labeled a coach killer (due to Paul Westhead) and having too close a relationship with Jerry Buss. But he kept going to the Finals as the Celtics fell apart from Bird's back and McHale's foot.

Cause revisionist history. If we had social media for these players they'd all get slandered

Could not pay me to watch anything on Disney's ESPN.

In fact I don't have cable TV specially because $5 of my bill would go to them.

thought this thread would be livelier considering the subject matter

was it good?

>four seconds
>shoot it

Assassin Bird is one of my most favorite things to watch.

Par for the course of 30 for 30. No innovative storytelling like June 17, 1994. Just everybody reminiscing as things get told in chronological order. Plenty of highlights is nice, though.

that dude was 1,000,000% in the mob lol

The whole first hour is race baiting. When they actually talk about basketball it's good

Ice Cube is ruining this doc for me. holy shit he sounds like he's trying to be in 21 Jump Street right now

KOREAN JESUS HAS NO TIME FOR YOUR BULLSHIT

HE'S TOO BUSY DOING KOREAN SHIT

he keeps saying "We"

i was unaware he was on the '84 Lakers roster

>guys wearing crop tops and short shorts

80s were a different time

Lol bird is a scrub. He had to get carried by dj

Still have another 2 hours tomorrow.

Had he came into the league any later, he would be run off the court. He did so much hick shit that would have ended his career, ultimately doing his mom's new driveway and ruining his back forever.

Just looking at this. Today's Cavs-Warriors thing is nothing in comparison.

This is why it's so funny to me people call this the golden age of basketball and wish for this again but complain about gsw and cavs today

I fucking love Kareem so much, guys. He'll always be the GOAT in my heart.

>Lakers swept in the Finals twice within 6 years

Oh man, how delicious it would be if that were to happen on Sup Forums.

LeBron is aptly compared to magic. Taking a solid look at the ups and downs of his career over various documentaries shows that they not only play similar but also were both coach killers and guys who choked in big moments, though magic is still infinitely more likable than LeWhine

This is why it's painfully obvious when people birch about "superteams" and parity the extent of their nba history is post 2008 and their iq is about 80.

Also the league had parity in the 70s and it almost died until the Celtics/Lakers dominated. Anyone with a fraction of knowledge of the nba knows this.

its funny that people say this is the most offense we've ever seen in the league, yet in the 80s there were 140 point playoff games as well, the revisionist history is very strong in the NBA and its a good thing these docs are here to keep us grounded

Magic would have killed for his 84 finals if twitter existed

Correct, but now is more efficient, there was more possessions back then. People fail to understand mid 90s until about 3-4 yrs ago historically were by far the lowest scoring years in its history. In the 80s teams averaged ~110/game, this year it was 105, which was the highest since sometime in the late 80s/early 90s

Partizan x Red Star > Lakers x Celtics

No what's funny is that Magic came to a team that was already a contender while Larry was responsible for the greatest one year win/loss turn around in history (Until Duncan topped) and that Magic came to a team with THE ALL TIME LEADING SCORER in the NBA and what he's most known for is "assists" yet Larry and Magic are offered up as equals.

Dennis was my fav.

RIP

kek pussy ass niggers wouldn't do shit

I'm saying Larry was pretty fucking slow, but made up for it with better BBIQ

they said the same shit about gretzky in the NHL, slow, un-athletic, even wayne himself agrees with those assessments, however IQ can go a very long way in sport and people underrate it compared to just pure ability.

bird was never the fastest or strongest, but his passing ability was great, he was a knock down shooter who would 100% flourish in todays game with how soft it is, and the 3 point line didn't get implemented til he was halfway through his career. People underestimated him too, even cornbread said as much.