Fellas.. for those of you who make music/art in general, what's your creative process like...

fellas.. for those of you who make music/art in general, what's your creative process like? do you have any routines/rituals?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/KCWP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doing over thinking

My music often informs my visual art. Sometimes I'll just improv until it feels evocative of something visually.

nice
interesting. is that your set up?

one thing that I think is pretty universal: If you get inspired, you have to pursue it right away. If you get an idea don't just write it down or work on it a little bit and think you'll figure it out later. You have to act on an idea when you have it

My Process for making music (prog metal), is
WAPREM. I created this simple system myself.

Write, Arrange, Program, Record, Edit, and Mix.

Each component has an individual creative process. As far as just writing, as in composing, if you aren't coming up with anything you're just not inspired / talented enough. I literally have so many ideas to work on I don't have enough time in the world to do them all. the music should call to you like a ghost that haunts the back of your mind.

Yeah, it's a pain but it's worth it.

It just comes to me naturally

I don't have any method, I just play all the time, and if I find something cool, I write a song around it. I tend to work on full projects more than just individual songs. The current project is just about to break a year since I started it. I end up scrapping a lot of stuff, there's nothing from at least the first two months that I kept.

When I do decide to write a single song, it's usually just a day's endeavor.

sometimes when i am bored i open photoshop and just improvise i like it it power scrubs the brain check some of em out and tell me what u think

imgur.com/a/KCWP8

ohh and music related this is Sup Forums ahahahaha i listen to swans and john maus and 80's pop y'know depeche mode that shit will doing these it gets me in the groove

Don't wait for lightning to strike. Inspiration and motivation are bullshit. The only way to create is by doing. Doing requires discipline.

I usually have an hour or so ritual before I make anything where I'll down a cup of coffee, smoke a bowl, and listen to my favorite music

This has to be bait

your art is actually really sick i like it

honestly the hardest part is momentum
once i'm going i'll be really productive but when i take breaks it's hard to get going again
i spend a lot of time just trying to optimize workflow and minimize time spent trying to make stuff work so when i do sit down i can sit down forever

also i feel like i work best with less pressure
when i write a song and have it in my head one way it tends to come out much worse in the end than when i just start and let it go where it takes me naturally. it's when i'm too attatched to one idea that i ignore other options that i start to get frustrated which ends up cutting my output way down

Just fap any time you think about making art, then smoke a tobacco hit in a gravity bong and lay yo ass to bed

this has been true for me, if I don't act on it immediately, don't count on that passion ever coming back

>imgur.com/a/KCWP8
reminds me of the wolfgang gartner illamerica video

dude start a fucking instagram that's good shit

Read and learn new things.

Which label are you signed to?

I play the guitar, and to be honest, the best stuff usually comes to me when I'm not actively trying to write anything.

Pick up a guitar, play some chords, song on top of it. Make shit up. It's literally the easiest thing ever.

Cool